NCL Haven Bar / Lounge Cocktail Prices

Phil265

Hi everyone! I am planning a cruise on Norwegian Encore in 2022. I am thinking about booking Haven.

One thing I was wondering about was how much those amazing special cocktails at the Haven Bar/Lounge would cost? They don‘t just make the regular cocktails that are offered in all the other bars around the ship but also really extravagant ones that I haven‘t found in any of the regular bar menues yet. Something like the „smoky old fashioned“ that is made with real smoke and everything! Are those drinks covered by one of the beverage packages? 

2 hours ago, Phil265 said:

Hi everyone! I am planning a cruise on Norwegian Encore in 2022. I am thinking about booking Haven.

One thing I was wondering about was how much those amazing special cocktails at the Haven Bar/Lounge would cost? They don‘t just make the regular cocktails that are offered in all the other bars around the ship but also really extravagant ones that I haven‘t found in any of the regular bar menues yet. Something like the „smoky old fashioned“ that is made with real smoke and everything! Are those drinks covered by one of the beverage packages? 

Yes, they are covered by the beverage package.

4 hours ago, Trimone said:

I’m so glad not being on your cruise, nothing winds me up more than a bartender making a 5-6 minute cocktail when I’m waiting for a quick beer.

Too bad that other than the haven bar there aren‘t like 50 other places to get that quick beer on a cruise ship. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Trimone said:

I’m so glad not being on your cruise, nothing winds me up more than a bartender making a 5-6 minute cocktail when I’m waiting for a quick beer.

If you’re using the Haven bar to get a quick beer, I suggest you miss the point of taking advantage of Haven amenities, which in fact you handsomely pay for.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, gmbhardy said:

If you’re using the Haven bar to get a quick beer, I suggest you miss the point of taking advantage of Haven amenities, which in fact you handsomely pay for.

So you’re saying that anyone that likes a beer doesn’t deserve Haven Life?

Sorry I use the Haven and I enjoy a beer before dinner. I also don’t want to miss shows when someone is pricing around for people that want to photograph cocktails instead of drinking them. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Trimone said:

Sorry I use the Haven and I enjoy a beer before dinner. I also don’t want to miss shows when someone is pricing around for people that want to photograph cocktails instead of drinking them. 

I enjoy my beer too, but I don’t get upset if someone orders a fancy drink ahead of me. Chill out man, life is short.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Trimone said:

Noone said that. It is just not the smartest idea then to go to a bar that is known and very much appreciated  for its delicately made cocktails when I just want to grab a beer and then complain about the long wait. Besides I am pretty sure there is more than one bartender during busy hours.  

• Like 1

This post is driving me to drink and I havent had a drink since September. 

Do they happen to have my favorite Champegne in the Haven? It's 2017 Andre- sometimes I can get it stateside for $2.99 a bottle but it seemed to go up to $4.29 from what I am told.

In reading all the other posts today- do they allow kids in the haven? Or is it only for rich fancy people.

6 minutes ago, HowardK said:

Do they happen to have my favorite Champegne in the Haven? It's 2017 Andre- sometimes I can get it stateside for $2.99 a bottle but it seemed to go up to $4.29 from what I am told.

In reading all the other posts today- do they allow kids in the haven? Or is it only for rich fancy people.

Last time we cruised it was in the Haven. There were plenty of scruffy people in there, including myself.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, vpearlkc said:

Last time we cruised it was in the Haven. There were plenty of scruffy people in there, including myself.

6 hours ago, HowardK said:

of course they allow kids in the haven. they allow anyone who can afford the tab. i read some posts inthis forum where people are complaining the kids run wild in the haven pool area.

why would you think they offer family suites.

also remember  you and whoever is in your party can bring on a bottle of wine or champagne, so try and score the andre before you leave home

12 hours ago, HowardK said:

You can't get Champagne for $2.99, or $4.29, anywhere! 

When we were on the Epic, we took full advantage of the Haven bar area every day/night. During the day the one near the pool was open, only 1 bartender but he was good. If he was making something slushy for me in the blender and he saw a regular come up, he would just grab their beer for them and my longer cocktail would just wait an extra 20 seconds while he took care of the fast patron. They're in the Haven for a reason, they know how to multi-task and accommodate a quick beer opening mid cocktail shaking if needed.

At night it was the bar in the Haven lounge area, and again just 1 bartender. But he was awesome. Learned everyone's favorites, so as we all pulled up for a seat he would just nod and ask "the usual?" and start off getting what we wanted. Never waited more than 2 minutes for service, regardless of how fancy (or non) we asked our drinks to be.

I never paid extra for a drink and we had the 'regular' drink package. They do limit the creativity a bit on NCL, regardless of Haven or not. You just need to find the right bartender and not ask for anything crazy. If they have the supplies on hand to make you want you want, most of them will make it for you. I discovered a cherry lemon drop at one bar on the POA (lemon drop with maraschino cherry juice added in) when someone else asked for it, but could only get the martini bar on the Epic to make it for me. With the Haven bartender, I simply told him what I wanted him to mix (as opposed to asking for the drink by name) and he mixed it up together and was able to make me anything I wanted without breaking his own rules he had to follow.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, HowardK said:

Based on this thread,  they not only allow children into the Haven but they let them drink at the bar!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

On 4/18/2021 at 12:20 PM, sverigecruiser said:

Some kind of cheap sparkling wine, yes, but Champagne, no! 

By international convention, California producers like Andre are allowed to call their sparkling wine Champagne.

19 minutes ago, CruiserRob said:

By international convention, California producers like Andre are allowed to call their sparkling wine Champagne.

What conventions are you talking about?

Champagne must be produced in Champagne, with the "correct" grapes and with the "correct" method. 

Californian Champagne is not a possibility! 

2 minutes ago, sverigecruiser said:

What conventions are you talking about?

Champagne must be produced in Champagne, with the "correct" grapes and with the "correct" method. 

Californian Champagne is not a possibility! 

California producers have been calling their sparkling wines Champagne for more than a Century.  When France and the USA finally signed a treaty on this anyone using the word Champagne prior to 2006 was allowed to continue to do so.

Is is real Champagne - by most definitions no.  Is it allowed to be called Campagne - Yes.

• Like 1