Who has decided to take a summer staycation cruise?

seapals2

26 minutes ago, davecttr said:

I have read it is the other way round, passports for internal UK use and a certificate, possibly single use, for international travel - see post #719. They had still better get on with it before the lemming migration to the Costas begins

Not really important what they call them, but this is from the Guardian.

Millions of people in England could be provided with so-called Covid passports by 17 May to let them take holidays abroad this summer and potentially avoid quarantine when they reach their destination, the Guardian has learned.

The documents – likely to be different from domestic Covid certificates, which the government is working on separately – are still under development but should be made available before restrictions on international travel lift next month, sources said.

32 minutes ago, MX-Drew said:

I tend to think the cruise companies have known all along what is due to come hence their vagueness in the proof that will be needed

I tend to agree with you. Having been on a number of industry/ Government working parties, a nod and a wink helps industry prepare, but confidentiality is expected.

• Like 3

I have booked a Staycation! Thanks to another poster on here (can't remember her CC name but you know who you are Jane), advising me of the NHS discounts MSC were offering, and the fact that MSC are taking children, I decided to bite the bullet. So, I've got an August 7 day cruise in a Suite, with a massive 35% discount for all 3 of us. I'm so thrilled and excited and the girls are already packed! 

I know I shouldn't be posting about MSC in the P&O area but you're my friends and I just wanted to let you know. Best wishes all. Jane. X

• Like 19

3 minutes ago, Beckett said:

I have booked a Staycation! Thanks to another poster on here (can't remember her CC name but you know who you are Jane), advising me of the NHS discounts MSC were offering, and the fact that MSC are taking children, I decided to bite the bullet. So, I've got an August 7 day cruise in a Suite, with a massive 35% discount for all 3 of us. I'm so thrilled and excited and the girls are already packed! 

I know I shouldn't be posting about MSC in the P&O area but you're my friends and I just wanted to let you know. Best wishes all. Jane. X

Well done Jane, we love MSC, their ships are stunning, and the ice cream is to die for.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Well done Jane, we love MSC, their ships are stunning, and the ice cream is to die for.

Thanks Phil. That's really good to hear. I know nothing about MSC so you have really made my day. The ship is Virtuosa and we all adore ice cream! Jane.x

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Well done Jane.

I hope you and your family have a fantastic time in the Suite on MSC.

I'm sure everyone is delighted for you as you certainly deserve the best for all the sterling work you do for others.

Graham x.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Well done Jane.

I hope you and your family have a fantastic time in the Suite on MSC.

I'm sure everyone is delighted for you as you certainly deserve the best for all the sterling work you do for others.

Graham x.

Thanks so much Graham. That's really kind of you. Jane.x

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Beckett said:

Fantastic news Jane. And, it’s not too long to wait.........

Gill x

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Angel57 said:

Fantastic news Jane. And, it’s not too long to wait.........

Gill x

Thanks Gill. I have to admit to being as excited as the girls but, and it's a big but........I have to go on an immediate and urgent diet! Best wishes. Jane.x

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Beckett said:

I'm glad you took the plunge,enjoy 😀

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Beckett said:

Well done Jane - I'm certain you will have a great time,  especially as you will not have to endure the cultural clash you normally find on MSC cruises! 

• Like 1

Thinking about doing a staycation this summer. Don't know whether to choose brittannia or regal princess. DH wants to try regal as we have never been on a princess ship. I am a bit concerned that regal will turn into a booze cruise. Any feedback will be most welcome.

1 minute ago, delgirl said:

Thinking about doing a staycation this summer. Don't know whether to choose brittannia or regal princess. DH wants to try regal as we have never been on a princess ship. I am a bit concerned that regal will turn into a booze cruise. Any feedback will be most welcome.

Why would you think that?

Princess is a more up market cruise line than P&O  (tin hat on!) so I see no reason why it should become a booze cruise,  given the more genteel clientele on board. 

PS I am being a little tongue in cheek here!

1 minute ago, wowzz said:

Princess is a more up market cruise line than P&O  (tin hat on!) so I see no reason why it should become a booze cruise,  given the more genteel clientele on board. 

Was only thinking that with the drinks/wi-fi/grats that you can pay for upfront. Some people will try and drink their body weight to get their monies worth.🤣🤣 Whereas I tend to go just for the food!!! I realise that most of the younger ones won't be onboard who tend to drink to oblivion (my youngest daughter is included in that remark, and she's 40!). Just not sure which ship I would prefer. Mostly said Cunard.

10 minutes ago, delgirl said:

Thinking about doing a staycation this summer. Don't know whether to choose Britannia or regal princess. DH wants to try regal as we have never been on a princess ship. I am a bit concerned that regal will turn into a booze cruise. Any feedback will be most welcome.

Why not do as we have done, booked both.

We were on Britannia Christmas / New Year 2019-2020 and loved it and we wanted to try Princess.

Just now, MX-Drew said:

Why not do as we have done, booked both.

We were on Britannia Christmas / New Year 2019-2020 and loved it and we wanted to try Princess.

Thought about that but don't think hubby will go for that. He only has 2 weeks hols and wants to do a city break to york in that time as well.

1 minute ago, wowzz said:

6 minutes ago, delgirl said:

I personally would choose Princess over P&O any day - superior food etc in our opinion !  We have booked a 3 day Sky Princess Staycation over the P&O ones 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, delgirl said:

Thought about that but don't think hubby will go for that. He only has 2 weeks hols and wants to do a city break to york in that time as well.

Ah there is your problem, in that case I would say go for Princess. Not sure what prices are like now but I thought they were reasonable to try a new cruise line that is in between Cunard (which we love) and P&O which we like but miss the formality of Cunard.

3 hours ago, Ardennais said:

Out of curiosity I’ve visited the App store to learn more about the NHS app. It says ‘Access to NHS services in England’, so there’s not much point downloading it!

Nope.  Who knows what we will get.  I am sure something will be announced in good time.. possibly post election