Please, just require passengers to be vaccinated so we can get back to sea.

djjoe

1 minute ago, lenquixote66 said:

No,not a fact of life,merely a theory in my opinion .Obviously you have a different opinion .

It is a medical fact that a body starts aging immediately, that is science not a theory.  But you keep drinkin that kool aid, no skin off my nose.

Edited by BecciBoo

2 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

It is a medical fact that a body starts aging immediately, that is science not a theory.  But you keep drinkin that kool aid, no skin off my nose.

Again that is your theory .If you do not like the word theory then it is your perception. You tend to use many cliches in your posts .I wonder if you are old enough to know where the kool aid reference comes from ? 
I am in my 9th.decade of life.

Again that is your theory .If you do not like the word theory then it is your perception. You tend to use many cliches in your posts .I wonder if you are old enough to know where the kool aid reference comes from ? 
I am in my 9th.decade of life.

Well it's not a race but you beat me out, you are closer to death than I (maybe)  I'm only on my 7th decade and I do know exactly where it came from Jim Jones,

Just now, MacMarauder said:

I think if theology or philosophic views on life are being brought into a thread on Cruise Critic it went even more off the rails than normal lol

A lot of subjects that are now permissible on CC were not prior to the Pandemic.People are not cruising .They cannot come on a cruise board and discuss their recent cruises.Internet cruise boards are closing.

2 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

Most lawsuits are settled before they even go to trial through mediation / arbitration which is a negotiating process from what I understand. 

I highly doubt that the State of Florida is bound by any arbitration agreement with the federal government. If the state wanted to negotiate it could have done so on its own. If the state tried that and failed because the CDC refused to cooperate, then this lawsuit makes a little more sense but it still seems like a last ditch approach to me.

• Like 1

A lot of subjects that are now permissible on CC were not prior to the Pandemic.People are not cruising .They cannot come on a cruise board and discuss their recent cruises.Internet cruise boards are closing.

Oh I agree it's fair game, I just find it amusing how far off the original subject things can get sometimes!

• Like 1

Just now, BecciBoo said:

Well it's not a race but you beat me out, you are closer to death than I (maybe)  I'm only on my 7th decade and I do know exactly where it came from Jim Jones,

People die at all ages. I had a nephew who died 3 years ago at age 42 from a brain tumor.

2 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

People die at all ages. I had a nephew who died 3 years ago at age 42 from a brain tumor.

Yep, that's what I said originally, some die sooner than others but we are all on the same journey.  Now I'm done with this, we're upsetting the natives.

Edited by BecciBoo

11 minutes ago, Pratique said:

I highly doubt that the State of Florida is bound by any arbitration agreement with the federal government. If the state wanted to negotiate it could have done so on its own. If the state tried that and failed because the CDC refused to cooperate, then this lawsuit makes a little more sense but it still seems like a last ditch approach to me.

I believe they did try the nice way at the beginning, to no avail.  Doubtful it will reach the courts by November when the CSO expires.  If the CSO is not extended then the lawsuit dies on the vine. 

Edited:  wait I just saw that On April 22, Florida filed a motion in a district court in Tampa, asking for an immediate injunction that would rescind the CDC’s current orders. Florida’s argument is that the lawsuit is “likely to succeed on the merits of the case,” and it is therefore entitled to the injunction due to “irreparable harm and hardships” created by the CDC’s actions.

Edited by livingonthebeach

On 4/25/2021 at 1:18 PM, broberts said:

Pure fantasy. What I said was that COVID-19 and the world wide health emergency is holding up the resumption of US cruising.

Just not in other countries who have figured it out. The most advanced country is not quite there, but a third world port like Jamaica will host cruising come this summer. 

That is pure fantasy. 

Covid is a reality that we can deal with (hopefully smartly), or stay in the closet and worry about all the what if’s. 

Frankly I personally don’t care either way at this point. I love cruising but I have been to multiple destinations recently and I have been able to relax and enjoy. The ships can rust and wait - it won’t slow me down.  

26 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

BTW, I am a born again Christian.

Actually, the more accurate translation is probably "born from above."  Nicodemus probably misunderstands the double entendre, leading to his confusion and causing many today to inaccurately understand what was really being said.  

1 hour ago, yogimax said:

That may be true for personal injury lawsuits.

But here we are talking public policy and public health.

Apples and oranges.

Right. Arbitration and mediation are intended to be alternatives to lawsuits. 

53 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

You know what?  We people who comply with the mask rules are sick of dealing with people like you who don't comply with them and walk around with a look of smugness and disdain on your faces.  The only people who have been hurt or killed are people who have challenged maskless people who have become belligerent or violent.  

Got some really bad news for folks like you.  If there is a mask requirement for cruising, and there likely will be for some time to come, you will not be able to stomp around shouting about your personal freedom and liberty.  Won't be tolerated and you'll find yourself dumped at the next available port.  So I guess you'll be doing something other than cruising for a while.

The airlines have been banning people too, including a lawmaker in Alaska who will have a hard time getting to work in Juneau since Alaska Airlines is the only airline flying there.

Just now, Pratique said:

The airlines have been banning people too, including a lawmaker in Alaska who will have a hard time getting to work in Juneau since Alaska Airlines is the only airline flying there.

Now watch her charter a private plane instead, and bill the taxpayer, LOL.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Pratique said:

Right. Arbitration and mediation are intended to be alternatives to lawsuits. 

Yep.  That one was funny.  Hope it was worth it.  May a dog sled??

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

I believe they did try the nice way at the beginning, to no avail.  Doubtful it will reach the courts by November when the CSO expires.  If the CSO is not extended then the lawsuit dies on the vine. 

Edited:  wait I just saw that On April 22, Florida filed a motion in a district court in Tampa, asking for an immediate injunction that would rescind the CDC’s current orders. Florida’s argument is that the lawsuit is “likely to succeed on the merits of the case,” and it is therefore entitled to the injunction due to “irreparable harm and hardships” created by the CDC’s actions.

I'm not surprised by that motion, it's standard procedure in cases like this. The AG is doing what she can, but it doesn't mean it will go anywhere.

23 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Actually, the more accurate translation is probably "born from above."  Nicodemus probably misunderstands the double entendre, leading to his confusion and causing many today to inaccurately understand what was really being said.  

Semantics 

32 minutes ago, Stick93 said:

Just not in other countries who have figured it out. The most advanced country is not quite there, but a third world port like Jamaica will host cruising come this summer. 

That is pure fantasy. 

Covid is a reality that we can deal with (hopefully smartly), or stay in the closet and worry about all the what if’s. 

Frankly I personally don’t care either way at this point. I love cruising but I have been to multiple destinations recently and I have been able to relax and enjoy. The ships can rust and wait - it won’t slow me down.  

Pretty much what I’ve been doing for the last year.  Plenty of trips !