Cruising in the US. in May?

2 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Test cruises maybe.  Fall passenger cruises the earliest possible, IMO. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

more final payments

Cruiselines can only receive payments when their passengers send them. My point is, the power of the purse is still with us as the consumer. Personally, I don't think we'll be cruising until late fall or early winter at the earliest. Maybe not even then.  While tempted to book Allure for early next year.... I'll wait to see how our July 2022 shakes out first. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

I read it as the green light will be given mid-May at which point, the cruise lines will need 60-90 days to get ready. 

So, August maybe? 

• Like 1

On 3/18/2021 at 6:46 PM, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Cruiselines can only receive payments when their passengers send them. My point is, the power of the purse is still with us as the consumer. Personally, I don't think we'll be cruising until late fall or early winter at the earliest. Maybe not even then.  While tempted to book Allure for early next year.... I'll wait to see how our July 2022 shakes out first. 

Allure has a pretty nice 8 night itinerary next winter out of Ft. Lauderdale.

On 3/18/2021 at 7:08 PM, HBE4 said:

I read it as the green light will be given mid-May at which point, the cruise lines will need 60-90 days to get ready. 

So, August maybe? 

I read it as cruising to Mexico and Canada only. That's no fun but it is a start. Where can you volunteer for test cruises that are now still required I want in?

11 minutes ago, thewebbys said:

I read it as cruising to Mexico and Canada only. That's no fun but it is a start. Where can you volunteer for test cruises that are now still required I want in?

They already have more than they need. I don’t remember the numbers, but it was something like 10 x the amount of people needed had applied.

12 hours ago, thewebbys said:

It will not be from Canada.  Not this year.  

Government of Canada announces one-year ban for pleasure craft and cruise vessels  - Canada.ca