Celebrity Silhouette to sail from UK 2021

Ulsteinvik

9 hours ago, upwarduk said:

That is worthwhile, £89.10 saved, including 10%discount on an 8 night cruise.

A pity we’ve not been informed.😱

We booked a cruise/park package yesterday.🙈

Jackie

I cancelled our £89.10 booking and recieved as full refund....ten minutes latter rebooked using the lingk from Celebritys website and the code CELEBRITY and rebooked for £0.00

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, groryjm said:

Jackie

I cancelled our £89.10 booking and recieved as full refund....ten minutes latter rebooked using the lingk from Celebritys website and the code CELEBRITY and rebooked for £0.00

Oooh v. Good! 👏
I’m in the same situation - did you cancel on line or by phone?

9 hours ago, Spearj said:

Oooh v. Good! 👏
I’m in the same situation - did you cancel on line or by phone?

I did it all on line. Be careful though and if needed you may need to delete cookies etc. The abp system won't allow two bookings for the same reg on the same cruise

Whew! Took some serious faffing about, but managed it in the end!

I checked that there was still availability without the promo code to start off with (‘cause you never know 😉

Then cancelled and got the refund - all good so far.

But it wouldn’t let me rebook, even after I’d cleared all the cookies etc.

After about 10mins of trying it eventually took, but I was in a bit of a panic about not being able to have any parking 😅

23 hours ago, BigAl94 said:

Heard a rumour that sales on the UK cruises are very sluggish and may be under reconsideration, anyone heard anything?

Hello,

I think the massive 'Solo's discount' and free parking shows bookings are slow, but with the  'Always Included' options already in play there isn't much more X can do apart from OBC.

Regards,

Cublet

2 minutes ago, cublet said:

Hello,

I think the massive 'Solo's discount' and free parking shows bookings are slow, but with the  'Always Included' options already in play there isn't much more X can do apart from OBC.

Regards,

Cublet

Bit frustrated that those of us who booked early missed out on the freebies, and by not lowering the pricing we can't claim under the lowest price guarantee

13 hours ago, downsmead said:

Thank you, only booked yesterday but don’t think any of my documentation mentioned this.

I stumbled across it when researching. We were at the point of booking but this has put me off as it is nearly impossible timing wise to get a test within 72 hours and travel to Southampton as the results take up to 48 to get. It’s fine for those who can drive to Soton on the day but we usually split the journey.

I understand their need for caution with covid however.

25 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

it is nearly impossible timing wise to get a test within 72 hours and travel to Southampton as the results take up to 48 to get.

I have sent a message to CelebrityCruises regarding your above point:

I’m concerned that you now need a PCR test, as well as Adults being fully vaccinated. I thought PCR tests were for unvaccinated minors.  If positive, we would not be able to cancel under the 48 hour Cruise with Confidence arrangements. 

I will update when I get a reply.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, upwarduk said:

I have sent a message to CelebrityCruises regarding your above point:

I’m concerned that you now need a PCR test, as well as Adults being fully vaccinated. I thought PCR tests were for unvaccinated minors.  If positive, we would not be able to cancel under the 48 hour Cruise with Confidence arrangements. 

I will update when I get a reply.

I have contacted them as well. We were just about to make the booking when I came across this requirement.

I have done some more research and a rapid PCR test (24 hours)  is available but only in large urban areas or airports - it is also double the price so nearly £400 for 2 people depending on the company you use. There is only the 48 hour version available near me which with a 72 hour requirement is useless.

I am hoping it is a mistake as previously it was only required for minors as you say and according to what I had looked at. If however it is correct it is going to cause lots of people lots of hassle and expense.

I’ll let you know if they get back to me too.

1 hour ago, Eglesbrech said:

I have contacted them as well. We were just about to make the booking when I came across this requirement.

I have done some more research and a rapid PCR test (24 hours)  is available but only in large urban areas or airports - it is also double the price so nearly £400 for 2 people depending on the company you use. There is only the 48 hour version available near me which with a 72 hour requirement is useless.

I am hoping it is a mistake as previously it was only required for minors as you say and according to what I had looked at. If however it is correct it is going to cause lots of people lots of hassle and expense.

I’ll let you know if they get back to me too.

I see it when I click on the link but am unable to find it on the website when I log in 🤷‍♀️

12 minutes ago, downsmead said:

I see it when I click on the link but am unable to find it on the website when I log in 🤷‍♀️

If it is a change you would think that they would have to let those booked already know.

let’s hope it is an error then I can book 😀

I haven’t read all of this thread so apologies if this has already been raised, just to let you know there is a 30%discount for Blue Light card holders, so NHS or Military there’s a beaut  of a saving.

Just had this from the CelebrityCruises FB rep:

Hi Jackie

“The information on the website has been updated in error and I have fed this back. We have not yet confirmed the testing requirements for Adults over the age of 18 on our UK sailings.

Additional testing and protocols will be confirmed nearer to the point of sailing in line with the most up to date recommendations of the UK government and our Healthy Sail Panel. “

I had a sleepless night for nothing!

• Like 2

So the Channel Islands residents ( not a single covid case for weeks and no restrictions here at all.... no masks, all pubs and restaurants open...so possibly the safest place in the world at the moment ) are prohibited from booking? 🤷‍♀️

Only residents of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland are permitted to sail at this time. 

1 hour ago, upwarduk said:

Hi Jackie

“The information on the website has been updated in error and I have fed this back. We have not yet confirmed the testing requirements for Adults over the age of 18 on our UK sailings.

Additional testing and protocols will be confirmed nearer to the point of sailing in line with the most up to date recommendations of the UK government and our Healthy Sail Panel. “

How can they keep making serious mistakes. These are deal breakers 

1 hour ago, upwarduk said:

Hi Jackie

But we could still require a PCR test and won't know until after we have booked?This could be an unexpected expense!

I am a US resident who is hoping the U.K. sailings of Silhouette in June - Sept go very well indeed.  I am just catching up on this thread and the glitches some of you have experienced, this must be so frustrating! I appreciate the candor about the likelihood of non-U.K. residents (fully vaccinated) being able to cruise later this year from many of you.  We booked the Iceland-Ireland cruise for Silhouette on Sept 4th and hope to spend a week in London prior to sailing.  We are crossing our fingers that reopening plans will continue and wishing you so much more that safety and health! I am closely watching vaccination rates in U.K. and Ireland but so much is unknown. We have previously booked a similar cruise twice so far, so we are getting used to disappointing cancellations.  May you all enjoy happy and safe sailings!  

• Like 3

12 hours ago, scobie15 said:

But we could still require a PCR test and won't know until after we have booked?This could be an unexpected expense!

That is what I was thinking as well. Publishing the page may have beeen an error but someone had to prepare it in the first place. They must have had a reason to do so.

It can’t be a U.K. gov requirement as none of the other lines are demanding it, in fact some are not even requiring vaccination.

18 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

That is what I was thinking as well. Publishing the page may have beeen an error but someone had to prepare it in the first place. They must have had a reason to do so.

It can’t be a U.K. gov requirement as none of the other lines are demanding it, in fact some are not even requiring vaccination.

Hello,

I spent a day effing and blinding about X as I was doing a sort of B2B with MSC Virtuosa to 17th July and then 17th July on Silhouette and so impossible to get a PCR test 72 hours prior to boarding it.

Grrrrr.

Regards,

Cublet

We booked and paid final balance a few days before the discount and freebies were announced. Now got a large amount of obc but as we had already purchased shore excursions and elevate package we will have no use for it. Does anyone know how to cash this once on board or could we buy fcc to help pay for next summers cruise. 

5 minutes ago, madmedic said:

We booked and paid final balance a few days before the discount and freebies were announced. Now got a large amount of obc but as we had already purchased shore excursions and elevate package we will have no use for it. Does anyone know how to cash this once on board or could we buy fcc to help pay for next summers cruise. 

You could cancel the elevate package and then book it once on board. Unlike excursions there is no risk that it will be oversubscribed - though I guess the price might change.

FYI, re Covid testing prior to departure. I have just returned from a business trip and had to have a negative Covid test within 48 of departure to Italy and within 72 hours of my return to the UK. I used a company called Querd, and it was done by video call and you upload your results using your phone. £36 each test and received a fit to fly certificate within an hour of taking the test. Extreamly convenient 🙂

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, madmedic said:

We also booked and paid before the freebies were announced, were you able to claim them fron Celebrity, if you did how?