Royal sailing from Bahamas this summer

55 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I know it's a long shot, but any chance that the health and safety protocols information gathered from the Adventure and Millennium sailing could be used to satisfy the "test cruise" requirements?   As well as Odyssey & Quantum.

I realize the last 2 are slightly different situation with residency bubbles but many of the health protocols are still the same.

No. A test cruise must exercise US Port procedures.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, pinnacleking2021 said:

oh really??? i did not kno this how much is it and where does it go nassau? how long does it take,,,thanks

There is one Ferry per week from Ft. Lauderdale to Freeport, not Nassau...

13 minutes ago, mo&fran said:

There is a high speed ferry from Port Everglades.

Besides the Balearia ferry to Bimini and Grand Bahama, is there another one that goes all the way to Nassau? 

8 minutes ago, pinnacleking2021 said:

oh really??? i did not kno this how much is it and where does it go nassau? how long does it take,,,thanks

Best I can find is around 2 hours, don't know  how that is affected by sea state.  They say Nassau,  I think I have seen he boat tied up at the cruise pier on Marine Traffic.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, thewebbys said:

My question is: Who will book one of these cruises? I can see the cost of airfare going up as we type.

I’d do it. As I mentioned on a previous post, from where I live it’s either a 1 hour and 30 minute flight to Miami or 1 hour and 50 minute flight to Nassau. Granted airfare will most likely be more expensive to NAS than MIA, but unless it’s simply outside of what I can afford, I think it will be money well spent. 

I normally don’t care about cruising during the summer months which is why I’m not sitting by the computer with a credit card in hand waiting for bookings to open up. But otherwise I’d be ready. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Time to throw caution to wind as someone said!

With the number of safety protocols they have and the fact that you not only need to be vaccinated but also require a PCR test and will have an antigen test done at the port they are hardly "throwing caution to the wind"

• Like 2

Great news! I just checked flights and there are direct flights to Nassau from DC. Of course it will all depend on whether there is a mask mandate (would be a "no" for me if there is one). Yipee!

22 minutes ago, ridge4 said:

In my opinion, these announcements from several cruise lines is going to increase pressure on the CDC. Moving these ships away from U.S. homeports will significantly affect the economy of the port cities. Obviously that is already happening, but this is a sign that ships could leave U.S. ports permanently. I expect a strong increase of pushback from the affected cities and states. 

IMHO those cities that home-port cruises will put pressure on the CDC to lift the restrictions but I continue to believe (as I stated in post #35) the CDC has other motives for their lack of action. So again .... it is great the cruise lines are finally seeing the light that the CDC is not their friend and to move away from the US until the CDC changes their tune.

• Like 3

Just now, pinnacleking2021 said:

vaccines 

masks

constant covid testing

No decision on masks has been announced but will be before itineraries open for sale.  I would hardly call one antigen test at the start and end of the cruise that the cruise line is providing free of charge constant testing

Don't like it don't sail...simple

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

My preference would be them not permitting unvaccinated people at all during these sailings. (i.e., no kids until vaccines become available to them). Barring that, I'd like to see masks required for kids in indoor areas (i.e., keep the kids outside or in your cabin). But as long as any mask requirement isn't extremely onerous under the circumstances, I'm in for at least one sailing, and if the pricing isn't terrible I'd probably jump right to a B2B or B2B2B.

Edited by dswallow

3 minutes ago, pinnacleking2021 said:

idk if its because i got the vaccine but the mask wearing irritates the life out of me.why should those who got the vaccine be punished by having to wear the mask 

Why should those that have life insurance be forced to wear seatbelts

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

What crazy rules.  None have been announced so why speculate

Just say vaccinated for adults to board. Not tests

Testing for 18 and under, vaccinations required to board for 18 and over. Nothing about testing adults.

20210319_130916.jpg

Edited by firefly333

Just now, firefly333 said:

Testing for 18 and under, vaccinations required to board for 18 and over. Nothing about testing adults.

A negative PCR test is required.  Celebrity just announced that they will perform an antigen test at the pier and on the ship on the last day as well.

At this time, we expect each guest will need to provide the following:

• For guests 18 years of age and older, proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID -19

• Proof of a negative SARS- CoV-2 RT-PCR test result for entry into the country where you are sailing from (age requirements vary by jurisdiction)

• Completed Royal Caribbean Health Questionnaire, available in the app 24 hours before sailing

• Typical travel documents, including passport or any visas as required by the departure country

3 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I wonder how people flying back to the USA would get tested? On the assumption that CDC rule won't change by then.

13 minutes ago, ridge4 said:

This article is a year old. Much has changed. 

It was a desperate life and death situation.  The ships were turned away, not by the CDC.   This is more current:   Key West, Florida, voters opt to ban large cruise ships from visiting (usatoday.com)

Edited by ew101

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

A negative PCR test is required.  Celebrity just announced that they will perform an antigen test at the pier and on the ship on the last day as well.

At this time, we expect each guest will need to provide the following:

• For guests 18 years of age and older, proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID -19

• Proof of a negative SARS- CoV-2 RT-PCR test result for entry into the country where you are sailing from (age requirements vary by jurisdiction)

• Completed Royal Caribbean Health Questionnaire, available in the app 24 hours before sailing

• Typical travel documents, including passport or any visas as required by the departure country

Then the email is wrong?  Or just missed about testing? Email from rcl says vaccinated over 18, under 18 negative tests. 

20210319_130916.jpg

• Like 1