Who has decided to take a summer staycation cruise?

seapals2

@Beckettgood deal for NHS workers, let me know if interested.

OK , caved in and booked 😁 🤪- MSC 7 nights, "Virtuosa" from Southampton visiting  Belfast, Greenock and Liverpool, not necessarily in that order..........As a SOLO!! husband not keen on going, so leaving him to dog sit, ha ha.

I must say now that I have booked, I am excited and really looking forward to it , I have missed that sense of anticipation that holidays bring.....just hope it goes ahead now !!!!!!!!

Still not sure about the one in October[with DH!!] but that's still light years away in pandemic terms.

And yes, I have started to think about what to wear, what to take and will it fit in one small case, sad I know😁

• Like 3

Got Travelodge for 10 Sep for £47.  Able to cancel as well.  Going by train so no need for parking this time.

Everywhere else in town was over £80.  We usually go for the Dolphin, but that was over £120!  Not really a fan of Travelodge but it is only one night.

2 hours ago, bobstheboy said:

I use the Double Tree by Hilton. just out of town, with return taxi fares. booked in Feb for 15 nights parking, overnight stay, breakfast and 3 course dinner for two, £189.

I'm sure I posted  this but its flown off into the ether.. it it reappears apologies!

I'm investigating this one.  At first it seems reasonable but when broken down it's a real bargain.

Thank you

2 hours ago, bobstheboy said:

I use the Double Tree by Hilton. just out of town, with return taxi fares. booked in Feb for 15 nights parking, overnight stay, breakfast and 3 course dinner for two, £189.

Is that the Aegus Bowl (?sp)  or another one?

7 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

Now I don't know which one it is!!!!🤣😂

Look 'ere... I'm confused now.   It doesn't take much 🤓

Just Google "Double Tree by Hilton Southampton " - there is only one! 

15 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Just Google "Double Tree by Hilton Southampton " - there is only one! 

Sorry to interject.

The Double Tree is old, tired and past it’s best, with no decent views from rooms and iffy parking. In a word depressing.

Book the Hilton Ageas, more modern, bright with views from rooms, with it’s own Cruise stay packages, including your own private taxi to and from port.

And the buffet breakfast at Ageas is better and has a larger selection of items.

https://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/united-kingdom/hilton-at-the-ageas-bowl-southampton-SOUAGHI/about/park-and-stay.html

Consider the Ageas executive floor having lounge access, with complimentary alcoholic drinks and a hot/cold nibbles buffet in the evening, plus a tea/coffee machine and soft drinks 24/7 

Edited by PORT ROYAL
Lounge
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

Now I don't know which one it is!!!!🤣😂

Look 'ere... I'm confused now.   It doesn't take much 🤓

Apparently it's the Doubletree, but could be the other one that isn't. We have a Doubletree by Hilton in Woking. It's not far from the station and you can get a direct train to Southampton.

1 minute ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Could be you actually do use it, not knowing about anything better.😉

I do and for the money, it's good value. Just an overnight prior to the cruise. There's always better, but you pay your money and I pay mind 🙂

9 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

I do and for the money, it's good value. Just an overnight prior to the cruise. There's always better, but you pay your money and I pay mind 🙂

If it’s a only a price sensitive thing, then consider a Southampton B&B then Parking4Cruises.

Edited by PORT ROYAL

20 hours ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Got Travelodge for 10 Sep for £47.  Able to cancel as well.  Going by train so no need for parking this time.

Everywhere else in town was over £80.  We usually go for the Dolphin, but that was over £120!  Not really a fan of Travelodge but it is only one night.

Who is a fan of Travelslum?

22 hours ago, ohnonotmeagain said:

@Beckettgood deal for NHS workers, let me know if interested.

OK , caved in and booked 😁 🤪- MSC 7 nights, "Virtuosa" from Southampton visiting  Belfast, Greenock and Liverpool, not necessarily in that order..........As a SOLO!! husband not keen on going, so leaving him to dog sit, ha ha.

I must say now that I have booked, I am excited and really looking forward to it , I have missed that sense of anticipation that holidays bring.....just hope it goes ahead now !!!!!!!!

Still not sure about the one in October[with DH!!] but that's still light years away in pandemic terms.

And yes, I have started to think about what to wear, what to take and will it fit in one small case, sad I know😁

Good morning Ohnonotmeagain. I'm just having a catch-up as have been working and saw your post about the MSC discounts for NHS workers. I'm definitely interested and will ring up and see what they can offer me.  Well done you for booking as a solo! I've solo-cruised many times and it's never been a problem for me. I've never felt out of place and have met some lovely people along the way. I'll let you know if I book something. As for the clothes - I daren't even think about what will fit because I know the answer - very little! Have a very happy Easter. Best wishes. Jane.x

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beckett said:

Good morning Ohnonotmeagain. I'm just having a catch-up as have been working and saw your post about the MSC discounts for NHS workers. I'm definitely interested and will ring up and see what they can offer me.  Well done you for booking as a solo! I've solo-cruised many times and it's never been a problem for me. I've never felt out of place and have met some lovely people along the way. I'll let you know if I book something. As for the clothes - I daren't even think about what will fit because I know the answer - very little! Have a very happy Easter. Best wishes. Jane.x

Give me an email ,its not my primary email so it's ok and I'll give you the deal.Very pleased with myself!!

Fergusbaby@mail.com

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MX-Drew said:

Who is a fan of Travelslum?

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

Some are better than others. Not a fan of the ones on motorway services, but the newer ones are OK for the price. 

I'm with Wowzz on this one some are good value .We used the one in Liverpool 

once when sailing from there . Walk out, cross the road to the Liver building and 

you're at the docks ready to board your ship ,no taxis needed , shop below it , train

station walkable 2 mins away . For an overnight stay  around the 20 odd pound mark 

it ticked a lot of boxes for us . We did stay down the road at the Premier Inn but there

was not a lot in it to be honest. On location alone it worked for us .  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

Some are better than others. Not a fan of the ones on motorway services, but the newer ones are OK for the price. 

The newish one in Winchester is great and right in the city centre.We managed to get a Superior room for £19 !!Prefer Premier Inn but you know with Travelodge you know you are likely to get a clean reasonable sized room

On 4/4/2021 at 9:26 AM, ann141 said:

The newish one in Winchester is great and right in the city centre.We managed to get a Superior room for £19 !!Prefer Premier Inn but you know with Travelodge you know you are likely to get a clean reasonable sized room

I haven’t stayed in a Travelodge for ages as the last one we stayed in was very disappointing. They’d taken away the bath for ‘safety reasons’ and there wasn’t even coffee and tea in the room! You had to go to a vending machine in the corridor and, of course had to pay! Not impressed, John won’t let me book them again!

Anyone wanting a Premier Inn out of town with free parking, the one at Eastleigh is good just off the M3. Last time we stayed (2019) we sat chatting with other cruise guests on tables outside til it got dark! Great fun.

Edited by P&O SUE
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Beckett said:

I can second this - cruising solo is the best way to completely relax, do your own thing and have the added treat of meeting new people some of whom have remained cruising friends for years who I still match cruises with (and will again).  When one works in a complex, high stress role leading widely diverse and challenging projects and equally diverse and challenging staff and clients - just being able to sit alone and quiet watching the waves is the best therapy ever.   Unfortunately, also second the redundant volume in my clothes closet - off for a quick march around the park to try to jiggle off a centimetre

• Like 1