Medallion App Updated and Working Now

HBCcruiser

Well my iPhone app has regressed today.  As others have reported, these are the only steps I see now:

image.png.0052f6de2790d33ec54d1d07eb8ae179.png

Until today all of the steps were there with green checks, although the entire category wasn't checked keeping me in the blue lane.  Hoping that they are just working on it now and deliberately suppressing some info as opposed to this accidentally breaking.

• Like 1

My next cruises that we intend taking as they meet the new requirements  have not changed.  Status has remained the same.

I will be cancelling 3 cruises outright between October 16 and December 1 as our grandkids no longer meet the requirements and will be cancelling them from our bookings going forward.  Hopefully their FCC will be extended.

0A46251E-1D93-46C7-BCF0-85AFE6B4A4D3.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Wowee, Zowee!! Whadya know?!  I had logged in as my wife a while back and nothing going on.  So, I tried it again and what a surprise!!  Everything is there!!  The Personal Info.  The Passage Contract & Covid-19 Risk Acceptance (incomplete), Travel Docs, Security Photo, Profile Photo.  We have been on Medallion Class before, so all was there and GREEN, except the doc acceptance and I could do that and also flip to my photo and do that. 

We have three Green checks in Blue Lane now.  Understandably, it is too soon for Boarding Groups for OCT 2022 and of course the Health Form.

I cannot believe I was this dumb before, but it clicks now.  I have ALWAYS been the first listed passenger for our cruises as I do all the travel arrangements and deal with Princess, etc.  But they have swapped things in the app when they loaded our voyages and she must be the lead.  So it is her login that controls everything and I am the spouse along for the ride - which is all backasswards. 

So, I will see if I can get that corrected.  Now, I have no idea how long this might have been working logging in as her because it didn't help back a while ago. 

Not so fast, Bubba Louey!!! 

After using my wife's login to update OceanReady Steps 1 & 3, I did get three green checks and we were labeled in the GREEN LANE for our two logical voyages. 

So, I logged her out and logged in as me again and of course I saw nothing but a Green check for Medallions (Step 2) and it indicated we were in the BLUE LANE again.  Cannot say I was surprised as my login was having all those issues of not working.  Still "All Hands on Tech".  So, even though all setup with wife's ID, I am not seeing the latest status.

Logged out as me and back in to MC App as her.  Now her data shows as BLUE LANE with only Medallions Step 2 checked off.  Tapped on Personal Info get into the details and now her login gets "All Hands on Tech" system error. 

Ouch.  So, IDK if they took it offline for some nighttime work, or if this is yet another bug.  It all appeared to work and saved the data, etc.  But now seeing nothing and getting error.

Will see if it is working again in the morning.   

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Thrak said:

It's in the section that doesn't work at all for me...

Did you have my issue where my wife was the first or lead on the booking and I was secondary.  Her login did get me functioning in OceanReady and I got in to the Green Lane with three Green checks on Steps 1 thru 3.

However, I logged her out and I logged as me and still had same behaviors - only Medallion step checked and when try Step 1, I got "All Hands on Tech" error.

I logged back in as her and same - errors and back in the Blue Lane.  Has IT taken the System for some overnight maintenance tonight?  Or, is it something else?  

Try again tomorrow morning and see I guess.  Not sure if an IT outage or another new bug.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

Well my iPhone app has regressed today.  As others have reported, these are the only steps I see now:

image.png.0052f6de2790d33ec54d1d07eb8ae179.png

Until today all of the steps were there with green checks, although the entire category wasn't checked keeping me in the blue lane.  Hoping that they are just working on it now and deliberately suppressing some info as opposed to this accidentally breaking.

since I have been leaving my Personalizer & MedallionClass app information alone over the past week, everything is showing up in the app that I previously had entered into the Personalizer and all the green check marks are back I am now in the Blue Lane with Passport & credit card information still to fill in

my Dining times that I selected are still there. 

I am unable to choose an arrival/ departure group. 
photos from our December 2019 cruise appeared , but we have option to change them. 

Since my cruise is in March 2022, I will just leave it alone while Princess works on it. 

Appreciate hearing how it goes by those who sail before me. 

• Like 1

On 6/15/2021 at 12:25 PM, Ombud said:

Thats what I'm being told. So whatever time the hotel shuttle gets me there is good. 

Per Princess:

We’re requiring all guests, no later than midnight before their sailing date, to complete online check-in and select an arrival time using the MedallionClass app.

You must arrive within your selected time to maintain physical distancing during the check-in and boarding process.

If you come to the terminal before your arrival time, you will be asked to wait away from the terminal until you are permitted to enter during your specified arrival time.

12 hours ago, Tedferg said:

Confused over Dining option Slow / Medium / Fast, we are probably Medium since we usually want to dine and go to a show. Not sure how Fast would work but what if there is a 6 or 8 top and other passengers are Slow or Fast - do they give Fast Pax a straw with their soup ???

Maybe they set up the shared tables with passengers who selected the same speed option.

On 6/15/2021 at 1:19 PM, Ombud said:

I'm weirdly reassured today but just a little. They responded thanking me for the screenshot showing I cannot change "0" to "1" writing they'll get back to me on that. Mary (PVP) also responded that they can handle Step 4 whenever I get to the pier and Step 5 is done within 3 days before the cruise. But that she'll monitor it too. 

Thanks for sharing. 

On 6/15/2021 at 1:44 PM, Ombud said:

Yeah .... they should get their story straight. I will be assigned an arrival time if unable to get the app to work beforehand. 

At any rate, I'm only concerned with Step 5: Health Status 

Let us know how it all works out. Have a wonderful cruise. Thanks for sharing. 

Ok, I am now finding a few things.

1) I went to personalize my medallion for my 8/28/22 cruise. I decided I wanted to change the circle picture and found you can not go back. Once you chose that's it.

2) While trying to fix that I noticed it was for a booking for a cruise for 8/27/22 same itinerary, different ship and dates and booking number. I tried to change it and add my booking number there and it said it's already there.

3) I still can not figure out how to see my passport picture and all that other info that gets entered.

Edited by Moondogy

8 hours ago, kiwimum said:

My next cruises that we intend taking as they meet the new requirements  have not changed.  Status has remained the same.

I will be cancelling 3 cruises outright between October 16 and December 1 as our grandkids no longer meet the requirements and will be cancelling them from our bookings going forward.  Hopefully their FCC will be extended.

0A46251E-1D93-46C7-BCF0-85AFE6B4A4D3.jpeg

A while back it was mentioned that if the person wasn't going to be able to cruise again, their FCC could be transferred to the person who paid for it. If you ask that, and are successful,  can you let us know?? I might be in that situation 🤔 

21 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

I did my daily Medallion check to see if DMW or arrival groups had been added yet, and they haven’t, but look what showed up today as an upcoming cruise. 

As a huge Pacific Princess fan, this one is kinda cruel. FE825F22-CF51-4164-AA7D-4D397943879D.thumb.jpeg.057f040566c8950144304092889f3e06.jpeg

I have one on the Dawn, and another in the Star.

11 hours ago, caribill said:

Per Princess:

You must arrive within your selected time to maintain physical distancing during the check-in and boarding process.

I thought physical distancing didn't matter if fully vaccinated per CDC.  Even POTUS was doing a close scrum before departing Europe.

7 hours ago, Moondogy said:

Ok, I am now finding a few things.

1) I went to personalize my medallion for my 8/28/22 cruise. I decided I wanted to change the circle picture and found you can not go back. Once you chose that's it.

2) While trying to fix that I noticed it was for a booking for a cruise for 8/27/22 same itinerary, different ship and dates and booking number. I tried to change it and add my booking number there and it said it's already there.

3) I still can not figure out how to see my passport picture and all that other info that gets entered.

Yesterday, I was able to re-take and change photos.  For one voyage, the same passport info was there but no green check like other voyage.  So I deleted and re-added passports, including photo scan and worked.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

I did my daily Medallion check to see if DMW or arrival groups had been added yet, and they haven’t, but look what showed up today as an upcoming cruise. 

As a huge Pacific Princess fan, this one is kinda cruel.

Yes, I had a ghost cruise appear yesterday out of the blue.  Same .. a canceled Pacific voyage.  Looking for it to disappear again over the weekend.

Edited by Steelers36

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

I deleted and re-added passports, including photo scan and worked.

I will need to do the same thing but I still have time until next year.  How did you delete the old passports?

On 6/15/2021 at 2:26 PM, ceilidh1 said:

UPDATE: Just got off the phone with the app folks. While the person I spoke with was very apologetic and understanding, the crashing issue has not yet been resolved. Lol. As I suspected, the problem appears to be in the phone model - they are seeing the crashing problem with iphone 6 and 6s and they are trying to work on it to see if they can make the app compatible with these models. I am fortunate that I do not have a cruise booked for a while (thanks to my August sailing being cancelled) but she did offer to help with dining, getting ocean ready, etc while on the phone with me. I declined for now. They will follow up with me and keep me informed as to if/when the app should work on my phone...

Did you try to restart your iphone? My app on my iPhone 7 was working for a while and then yesterday  it started crashing and not opening like yours.  After I restarted it (turned off and on), it opened properly. Still can't get most of it to work but at least it opens.

2 minutes ago, LImom said:

Did you try to restart your iphone? My app on my iPhone 7 was working for a while and then yesterday  it started crashing and not opening like yours.  After I restarted it (turned off and on), it opened properly. Still can't get most of it to work but at least it opens.

Many times in the past two weeks...but no success. I will try again right now and let you know!

8 minutes ago, LImom said:

Sad to report...no success

3 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

I thought physical distancing didn't matter if fully vaccinated per CDC.  Even POTUS was doing a close scrum before departing Europe.

They wrote this originally when they still expected to have up to 5% unvaccinated aboard.

But they may still have some unvaccinated passengers who claim medical or religious exceptions and the law does not permit Princess to discriminate against them by refusing passage if they are within the allowed 5%.