Do you have a dream cruise?

ilikeanswers

4 hours ago, ldubs said:

I don't get why anyone would want to name a cruise ship Titanic.  Not exactly good memories.  The name is kind of a turn off as far as booking a cruise goes.   

Not necessarily .I think there are a lot of people who are thrill takers and would definitely desire to go on the ship.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ldubs said:

I don't get why anyone would want to name a cruise ship Titanic.  Not exactly good memories.  The name is kind of a turn off as far as booking a cruise goes.   

The other thing is that the only resemble between the Titanic and the never-to-sail Titanic 2 is the name.  I wonder if anyone who is so excited about the Titanic 2 has ever looked at the amenities of the Titanic.  Most of these people would never sail on a ship with the Titanic amenities unless it was named the Titanic 2. 

DON

• Like 1

Who would ever embark on a vessel named Titanic II, Lusitania II, Andrea Doria II, Costa Concordia II?  Yes, for the initial voyage or voyages, probably many would.  But, then....  These are names that will be forever connected with negative memories.  

Carnival Cruise Lines has chosen to change their newest ship naming patterns.  Mardi Gras has been built; Celebration is coming.  Why did they do choose to do this and change from the previous most recent pattern of Carnival ........?  

2 hours ago, donaldsc said:

...Most of these people would never sail on a ship with the Titanic amenities unless it was named the Titanic 2. 

DON

Precisely - they would be lucky to have a wash stand in the cabin and not to long a walk to the shower room or the multi-stall toilets.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, navybankerteacher said:

Precisely - they would be lucky to have a wash stand in the cabin and not to long a walk to the shower room or the multi-stall toilets.  

And that is probably in the first class cabins.  What about the 2nd class and 3d class cabins?

DON

• Like 1

On 5/4/2021 at 4:40 PM, rkacruiser said:

Who would ever embark on a vessel named Titanic II, Lusitania II, Andrea Doria II, Costa Concordia II?  Yes, for the initial voyage or voyages, probably many would.  But, then....  These are names that will be forever connected with negative memories.  

I know.  Like I would book my next cruise on the Exxon Valdez II.  😄😄😄

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 4/30/2021 at 8:22 PM, cruisemom42 said:

I'm going to say that my "dream cruise" is what Voyages to Antiquity provided in the past: small ships (350 pax), great itineraries, great guest lecturers, a number of overnight/overland stays and a mix of interesting passengers.

I am still searching for a replacement....

Hello! I am new at Cruisecritic. Do you know if there is any "successor" to Voyages of Antiquity? I am looking for a cruise that would stop at Samothraki -Greece-. Thank you