Anyone pre-registering ready to book late 2022/early 2023?

Guest ccpm

The P&O confirmatory emails have arrived in abundance. They highlight that either "Paul" at P&O who was just "finishing his training" didn't quite give me all the details or I had a nap during our conversation. So instead of Ventura (not doing the type of cruise I wanted in Dec i.e.round the med/Canary isles) he has pre-registered me on Arvias maiden instead, no wonder the balcony seemed a bit pricy but if it goes through I will take it, never done a maiden voyage before. Then the Caribbean plus sail back is for Britannia - don't mind that either. I really hope they are confirmed fingers crossed for release day.

Reading the PO broucher and supplementary leaflet for past passengers, the closest I can see to a commitment to secure your cruise by PO by pre registering is in leaflet and among other comments it says  " Register your interest and secure your holiday before they even go on sale " and  "you can have first pick of our fleet and new itineraries by registering your interest and securing your holiday "

I read this as a firm commitment by PO and even the top tier clients will play second fiddle if they don't bother to pre register.

8 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

Reading the PO broucher and supplementary leaflet for past passengers, the closest I can see to a commitment to secure your cruise by PO by pre registering is in leaflet and among other comments it says  " Register your interest and secure your holiday before they even go on sale " and  "you can have first pick of our fleet and new itineraries by registering your interest and securing your holiday "

I read this as a firm commitment by PO and even the top tier clients will play second fiddle if they don't bother to pre register.

If some of the cabin grades are now not allowing you to book one as a pre registration because they are fully subscribed, as some have indicated, then it does appear that they might be operating on a first come.....basis.

Personally I doubt it, if a top Ligurian tier customer decides to do a late pre registration, then I would be very surprised if he was told "sorry they have all gone".  Of course I was wrong once, but its so far in the past no can remember.😉

Edited by terrierjohn

5 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

Pete

I am not doubting you.  You have set it out so clearly it sounds eminently correct.

Do you have a source though?  Is there something in the promotional blurb, or has someone from P&O confirmed this to you?

I was told this by a member of P&O staff who I spoke to last week, initially for another reason. I have no reason to doubt that it is true. He couldn’t tell me the proportion of cabins available for pre registration because it varies.

11 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

I have read on another site that a customer received 10% past passenger discount and 5% club tier discount. My agent hasn't offered both, anyone else received both ?

Are you sure it's not a peninsular cruise that they've booked? They offer an extra 5% discount. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

I have read on another site that a customer received 10% past passenger discount and 5% club tier discount. My agent hasn't offered both, anyone else received both ?

Hello,

I would assume it is on a "Peninsular club cruise" where there is an additional 5% discount off the select fare for Peninsular club members.  Some cruises are marked as "Peninsular club cruise"

• Like 1

I see on pre registration you can pick either Early Saver or Select. You are guaranteed to get the grade of cabin when you have paid the 5% deposit as stated in the P&O blurb.

P&O allocate the cabin number but if you have booked Select presumably you can change that to any available cabin in that grade. However if you book Early Saver presumably you have to accept what's allocated?

3 hours ago, bobstheboy said:

The prices on their website are after the 5% discount (available to anyone for early booking) has been applied.  Peninsular Club members get an additional -5% and if it is a Peninsular cruise, you get a further -5%.

On 4/9/2021 at 7:52 PM, pete14 said:

I was told this by a member of P&O staff who I spoke to last week, initially for another reason. I have no reason to doubt that it is true. He couldn’t tell me the proportion of cabins available for pre registration because it varies.

Someone posted (a couple of days ago) that he had been told by P&O that 50% of the cabins are available for pre-registration, but that % could increase if a cruise is very popular.

Possibly means the higher tier Peninsular members have a good chance of booking a popular cruise with an agent, and getting their preferred location, but not necessarily the case for the rest of us.  Just my thoughts there, but for cruises where suites have sold out quickly, they may not have enough for all higher tiered members asking for them, as there are not a lot of suites from what I can see.  As someone has said, it will be very interesting seeing what happens when the cruises go on sale.

3 hours ago, jake 26 said:

I see on pre registration you can pick either Early Saver or Select. You are guaranteed to get the grade of cabin when you have paid the 5% deposit as stated in the P&O blurb.

P&O allocate the cabin number but if you have booked Select presumably you can change that to any available cabin in that grade. However if you book Early Saver presumably you have to accept what's allocated?

That is correct.

On 4/9/2021 at 5:10 PM, terrierjohn said:

If some of the cabin grades are now not allowing you to book one as a pre registration because they are fully subscribed, as some have indicated, then it does appear that they might be operating on a first come.....basis.

Personally I doubt it, if a top Ligurian tier customer decides to do a late pre registration, then I would be very surprised if he was told "sorry they have all gone".  Of course I was wrong once, but its so far in the past no can remember.😉

If cabin grades are shown as sold out on line in pre registration then you can't access the process. So it doesn't matter what loyalty tier you are in.

I'm in the higher tiers and have pre registered for suites on 2 cruises. The only advantage I might gain is I may possibly be advised of my cabin number when the cruises go on sale to the higher tiers, which is obviously before general sale, in which case I may be able to change it then.

I don't think for one moment that if I rang them wanting to pre register for cabins that are shown as sold out I would be allowed to.

We had considered pre registering for Christmas/New Year cruise on Arvia but have kicked that idea into touch so now we are looking at Iona in March. We should be lucky enough to get the cabin that we would like as we always give TA 5-6 that we would be happy to book and with being higher tier member of Peninsular Club that has its advantages.

1 hour ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

We are looking at Azura around the canary islands Oct 22 during school holidays, including flights. Will prob pre reg this weekend. 

You may be too late if you have specific cabins in mind.  

Just to clarify how pre-registration works for TA’s as compared with P&O.

For each grade on each ship P&O agree with the TA’s how many cabins they can each sell. Say for example 50/50.

They then take their pre-registrations. 
For cabin type ‘X’ there are 20 available 10 for all TA’s 10 for the company. The company will take up to 10 bookings. When they are up to that number they put up the full notice.

TA’s take their bookings but cannot guarantee that they will get a cabin.

on the morning of the bookings opening TA’s have a period of time to claim  one of the cabins allocated to all TA’s. They can book specific cabins. When the bookings reach 10 the computer says full. At this point the company comes in and books there allocation. So booking with P&O guarantees a booking but not a cabin. Now for the vast majority of bookings it does not matter as there are plenty of cruises/cabins. 
Problems come with maiden voyages, Christmas/New Year cruises or one off cruises. Also suites/adapted cabins.

Clearly if you are in a high tier you are in a much better position.

Gan Canny 

Dai

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, daiB said:

For each grade on each ship P&O agree with the TA’s how many cabins they can each sell. Say for example 50/50.

For cabin type ‘X’ there are 20 available 10 for all TA’s 10 for the company. The company will take up to 10 bookings. When they are up to that number they put up the full notice.

on the morning of the bookings opening TA’s have a period of time to claim  one of the cabins allocated to all TA’s. They can book specific cabins. When the bookings reach 10 the computer says full. At this point the company comes in and books there allocation. So booking with P&O guarantees a booking but not a cabin. Now for the vast majority of bookings it does not matter as there are plenty of cruises/cabins. 
Problems come with maiden voyages, Christmas/New Year cruises or one off cruises. Also suites/adapted cabins.

Gan Canny 

Dai

Thanks Dai - an excellent explanation,  that has answered  a lot of questions.  

18 hours ago, daiB said:

Gan Canny 

Dai

Great to hear from you Dai. Hope you are keeping fit and well. Just got confirmation of Arvia Maiden voyage. Really pleased as we had book original Iona Maiden. Long way away but nice to have something to look forward to. Cheers!

13 minutes ago, Balernocalling said:

Great to hear from you Dai. Hope you are keeping fit and well. Just got confirmation of Arvia Maiden voyage. Really pleased as we had book original Iona Maiden. Long way away but nice to have something to look forward to. Cheers!

Ditto