Celebrity Silhouette to sail from UK 2021

Ulsteinvik

20 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

Are they selling inside cabins now?

They are, but only guarantee cabins. The suspicion is that passengers who book insides or oceanviews will be allocated a balcony cabin. They are obviously trying to stimulate sales, with insides starting at £799 per passenger on some sailings, and the 0% single supplement. By doing it this way rather than reduce Balcony pricing, they are avoiding having to comply with any "Best Price Guarantee" that may have been part of existing bookings.

With reduced capacity, it's difficult to estimate how many cabins have actually been booked - but for the 3rd July sailing, all 8 sunset views on deck 7 and 6 out of 8 on deck 8 are showing as available. 

These are priced currently at £1029 per passenger. And with no single supplement it is severely tempting, but I'm waiting to see what how dining is arranged. If there is no table sharing, I don't fancy looking like Billy Nomates every night.

Edited by barbette165

24 minutes ago, barbette165 said:

They are, but only guarantee cabins. The suspicion is that passengers who book insides or oceanviews will be allocated a balcony cabin. They are obviously trying to stimulate sales, with insides starting at £799 per passenger on some sailings, and the 0% single supplement. By doing it this way rather than reduce Balcony pricing, they are avoiding having to comply with any "Best Price Guarantee" that may have been part of existing bookings.

With reduced capacity, it's difficult to estimate how many cabins have actually been booked - but for the 3rd July sailing, all 8 sunset views on deck 7 and 6 out of 8 on deck 8 are showing as available. 

These are priced currently at £1029 per passenger. And with no single supplement it is severely tempting, but I'm waiting to see what how dining is arranged. If there is no table sharing, I don't fancy looking like Billy Nomates every night.

Agreed the sales are not as they expected but I am not surprised.

In addition the latest saga on testing and only using SOTON as an embarkation port - IMO to be expected.

On 5/28/2021 at 3:49 PM, anniegb said:

For any solos interested, the penalty has been reduced to 0% on July sailings on cabins from inside to Aqua.

Thanks to reading this on here I called Celebrity this morning and got my cruise fare reduced by £1000.  So, thank you very much for the information.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, lovetoholiday said:

I am on the 9th July. Not 0% but pretty close.  All it took to get it reduced was a phone call.

Still showing 25% for me, which is the same as it has been for weeks.  Maybe I need to look at some other sites.

2 minutes ago, Sussex Cruiser said:

Still showing 25% for me, which is the same as it has been for weeks.  Maybe I need to look at some other sites.

I originally booked paying double and was delighted to get a substantial reduction. I really hate having to pay double just to be able to travel and stay in the cabin I want.  So to me any reduction is a great result, especially like this after full payment.

47 minutes ago, lovetoholiday said:

I originally booked paying double and was delighted to get a substantial reduction. I really hate having to pay double just to be able to travel and stay in the cabin I want.  So to me any reduction is a great result, especially like this after full payment.

Did you get a refund or obc? I was unable to get a refund after final payment only obc. Maybe I should try again. 

So new advice has appeared on the celebrity site ( I’ll try to attach). It appears that all adults ( who have been fully vaccinated of course) should get a PCR test between 72 and 24 hours before sailing (paid for by Celebrity), but under 18s only take an antigen test at the terminal. Seems a bit odd, unless I have misunderstood?323051F0-8E68-4837-AB11-4115357227EC.thumb.png.a1b283459f1e0f6f5599a621d395c22c.png

Just now, Spike11 said:

So new advice has appeared on the celebrity site ( I’ll try to attach). It appears that all adults ( who have been fully vaccinated of course) should get a PCR test between 72 and 24 hours before sailing (paid for by Celebrity), but under 18s only take an antigen test at the terminal. Seems a bit odd, unless I have misunderstood?323051F0-8E68-4837-AB11-4115357227EC.thumb.png.a1b283459f1e0f6f5599a621d395c22c.png

12 minutes ago, Bigjennifer said:

Thanks for the news. Celebrity are paying. Big question how do you get test done if you are leaving 2 days earlier.Traveling down from Scotland

I am going to be in a similar position, coming down from Scotland and apart from knowing I will be staying overnight in Southampton pre cruise, I haven’t yet decided whether to have a stop down en route as a long journey. Perhaps the decision will be taken out of my hands 🥲

1 hour ago, Bigjennifer said:

Thanks for the news. Celebrity are paying. Big question how do you get test done if you are leaving 2 days earlier.Traveling down from Scotland

Maybe you pass a test centre enroute as the result will either be sent direct to Celebrity (doubtful), texted or email to you.

That still shows that the only way to leave the ship is on a Celebrity Excursion. Hopefully that will change over the next few weeks. 

Just had another thought about the PCR requirements. Celebrity state all crew will be vaccinated, like the passengers. But as Celebrity seems to believe that vaccination is not enough to keep everyone safe, will they now be asking all crew to take PCR tests before each cruise too?? 🤔

Edited by laslomas

On 6/4/2021 at 6:14 PM, laslomas said:

That still shows that the only way to leave the ship is on a Celebrity Excursion. Hopefully that will change over the next few weeks. 

Just had another thought about the PCR requirements. Celebrity state all crew will be vaccinated, like the passengers. But as Celebrity seems to believe that vaccination is not enough to keep everyone safe, will they now be asking all crew to take PCR tests before each cruise too?? 🤔

Looking at some of the posts on Social media posted by Captain Kate in particular, the crew have to have a series of tests and go into quarantine when they join the ship.   I am not sure about before each cruise. 

1 hour ago, photabitha said:

Looking at some of the posts on Social media posted by Captain Kate in particular, the crew have to have a series of tests and go into quarantine when they join the ship.   I am not sure about before each cruise. 

I think the problem is losing our money. What if the results come back late or non inclusive. 

1 hour ago, delondin said:

I think the problem is losing our money. What if the results come back late or non inclusive. 

As I understand it, they refund us (as 100% FCC) if they deny us boarding because of a positive test or because of any failed screening measures at the embarkation port, for example.

So, I think it means WE can cancel without penalty at any point upto 48 hours before the cruise.  If they stop us going thereafter because of COVID (for example, +ve swab etc) then we still get a refund.

(That makes sense - it would be much of a cruise with confidence scheme if you were safe up to 48 hours before and then they could turn you away at the port, keep your money and say "Aha! GOTCHA!")

Edited by talljules1

Re the PCR tests.  Will the result from a test we have to do, weekly, suffice?  It will be done on Tuesday 29th June 2021.

Also, hi Barbette165 -  I will be travelling solo as well.  I was hoping to take my 11yr old but they have Celeb have said not possible.  Don't know why.  Am assuming they have reached capacity for children. So hubby and he remain at home! 

Hopefully there will be solo meet ups onboard.

5 hours ago, panamapd said:

Re the PCR tests.  Will the result from a test we have to do, weekly, suffice?  It will be done on Tuesday 29th June 2021.

On the website it says it has to be arranged by Celebrity through their preferred partners. I also thought it was 72 hours prior to sailing.

On 6/13/2021 at 6:28 PM, panamapd said:

Also, hi Barbette165 -  I will be travelling solo as well.  I was hoping to take my 11yr old but they have Celeb have said not possible.  Don't know why.  Am assuming they have reached capacity for children. So hubby and he remain at home! 

Hopefully there will be solo meet ups onboard.

That’s a shame ☹️  I can’t wait to be onboard though. First solo cruise for me. I’m sure it will be great. 

I think that she's on her way over, folks!

Courtesy of Marine Traffic:

Where is this vessel going to?
The vessel departed from PORT EVERGLADES, US on 2021-06-13 19:21 LT (UTC -4) and is currently sailing at 13.2 knots with Northeast direction heading to SOUTHAMPTON, GBwith reported Estimated Time of Arrival at 2021-06-28 02:00 LT (UTC -4) local time (in 11 days, 23 hours )

Can I just add a 'WOO-HOO'!! 🎉
Feels like these cruises (with whatever changes in itinerary 😉) may actually go ahead 🤞
  • Like 3