Goodbye Royal Caribbean

I sometimes feel this way about a company if I get bad service but just don't use them again if I feel that strongly, When I read this I remember the phrase from one of these boards 'This ain't an airport so you don't need to announce your departure' 😀

• Like 8
  • Haha 3

On 4/6/2021 at 3:13 PM, lovescats5 said:

Have had RCI cancel Allure out of Galveston way back when, got the same price for Symphony (an A1 so really scored).  Had RCI cancel Odyssey (cried for 2 days) before final payment, got Allure A1 at a steal in replacement.  Allure cancelled before final payment.  Quantum was cancelled before final payment for our Alaska cruise in 2021.  I have to say we have not had the problems many of you seem to have and yet all the other lines have the same issues.  Now our only problem is the stupid vaccines as I am not ready to take the step to have them put a needle in my arm when they cannot tell me what the side effects might be.  Guess I am trying to say that the cruise lines are doing the best they can with a CDC that has no clue about what is going on.  

CDC and FDA know what is going on BTW.  People are still getting sick and dying and some people fully vaccinated seem to still be susceptible to some of the Covid "variant" strains.  I would bet you would be one of the first whiners when YOUR cruise had to return to port when a Covid case was confirmed on YOUR cruise.

YOU wourl blame the CDC again I would also bet on.

• Like 1

On 4/6/2021 at 3:13 PM, lovescats5 said:

.......Now our only problem is the stupid vaccines as I am not ready to take the step to have them put a needle in my arm when they cannot tell me what the side effects might be....

Sometimes side effects if any might not show up for several years so it could be a long wait. 🛳

• Like 1

I had Odyssey booked for July 2021. I checked all the time and got it down from $6000 to $3200. When they cancelled it my husband convinced me to lift and shift to Alaska so I did. But now we have changed our mind back to Greece and the new booking is $6300 for July 2022. So that was on me that I screwed up our lift and shift but now I dont know if the prices will go back down. I doubt they will as I think they were because of all of the covid cancellations and now I think people are ready to sail again. The price has gone up $500 just from me booking it last week! Live and learn I guess and back to checking it daily.

We received an email on the 13th from Fri announcing a 7 night Mexico out of Los Angeles this November 19. Emailed my TA that night to reserve junior suite and when I woke up the next morning, I was confirmed! In exactly one week, that cruise went from $3300 to $5500 (+ $2200!). Demand is certainly high. I am so hopeful it will sail. 

• Like 1

Just now, Wink87 said:

We received an email on the 13th from Fri announcing a 7 night Mexico out of Los Angeles this November 19. Emailed my TA that night to reserve junior suite and when I woke up the next morning, I was confirmed! In exactly one week, that cruise went from $3300 to $5500 (+ $2200!). Demand is certainly high. I am so hopeful it will sail. 

Oops...not "Fri"... RCI

On 4/6/2021 at 10:43 AM, dswallow said:

Every time I've seen a new ship appear, the prices have been high -- noticeably higher than older ships. So I can understand that somewhat -- people want the newest and are willing to pay for it.

Part of the price issue for new ships is that every cruise line is trying to one-up the other.  Big bucks for the suspended rope courses, multi level slides, surf machines, laser tag, race cars, bicycles in the sky, lounges that elevate from sea level to Lido deck.

Edited by mpk

On 4/9/2021 at 6:17 AM, sparks1093 said:

The bashing is regrettable and yes, waiting for your money is a real PITA, but the fact remains that Royal isn't the only one that is doing this, I've seen similar complaints on NCL's and CCL's boards. So all we have is customer roulette, where customers swear off one company and book with another. That's fine as far as it goes, but I wouldn't make the switch with any expectation that the outcome with the new cruise line would be significantly different then with the old one.

Everyone says "I'm not sailing with so-and-so because they treated their customers so poorly". I always reply and  challenge them to find a cruise line that has done any better. People are even complaining about the high-end lines. If you avoid the lines that customers say have treated them poorly, you won't have any cruise lines left to book.

Edited by MisterBill99

On 4/20/2021 at 6:44 PM, firstsailor said:

I had Odyssey booked for July 2021. I checked all the time and got it down from $6000 to $3200. When they cancelled it my husband convinced me to lift and shift to Alaska so I did. But now we have changed our mind back to Greece and the new booking is $6300 for July 2022. So that was on me that I screwed up our lift and shift but now I dont know if the prices will go back down. I doubt they will as I think they were because of all of the covid cancellations and now I think people are ready to sail again. The price has gone up $500 just from me booking it last week! Live and learn I guess and back to checking it daily.

So go to Alaska! And then go to Greece the following year. There are plenty of places to see and enjoy. :classic_biggrin: Unfortunately, we will probably run out before the places we want to visit do. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

Has anybody ever considered that RCC is only booking many of these cruises to a 50% capacity?

If they go much over this level and the CDC restricts capacity then some bookings will have to be transferred or canceled (this would really be a mess and a PR nightmare). Therefore, I can see where the fares are rising in many of sailings so the early cruises are turning a profit.

17 minutes ago, Empehi said:

Has anybody ever considered that RCC is only booking many of these cruises to a 50% capacity?

If they go much over this level and the CDC restricts capacity then some bookings will have to be transferred or canceled (this would really be a mess and a PR nightmare). Therefore, I can see where the fares are rising in many of sailings so the early cruises are turning a profit.

Yes that and tons of people have credits to use so everyone is booking with that taking up and available cabins. Between low supply and big demand to use credits prices go up.

On 4/21/2021 at 2:44 AM, firstsailor said:

How do you get the price down after booking?