Who has decided to take a summer staycation cruise?

seapals2

7 hours ago, dundeelass said:

are you on the 18th sailing?

are you concerned about getting proof you have had both vaccines?

maybe the govt will come out with something soon to let you show proof

It is mentioned in the press today that the government plan to link vaccination details to passports, hopefully by 'mid summer' which is government speak for probably several months later, just like other schemes. P&O need to get an alternative proof sorted and advertised as soon as possible as it is only about 10 weeks until the first cruises and some passengers will have a real hassle getting their GP's to provide the proof, especially before final payment.

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, jaydee6969 said:

We have booked on to the 4 night cruise on the 18th.  Booked direct on the phone with P&O and tried to book a back to back.  I was told, and this is also on P&O's website, 7 days must lapse between cruises and back to back are not allowed.

This is from the website:-

Guests will require a seven day gap between any of the UK getaway cruises. Back to back bookings will not be available.

As the COVID-19 situation evolves our accompanying health protocols are under constant review. Therefore, to ensure we continue to maintain the highest levels of approach, we want to ensure that as we return to sailing each new cruise operates with all guests boarding for the first time, in line with these protocols.

And another reason for the 7 day gap is if you catch COVID on the 1st cruise to can't infect anybody on the second. IF you show symptoms in the 7 day gap you won't be allowed to board and good luck in proving you caught COVID on the 1st cruise. The press will be all over this, hoping it all goes pear shaped so they can write those lurid headlines that sell papers.

• Like 4

I think having vaccination status on our passports will be the best way to deal with this going forward.  As we all have them to travel.

For these summer sailings I think it will be hard to have one means of proof that will be acceptable to all.  Personally, as I have a smart phone, I carry my vaccination proof with me everyday, as it’s in my “My GP” app, this is an NHS app and linked to my NHS number.  I am hoping cruise lines will use these resources as proof as I don’t think GP surgeries are going to have the time and manpower to provide written letters.

I haven’t looked into trying to print out my record but that may be an option if travellers don’t have app capable phones. 

• Like 5

8 hours ago, dundeelass said:

are you on the 18th sailing?

are you concerned about getting proof you have had both vaccines?

maybe the govt will come out with something soon to let you show proof

No, I’m not sailing til end Aug so should all be clear by then.  I wouldn’t worry though as everybody will be in the same position.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pink-belle said:

I think having vaccination status on our passports will be the best way to deal with this going forward.  As we all have them to travel.

For these summer sailings I think it will be hard to have one means of proof that will be acceptable to all.  Personally, as I have a smart phone, I carry my vaccination proof with me everyday, as it’s in my “My GP” app, this is an NHS app and linked to my NHS number.  I am hoping cruise lines will use these resources as proof as I don’t think GP surgeries are going to have the time and manpower to provide written letters.

I haven’t looked into trying to print out my record but that may be an option if travellers don’t have app capable phones. 

Despite being the largest practice in my area I get the impression it is somewhat lacking in the electronic side of administration and don't provide an electronic repeat prescription service or the NHS App apparently.

do you have the right to have a print out of your record or is it at the whim of the practice manager? I presume they will charge a fortune for it as well. Then will P&O accept it as proof of vaccination or will it need a practice validation stamp or whatever.

the whole thing is a can of worms and makes me feel sick sometimes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pink-belle said:

I think it is a very good idea to have your initial 2 covid19 vaccines linked to our passports as permanent proof of vaccination.

The small paper cards we are given don't look very secure if they are a requirement to travel.

32 minutes ago, davecttr said:

Despite being the largest practice in my area I get the impression it is somewhat lacking in the electronic side of administration and don't provide an electronic repeat prescription service or the NHS App apparently.

do you have the right to have a print out of your record or is it at the whim of the practice manager? I presume they will charge a fortune for it as well. Then will P&O accept it as proof of vaccination or will it need a practice validation stamp or whatever.

the whole thing is a can of worms and makes me feel sick sometimes.

Morning Dave.  Yes, you do have a right to a summary of your medical record and no they cannot charge you for it.  As a Practice Manager I can tell you that with certainty.  I can only speak for my own surgery's computer system (Emis - some practices have other systems), but a print out takes seconds to do.  I've had the conversation with my staff here and we've agreed that as the summaries come out on plain paper and not headed paper, we should put our practice stamp them to confirm the origin. Hope this helps.  Jane.x

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I just checked My app, but to be honest have had it so long could not see how I had initially registered.  It does state on the app that I have a legal right to the notes and my records though, so it can’t be at a whim of a practice manager.  Although obviously the online access is far easier for all parties rather than starting a paper trail. If you don’t have access to the mobile service you would be able to obtain a printed copy even if there was a cost.

11 hours ago, dundeelass said:

well i just booked it yesterday, ta never mentioned anything. I don't see why they would not allow it, even if i have to change cabins that's fine. 

We booked the Arcadia J112 (now cancelled) sailing for 8th June using a TA. Within 3 days of booking, we got confirmation direct from P&O.

So if you get confirmation from P&O for both your back-to-back cruises, then you should be ok to proceed ?

27 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

The small paper cards we are given don't look very secure if they are a requirement to travel.

Not secure at all, I have heard of people just being given blank ones, others given photocopies as they have run out, and on mine they put the wrong name on, I queried it, and they told me to just change it myself with a black pen when I got home. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, davemorton said:

Not secure at all, I have heard of people just being given blank ones, others given photocopies as they have run out, and on mine they put the wrong name on, I queried it, and they told me to just change it myself with a black pen when I got home. 

Neither of our names were written on our cards just the vaccine brand name and batch number.

34 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Morning Dave.  Yes, you do have a right to a summary of your medical record and no they cannot charge you for it.  As a Practice Manager I can tell you that with certainty.  I can only speak for my own surgery's computer system (Emis - some practices have other systems), but a print out takes seconds to do.  I've had the conversation with my staff here and we've agreed that as the summaries come out on plain paper and not headed paper, we should put our practice stamp them to confirm the origin. Hope this helps.  Jane.x

Thank you Jane.

To date neither of us have needed this but it is helpful to know how easily we could get a copy if needed.

Graham.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Bertie Doe said:

We booked the Arcadia J112 (now cancelled) sailing for 8th June using a TA. Within 3 days of booking, we got confirmation direct from P&O.

So if you get confirmation from P&O for both your back-to-back cruises, then you should be ok to proceed ?

I would not say that is true, see P&O's t&cs re these staycations and b2b.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Neither of our names were written on our cards just the vaccine brand name and batch number.

All ours said on our cards was name of vaccine and date. No names or batch number so totally useless.

• Like 1

The NHS app links you to your patient record with your NHS GP practice.

Most GP practices also provide their own online access, which can be via any one of about 10 different platforms, none of which are run by the NHS.

What you can actually see online, either via the NHS app or direct with the online GP system, is entirely up to the GP practice; reading this forum, many are able to see their entire medical history and vaccination record.

Others are like us - all the online system allows is repeat prescriptions and booking appointments.

There is no vaccination record, no history - zilch.

Yes, we have a right to see our records - but it has to be requested and will not be provided online.

So currently, for many, the repeated suggestion that the NHS app will be a good system to prove vaccination records is unworkable unless and until the various GP practices get on stream (not helped by the fact that so many records are still not transferred from paper to computer).

1 hour ago, Bertie Doe said:

The problem is, if the two cruises were booked separately, the systems that the TA and P&O use may not join up the dots and realise that these two cruises are B2B. Therefore, it is possible that the cruises will be treated as separate entities and the system will churn out two confirmations.

However, it is clear from the T&C that 7 days must be allowed between the cruises, so whatever happens with the confirmations it is now known that these two cruises do not comply with the T&C.

There’s only one course of action possible. To go back to the TA and cancel one of the cruises.

In this Covid age, it is incumbent on us all to adhere to every guideline that we are given and that includes the T&C for these cruises.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

I’ve got the ‘my GP’ app but the vaccination bit says ‘coming soon’ 🙄

I like the idea of it being in your passport but how does it work? Do you have to pay for new one?

So, I go to the NHS app, it is just the NHS symbol, log in and the home page shows my name, date of birth and NHS number

then popular services

4th one down is “View your GP health record” selecting this states your record shows personal data, allergies and medications.

it then says depending on your GP surgery you may also see.....

I guess I am very lucky that my GP practice is on the ball, as if I  then select consultations and events it shows under 3rd March all the details of my first vaccine of AZ .

I really think more needs to be done to promote this app, could be a lifeline if someone you are with is taken unexpectedly unwell and you don’t know their full history. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dermotsgirl said:

There’s only one course of action possible. To go back to the TA and cancel one of the cruises.

In the unlikely event of P&Os computer not recognising BTB cruises, there is one other course of action possible and that is to contact P&O themselves. Probably more reliable than a TA.

50 minutes ago, Bertie Doe said:

In the unlikely event of P&Os computer not recognising BTB cruises, there is one other course of action possible and that is to contact P&O themselves. Probably more reliable than a TA.

If it's booked through an agent, personally I think it's good etiquette to deal with the agent for the whole transaction.

But the main thing is for the person who booked the cruises to get one of them cancelled by whatever means necessary! 

• Like 1

Sorry to start all the worry about GP's and the NHS app. I tried downloading it again and used my passport as verification. It took about an hour including verifying my selfie photo and now the half full news is yes my practice have my vaccination records and I can view them. They even sent me an email confirming access 😁🐇

the half empty bit is having an alternative proof if your App or phone throws a wobbly at the terminal checking.

Thanks Becket, a print out with a stamp would be great 👍

• Like 2