Who has decided to take a summer staycation cruise?

seapals2

9 minutes ago, Bertie Doe said:

I think these seacation trips should be free - heck, we're guinea pigs.

In effect we are all guinea pigs, we are all part of a global clinical trial. Hopefully the result will be positive and we can get back to something like normality. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bertie Doe said:

Thanks Dave, that's quite reassuring. I guess the cruise lines will be going overboard with all the cleaning and health protocols in place. Another advantage of the round-Britain cruises, will be the avoidance of air travel, where you're flying in a metal test-tube. I'm not sure how effective the air filters are .. 🤐

The filters in aircraft are basically the same ones that cruise lines are now retro-fitting, so you will now be as safe on a cruise ship as you are in an aircraft.

We have booked on Sky Princess , 3 nights going nowhere lol.  Great opportunity to sample Princess line.  3 nights of no cooking, no cleaning, no making the bed , being entertained, spending quality time with my husband, dressing up a bit after a year of doing not much  - what's not to like (feel bit guilty having to leave 14 and 17 year old at home, with sitters, as no jabs but only slightly lol) 

• Like 6

On 4/8/2021 at 5:45 PM, peteukmcr said:

Well to add to the choices available Virgin Voyages have now announced 3 & 4 night sailings in August on Scarlet Lady from Portsmouth 

Just received my email for pre launch booking, they go live to public on 13 April. 

Adults only, must have had both vaccinations before sailing. Cruises are are 3 or 4 day or can make 7 day by booking back to back. No port being called at,  depart from Portsmouth.

Entertainment is from U.K. musicians and artists who have not had the best of years with limited performance opportunities.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

Just received my email for pre launch booking, they go live to public on 13 April. 

Adults only, must have had both vaccinations before sailing. Cruises are are 3 or 4 day or can make 7 day by booking back to back. No port being called at,  depart from Portsmouth.

Entertainment is from U.K. musicians and artists who have not had the best of years with limited performance opportunities.

I like the idea of supporting local artists. 

Unfortunately too far away for us  for just 4 days. Shame they didn't do just one cruise of 7 days.   

8 hours ago, wowzz said:

Unfortunately too far away for us  for just 4 days. Shame they didn't do just one cruise of 7 days.   

I thought the same, but it seems they are sticking with their initial plan as Miami sailings on her were going to be 5 days max, and then Valiant would start with 7 days. They may still add one if demand is good I guess. 

Edited by joeecco

1 hour ago, rachiem said:

Do P&O typically have a black tie evening on a three night cruise?

Not sure what to pack for our July sailing (or even if anything fits anymore!!)

I would be surprised if they did with the dining arrangements being changed, not that it matters as there are plenty of places to eat.  Formal nights also restrict the venues casual dressers can use which IMO would not be appropriate on these special cruises. Someone should ask P&O?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rachiem said:

Do P&O typically have a black tie evening on a three night cruise?

Not sure what to pack for our July sailing (or even if anything fits anymore!!)

Yes, under pre covid cruises black tie evenings were held on the 2 night cruises too.  No dress codes showing up yet on the planner for our 4 night seacation.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, jaydee6969 said:

Yes, under pre covid cruises black tie evenings were held on the 2 night cruises too.  No dress codes showing up yet on the planner for our 4 night seacation.

And possibly the normal  confusion about which are formal dress venues. I remember P&O listing the Oceana Yacht & Compass as a formal bar. Go on the ship and it was not. P&O list the Glass House on Azura and Ventura as formal venues. Go on the ships (I have) and guess what, they are not formal venues. I think the difficulty with having a formal area is when it is a transit area with lots of informal scruffs tramping back and forth 😉

Oops, have I started the fashion wars again 😈

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, davecttr said:

I would be surprised if they did with the dining arrangements being changed, not that it matters as there are plenty of places to eat.  Formal nights also restrict the venues casual dressers can use which IMO would not be appropriate on these special cruises. Someone should ask P&O?

Sadly on the 3 night Sky Princess now that we have booked and can go to the planner there are no formal nights 

1 hour ago, davecttr said:

And possibly the normal  confusion about which are formal dress venues. I remember P&O listing the Oceana Yacht & Compass as a formal bar. Go on the ship and it was not. P&O list the Glass House on Azura and Ventura as formal venues. Go on the ships (I have) and guess what, they are not formal venues. I think the difficulty with having a formal area is when it is a transit area with lots of informal scruffs tramping back and forth 😉

Oops, have I started the fashion wars again 😈

I'm afraid me and my family may have been offensive to some or many in the past then Dave - us being some of the " informal scruffs tramping back" to our cabins to get ready to shine in our cruise-appropriate formal evening wear. Perhaps such "scruffs" could transit via the crew areas so as to cause less offence? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

On 4/10/2021 at 12:10 AM, wowzz said:

Virgin Voyages suggest booking a 3 & 4 night sailing to make a 7 night cruise.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, peteukmcr said:

Not a bad idea - I didn't realise they allowed b2b cruises. I wonder if they give a discount? 

1 hour ago, peteukmcr said:

I received a email from Virgin advertising them has 7 night cruises.

I think the price was 1699 for a basic balcony, personally not booking anything until things are much more settled

Edited by Bloodaxe

1 hour ago, Bloodaxe said:

I think the price was 1699 for a basic balcony, personally not booking anything until things are much more settled

I would love to try a cruise with Virgin but at that price and with no ports to visit I will probably give it a miss

46 minutes ago, ann141 said:

I would love to try a cruise with Virgin but at that price and with no ports to visit I will probably give it a miss

Looking at the Virgin 'blurb' it seems that all 20 restaurants don't have an extra additional charge? Is this correct? If yes, then I can't see there being a 'Surf & Turf' restaurant 😁

Well, we recently booked the 4 night P&O (B113N) in June and although a little expensive for a cruise to no-where I'm hoping the break, will be fun along with a few laughs and some good weather. If your joining this cruise please let me know 🙂  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bloodaxe said:

If you book a 3 night (£499 for sea terrace) and then 4 night at £599 then total for 7 nights should only be £1098 so not sure why trips would be advertised at £1699.

If you book a 3 night (£499 for sea terrace) and then 4 night at £599 then total for 7 nights should only be £1098 so not sure why trips would be advertised at £1699.

Sorry, just realized I was quoting from a advert for 7 day cruises round trip Portsmouth with some ports later in the Summer.

2 hours ago, ann141 said:

Me too at that price! After a few drinks you are talking about  £2k pp for 7 days floating about off the south coast. Not for us I'm sorry to say. 

I'm not sure if the Virgin marketing department know exactly who they are targeting with these cruises. They are trying to be "hip" but their pricing is over the top for their target market. 

Have you got the dates please?

1 minute ago, wowzz said:

Me too at that price! After a few drinks you are talking about  £2k pp for 7 days floating about off the south coast. Not for us I'm sorry to say. 

I'm not sure if the Virgin marketing department know exactly who they are targeting with these cruises. They are trying to be "hip" but their pricing is over the top for their target market. 

I think 'basic' drinks are included (don't know which are considered basic) and if under £500 for 3 or 4 nights I might consider it because the ship looks fantastic and it would be great to 'test' it out.Just have to persuade the hubby

7 minutes ago, ann141 said:

I think 'basic' drinks are included (don't know which are considered basic) and if under £500 for 3 or 4 nights I might consider it because the ship looks fantastic and it would be great to 'test' it out.Just have to persuade the hubby

Apparently 'basic bevvies' are very basic and just include tea, coffee, juices and sodas🙁