The Daily for Thursday Mar 18, 2021

richwmn

3 hours ago, Crazy For Cats said:

Some pictures of Eurodam just crossed my FB feed.  At Damien Shipyard in Brest, Bretagne.

image.thumb.png.032e41ce7e8239ccb8fd39ff8d10fd69.png

image.thumb.png.1aea8a8f5f7ede08b615403d7a2484f5.png

Obviously out of the water, so qualifies as a 'Dry Dock'.  Was there any mention of what work was being done to her?  Eurodam had a planned dry dock cancelled in November/December in Bahamas, so this may be replacing the cancelled one.

@Copper10-8Any information from your side?

• Like 9

13 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

Obviously out of the water, so qualifies as a 'Dry Dock'.  Was there any mention of what work was being done to her?  Eurodam had a planned dry dock cancelled in November/December in Bahamas, so this may be replacing the cancelled one.

@Copper10-8Any information from your side?

Nieuw Statendam was in the same place for about a week in November.  I wonder if that was a dry dock as well.

Roy

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, erewhon said:

Thanks for the daily reports, photos and humour.

@Mary229 thank you for the news of your brother.

@Vict0riannreally appreciate that you shared your Butchart Gardens photos, is that a Fritallaria in the first photo?

Stay safe and well everyone.

Yes, a frittilaria, possibly it was forced to bloom this early, but it seemed to be happy.  There were a few camellias in bloom, too, so perhaps it is just in a particularly warm corner.

I will post some more when the tulips start to bloom - they usually get over a quarter of a million bulbs from Holland.  Not sure what they have done in Covid times....

• Like 10

Good evening everyone!  Thank you for the Daily Rich. Thank you for your lists Roy and additional Daily research. And to Jacqui as well. 

I’m late today, don’t really have an excuse. Our Zoom book group was meeting at 4:00 and I needed to read the chapter (I’m not a big reader) so forced myself to read and put a little extra time in getting ready (putting on makeup). I was all ready at 3:45, got on the Zoom at 4:00 and no one was there. After 5 minutes I texted and it had been canceled but no one told me. Oh well, like DH said, at least I’m prepared for the next time. 

It has taken some time to read through all 5 pages of today’s Daily and I’ve been racking my brain trying to remember if we have been to Belize. Back in 1999 we did a cave tubing tour and it’s possible that it was Belize. I’m going to have to search out my records and pictures.  I remember there was a Mayan tour offered so it’s possible. 

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 13

6 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

Yes, a frittilaria, possibly it was forced to bloom this early, but it seemed to be happy.  There were a few camellias in bloom, too, so perhaps it is just in a particularly warm corner.

I will post some more when the tulips start to bloom - they usually get over a quarter of a million bulbs from Holland.  Not sure what they have done in Covid times....

Thank you for your reply.  The fritillaria must be in a nice warm position.

Edited by erewhon
  • Like 5