Speaking of Texas, I'm hearing that....

7 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Allure is headed to Galveston in Nov 2022 as the new terminal will be completed and ready. Announcement is coming tomorrow!

They basically announced this last week when they moved Liberty back to Florida and the annual report mentioned the terminal was one of two projects they were spending money on. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

46 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Allure is headed to Galveston in Nov 2022 as the new terminal will be completed and ready. Announcement is coming tomorrow!

Wasn’t that always supposed to be the plan, EVENTUALLY?

IF and WHEN the port is built.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Don't know if you have seen the itinerary but I wasn't impressed by it.  Only Malaga and Nassau as port stops.

41 minutes ago, JBSteelerfan said:

Don't know if you have seen the itinerary but I wasn't impressed by it.  Only Malaga and Nassau as port stops.

I looked last night around midnight at Feb 2023 and saw 3 stops, 2 in Mexico and 1 in Honduras. I did not book. 

Just now, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Not really, but someone else found a different itenerary. Just responding.

Not exactly apples to apples - they quoted TA and yours was the usual RT.

As has been discussed before there are limited viable ports for Allure from Galveston.

1 hour ago, JBSteelerfan said:

For me...the ship is the destination.  For port stops, I have also booked the last two weeks prior to the Fall WB TA 2022.  Will be plenty of ports to explore at that time, then...just relax on way back.  If I am going to spend many days at sea on a TA, I prefer larger ship that is more sure footed in possible rough seas....and has a lot of things to do versus small ship.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, George C said:

We are sailing Allure this November, it will be great to have her in Texas .

I am supposed to be spending my 25th anniversary in an OS on Allure here out of PC...end of this coming May.  I already know that one is doomed...just waiting for RCI to officially cancel so I can get my refund.  😣

Just booked the Allure TA  this morning!  Although we would've preferred 1-2 more ports similar to our canceled 2020 Allure TA, but sailing on an Oasis class in a suite with a good price and lots to do onboard makes up for the minimum ports for us.  It will be our first time at Port of Galveston.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, long4acruise said:

Just booked the Allure TA  this morning!  Although we would've preferred 1-2 more ports similar to our canceled 2020 Allure TA, but sailing on an Oasis class in a suite with a good price and lots to do onboard makes up for the minimum ports for us.  It will be our first time at Port of Galveston.

Let us know if you have Galveston questions. 

Most cant wait for allure to get here to texas.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

I looked last night around midnight at Feb 2023 and saw 3 stops, 2 in Mexico and 1 in Honduras. I did not book. 

That is the regular weekly sailings from Galveston....the TA has just the 2 port stops...and not very good ones.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Congratulations on all of the good news for Texas! Allure is my favorite ship.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Every week in 2023 the same itinerary with 3 stops. In the past Galveston ships alternated east and west. 

The smaller ships work in a 4th stop in Belize but it's a tender port so Allure won't stop there. 

7 minutes ago, SG65CB said:

Every week in 2023 the same itinerary with 3 stops. In the past Galveston ships alternated east and west. 

The smaller ships work in a 4th stop in Belize but it's a tender port so Allure won't stop there. 

I dont remember ever having a 4th port on any ship out of Galveston only florida. ..during the last 20 years I'd guess, lots of size ships

• Like 1