Celebrity Silhouette to sail from UK 2021

Ulsteinvik

2 minutes ago, debbieb5red said:

The only thing I was wondering was if our cruises had been cancelled because we had a child with us. Obviously as a child she would not be vaccinated. Just a thought.

No children with us and we are cancelled!

No children with us either so it's not that. My cancellation invoice has a £220 cancellation fee which would not be charged if Celebrity cancelled the cruise so that's why I hopeful it's an IT glitch. I'm sure all will become clear when they open at 9am. I expect their phone lines will be red hot. 

4 minutes ago, Spike11 said:

No children with us and we are cancelled!

According to someone on our 14 August roll call, this has happened because someone in US cancelled all Silhouette cruises. They should only have cancelled the cruises on the original programme to make way for the UK voyages. Celebrity is aware.

That someone is likely to be in trouble! Hopefully it gets resolved without all of us having to rebook.

10 minutes ago, Wichenford Wolf said:

According to someone on our 14 August roll call, this has happened because someone in US cancelled all Silhouette cruises. They should only have cancelled the cruises on the original programme to make way for the UK voyages. Celebrity is aware.

That someone is likely to be in trouble! Hopefully it gets resolved without all of us having to rebook.

I hope that is correct, but “wow” if it is. How on earth could that be allowed to happen?

48 minutes ago, Wichenford Wolf said:

Yes this is correct.  Not sure what the actual error was but we had the same and spoke to our contact at Celebrity.  It should have only been the original sailings but somehow some of the UK ones were cancelled in error.

We've had our reinstated but many haven't yet.  We called and got the reservation reinstated but lost our shore ex so they're trying to sort that out too.

Just got this back from Celebrity Cruises UK  Facebook page. Inconvenience! I nearly had a heart attack lol. So pleased for everyone on these cruises.

HI Debbie, Thank you for your message. No, it has not. We are aware of an IT glitch that has cancelled some bookings in error. We have identified the problem and are working on a fix as soon as possible. Apologies for any inconvenience caused. Thanks, Hugh

67263166_2807072462640637_8096104290302558208_n.png?_nc_cat=111&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=1eb0c7&_nc_ohc=GTDbGCXY1qkAX9bVimS&_nc_ad=z-m&_nc_cid=0&_nc_ht=scontent.xx&tp=30&oh=dfa7c1cff3b152e695fb641b982bd4ba&oe=60C870F3

I also got the cancellation email at midnight last night, as did my parents who are on the same sailing. 

Managed to get through to Celebrity this morning (on hold for an hour) and the cruise has now been reinstated. I was told that there is a team working on reinstating all the bookings for the UK cruises so you don't need to call up (unless you want to for peace of mind). 

My parents' booking had already been reinstated without them having to do anything, so if you sit tight you should receive a replacement booking invoice shortly.

• Like 1

My cruise consultant called me this morning from Celebrity and reinstated my booking. She said they are aware of the deposit situation but are working to resolve it and also reinstate any shore excursions etc on the bookings.

She confirmed that it was an error from someone the USA and about 100 bookings are affected.  

• Thanks 1

Well we’ve waited all day, and our cruise still hasn’t been restored by Celebrity. We’ve had no explanation of the problem and how they are going to solve it from Celebrity ( just what we have read on here). Would it have been that difficult to send a holding e-mail out - or even an apology. Very disappointed with Celebrity Cruises.

On 5/18/2021 at 9:58 AM, debbieb5red said:

HI Debbie, Thank you for your message. No, it has not. We are aware of an IT glitch that has cancelled some bookings in error. We have identified the problem and are working on a fix as soon as possible. Apologies for any inconvenience caused. Thanks, Hugh

Apparently, there are ‘Gremlins’ in the system, according to Jack, the FB spokesperson for CelebrityCruises.

I had been trying to book an excursion, which originally showed as sold out. Then it became available again. Jack said they are aware, but it may take some time to sort out. He asked me to send  the attachment, so they could see what the problem was.

86FCE19A-63D9-4650-886F-A3B085FD35E8.png

Edited by upwarduk

50 minutes ago, BigAl94 said:

Heard a rumour that sales on the UK cruises are very sluggish and may be under reconsideration, anyone heard anything?

No, and I had contact with my consultant at Celebrity only yesterday.  My OBC had been missed off the booking and when the new invoice came though, it gave details of free parking with ABP for new bookings made before the end of June.  I couldn't see any sign of that offer on the website.  I suspect there is big over-capacity in the UK market.  P&O (and others in the Carnival brand I think) are reportedly giving Blue light card discounts of 40-60% on their summer cruises, and who would have thought that John Bishop, he of previously filling large arenas, would be headlining on an MSC cruise?  It seems that inducements are upon us, so I would put money on nothing right now!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Esprit said:

I was notified of the free parking on Wednesday and booked it yesterday for our 31 July sailing.

That is worthwhile, £89.10 saved, including 10%discount on an 8 night cruise.

A pity we’ve not been informed.😱

We booked a cruise/park package yesterday.🙈

Edited by upwarduk

2 hours ago, BigAl94 said:

Heard a rumour that sales on the UK cruises are very sluggish and may be under reconsideration, anyone heard anything?

Not heard this but it makes some sense in the rapidly changing would of covid !!.

Could it come from the Alaska changes!!   

The theory is that since the Alaska bill has now passed and the season is likely to take place celebrity needs to move quickly to restart and get some cash in. As a mainly US line, sales are still strong and likely to be stronger then any other area given that it's now a totally US trip. 

The problem for celebrity is which ships to use. The original ships are Solstice (Anchored in Far East), Eclipse (also in the Far East) and Millennium (Just moved to St Martin). Dependent on sales it would be easy and quick to swop for Equinox (10 night cruises?), Reflection (Due in Europe?) and Summit (due Bermuda which RCCL has just cancelled?) which are all currently off Florida.

On 5/12/2021 at 11:55 AM, barbette165 said:

Another observation is that, at least for the cruise I checked, the solo supplement is only 25% rather than the normal 100%. Maybe they're realised that when sailing at reduced capacity, they can make more money (25% more in this case) by selling 2 cabins both for solo occupancy, than selling one cabin for two people and leaving the other one empty.

Hello,

I don't think CC are that smart, but I'm not complaining as I have booked two cruises B2B saving £1.7k - and double Captain's Club points too.

Regards,

Cublet

1 minute ago, Esprit said:

Hopefully the PCR test requirement will be dropped after 21 June🤞

Possibly but the sailings don’t start until July so don’t really see why they have published that now 🤷‍♀️. Though those not vaccinated (under 16/18?) will need the test I presume.

• Like 1