Finally

Well the wait is almost over (hopefully). We booked a Caribbean cruise out of Baltimore, 12 days on the Enchantment for mid Nov, and really at a reasonable rate. I really didn't think we'd be cruising this year and being from NY, no flying. 
We are stoked that we really feel this is going to happen.

Cheers

Len

• Like 5

Booking a cruise is a great therapy isn’t it?

I have the same feeling about a December cruise.

I do wish I could book flights as easy as a cruise.  Have a flight out of FLL with about 75 empty seats on it, yet can not use a companion ticket.  American Express directed me to call Delta, because they were to blame.  Delta says it’s all American Express blame.  All I know is you have plenty of open seats, each passes the blame, why can’t one use the benefit?  Why am I carrying the darn card if they restrict the benefit?

Still looking forward to the cruise.

Eddie

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Giantfan13 said:

Well the wait is almost over (hopefully). We booked a Caribbean cruise out of Baltimore, 12 days on the Enchantment for mid Nov, and really at a reasonable rate. I really didn't think we'd be cruising this year and being from NY, no flying. 

Cheers

Len

Just want to thank you for the picture of Y.A. Tittle, one of my favorite players of all time!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Giantfan13 said:

Cheers

Len

I hope the cruise takes place. If so that will be a very good sign. Enjoy it.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Giantfan13 said:

Cheers

Len

I hate to be a person to burst your bubble, but if it is for this Nov., I don't expect that it will go.  If we are cruising out of the US by then, I have a feeling it will be for shorter than 7 night cruises.

11 hours ago, Eddie Wilson said:

Booking a cruise is a great therapy isn’t it?

I have the same feeling about a December cruise.

I do wish I could book flights as easy as a cruise.  Have a flight out of FLL with about 75 empty seats on it, yet can not use a companion ticket.  American Express directed me to call Delta, because they were to blame.  Delta says it’s all American Express blame.  All I know is you have plenty of open seats, each passes the blame, why can’t one use the benefit?  Why am I carrying the darn card if they restrict the benefit?

Still looking forward to the cruise.

Eddie

Eddie,  Delta opens new seat options for companion tickets; so you may not find something one day and a week later, it may be available.  Also since you are traveling to FLL; if its the nonstop out of Cincy; that particular flight may not have companion tickets available; but going thru ATL may be a good option to snag the companion ticket.  Good luck

Thanks so much, I will use this info

Eddie

50 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

Eddie,  Delta opens new seat options for companion tickets; so you may not find something one day and a week later, it may be available.  Also since you are traveling to FLL; if its the nonstop out of Cincy; that particular flight may not have companion tickets available; but going thru ATL may be a good option to snag the companion ticket.  Good luck

Eddie,  I find that when using a companion ticket try to find flights from airport that have lots of flights per day.  I.E.  ATL to FLL.  I am using a companion ticket to LGA and DCA later this year.   Both destinations have lots of nonstops from Cincy;  so if the 7am is sold out I can look at booking the 9 or 11am non stops.  I hope this helps.  

15 hours ago, yogimax said:

Just want to thank you for the picture of Y.A. Tittle, one of my favorite players of all time!

Been a fan for about 70 years now and YA is still my favorite Giant of all time.

Cheers

Len

6 hours ago, LadyBerard said:

I hate to be a person to burst your bubble, but if it is for this Nov., I don't expect that it will go.  If we are cruising out of the US by then, I have a feeling it will be for shorter than 7 night cruises.

It is for this year, and I surely hope you are wrong.

We both have been vaccinated and just the idea that we could be cruising again gives us a happy feeling. Come on, we've got the start thinking positive. As more and more people get vaccinated, life will slowly return to a sort of normal. Cruise lines are gearing up and we  prefer to be very positive about this cruise.

Cheers

Len

• Like 3

23 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I have only been to one pro football game in my life and that was in 1951 to see the New York Giants play an exhibition game in Brooklyn.This is a bit of trivia.

Another bit of football trivia.In 1958 a friend of mine was the number one HS football player in the US.I did not know him then but met him about 10 years ago.Since I never followed HS football I never heard of him .He invited me to his house and showed me hundreds of newspaper stories about him.

Whenever I am on a cruise I wear my Born in Brooklyn tee shirt and many times I asked people if they after heard of my friend and most have.

• Like 1

I played drums in my High School Band.  At the time we were one of the largest high school bands in NJ.  We played at several half time shows for the NY giants when they played at Yankee Stadium.  This was 1968/69.  We also played the 1965 Worlds Fair at Flushing.  Those are some great memories.

• Like 2

On 3/23/2021 at 7:25 PM, lenquixote66 said:

Another bit of football trivia.In 1958 a friend of mine was the number one HS football player in the US.I did not know him then but met him about 10 years ago.Since I never followed HS football I never heard of him .He invited me to his house and showed me hundreds of newspaper stories about him.

Whenever I am on a cruise I wear my Born in Brooklyn tee shirt and many times I asked people if they after heard of my friend and most have.

Ha. I was born and bred in Eat New York Brooklyn (when it was safe to be there), graduated Thomas Jefferson HS, and my DW is a Bensonhurst product, by way of Lafayette HS. She was there about the same time Sandy Koufax was playing for Lafayette. 

Cheers

Len

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Giantfan13 said:

Ha. I was born and bred in Eat New York Brooklyn (when it was safe to be there), graduated Thomas Jefferson HS, and my DW is a Bensonhurst product, by way of Lafayette HS. She was there about the same time Sandy Koufax was playing for Lafayette. 

Cheers

Len

I knew a woman who was in the same graduating class from Lafayette as Koufax.What year did you graduate Jefferson ? I have friends,relatives and neighbors who graduated from the school.

I used to hang out in the Brownsville Boys Club.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Giantfan13 said:

Cheers

Len

My friend who was the number 1 high school football player in 1958 is a Jefferson graduate.He and I lived in Canarsie before moving to LI.

My wife and I lived there from 1967 to 2003.I recall reading a post in which you stated that you lived in Canarsie as well.

23 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

My friend who was the number 1 high school football player in 1958 is a Jefferson graduate.He and I lived in Canarsie before moving to LI.

My wife and I lived there from 1967 to 2003.I recall reading a post in which you stated that you lived in Canarsie as well.

I graduated HS in 1963, spent a few years bumming around, went into the service (Air Force) in 1966-1969, returned to Brooklyn, met my Darling wife in 1973, go married in 1974 and we lived in Canarsie from then to 1980, East 92 St and Ave L, around the corner from the Canarsie movie theater. From there to Queens and then to Long Island where we are now. Currently hate it here and we are looking to relocate, depending on where my son and grandchildren move to.

Cheers

Len

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Giantfan13 said:

I graduated HS in 1963, spent a few years bumming around, went into the service (Air Force) in 1966-1969, returned to Brooklyn, met my Darling wife in 1973, go married in 1974 and we lived in Canarsie from then to 1980, East 92 St and Ave L, around the corner from the Canarsie movie theater. From there to Queens and then to Long Island where we are now. Currently hate it here and we are looking to relocate, depending on where my son and grandchildren move to.

Cheers

Len

I know 3 people who graduated Jefferson in 1963.One of my closest friends graduated in 1964 but he was President of the alumni association and lived and worked in Canarsie for many years,Michael Mondschein.Did you know him.

We lived on E.91 St between M and N from 1967 to 1969.Then E.94 between N and Seaview from 1969 to 1983 then to E.104 from 1983 to 2003 then moved to LI.We know several people who live in West Hempstead.Prior to the pandemic we used to go to Wing Wan.

Which place of worship did you go to ? 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Giantfan13 said:

Cheers

Len

I grew up in Crown Heights and went to Wingate.I graduated in 1961.My wife went to Lincoln.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I know 3 people who graduated Jefferson in 1963.One of my closest friends graduated in 1964 but he was President of the alumni association and lived and worked in Canarsie for many years,Michael Mondschein.Did you know him.

We lived on E.91 St between M and N from 1967 to 1969.Then E.94 between N and Seaview from 1969 to 1983 then to E.104 from 1983 to 2003 then moved to LI.We know several people who live in West Hempstead.Prior to the pandemic we used to go to Wing Wan.

Which place of worship did you go to ? 

My DW grew up as a sort of Modern Orthodox Jew. She attends the Young Israel in the Yeshiva across from Wing Wong. In fact we live about 3 blocks from said restaurant. Myself, I attend any synagogue that I feel comfortable in. When my children were here with us, we were members of the JCC on Dogwood Ave, but I really hated the people who were sort of the overlords of that place and we left. 

The name you mentioned, if it is a different spelling, I known that name from somewhere. Very Familiar.

Where on LI do you currently live? If you want, you can email me at Giantfanlen@msn.com

Cheers

Len

6 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I grew up in Crown Heights and went to Wingate.I graduated in 1961.My wife went to Lincoln.

We were neighbors.

What time frame are we talking about?

Cheers

Len

Edited by Giantfan13