An Opportunity to be Heard

Tippyton

I just saw another post on this that beat mine by a few minutes! I used the CLIA site, but did not use the boilerplate they provided. Here is what I said: (You are free to copy and use.)

I am asking that the CDC/Biden Administration drop the conditional sail order and allow cruising to start in the U.S. The order is obsolete. We now have vaccines and protocols. Multiple ships are cruising other places in the world without spread of the Covid-19 virus. The data is there that cruising can be done safely.

Is there any other industry in the U.S. that you prevent from doing business this way? Your continued prohibition of cruise industry operation is discriminatory, and is costing billions of dollars in losses to not only the cruise companies but to their workers, suppliers, and cruise port workers of every kind. It's also crippling to companies and individuals who provide tours and services in cruise ports.

The President has said we, as a nation, should be back to nearly normal by July. Why can't cruising resume in July? This process has gone on long enough. It's time to get off the hump and allow what science and data show is viable. The CDC made the call to halt cruising. The CDC can, and SHOULD, reverse that call NOW.

Thank you.

Edited by jhannah
  • Like 5