Do you have a dream cruise?

ilikeanswers

If there was anything you could have on a cruise be it itinerary, facilites, services, style of cruise, what would be the dream or ideal cruise? Is it something that exists? Are you one of the lucky ones to have fufiled the dream cruise? Or is it fantasy something you wish was an option?

My fantasy would be to cruise to every port in the world that can accept a ship. This would also requrie unlimited funds and time. I love the Princess Grand class ships but don't have enough cruising experience to know which other lines have similar size, facililties, and services so would have to do that research. That would be an enjoyable part of taking the cruises.

So my fantasy can be fulfilled but probably never will be, due to lack of time, mostly. But I  can dream!

• Thanks 1

My husband and I used to want to cruise through major canals. This dream started on the Norwegian Dream through the Kiel Canal in Germany...the ship had to flip it's smokestack to fit under one of the bridges...pretty cool.

Our trip through the Panama Canal also helped feed this dream. 

We haven't talked much about this lately though. Very interested to see how the cruising from the Bahamas and St. Marteen goes this summer.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ilikeanswers said:

If there was anything you could have on a cruise be it itinerary, facilites, services, style of cruise, what would be the dream or ideal cruise? Is it something that exists? Are you one of the lucky ones to have fufiled the dream cruise? Or is it fantasy something you wish was an option?

I'm going to say that my "dream cruise" is what Voyages to Antiquity provided in the past: small ships (350 pax), great itineraries, great guest lecturers, a number of overnight/overland stays and a mix of interesting passengers.

I am still searching for a replacement....

• Thanks 2

55 minutes ago, Heidi13 said:

Only areas left to visit are Norway/Chile fjords, Cape Horn and Antarctica.

That's funny. We haven't traveled as much as you but we've done all of those with the last three being all one cruise. And they were all simply stunning and wonderful. Oh, I just realized those were two cruises and both on Hurtigruten.

39 minutes ago, clo said:

That's funny. We haven't traveled as much as you but we've done all of those with the last three being all one cruise. And they were all simply stunning and wonderful. Oh, I just realized those were two cruises and both on Hurtigruten.

When I worked on the ships those were some of the areas we didn't visit. All cruise ships were Panamax, so no need to round the Cape. I also just missed Norway, paying off the ship in UK, just before it headed to Norway.

We had booked a Norway Midnight Sun for 2021, moved it to 2022, but in December changed it again to another World Cruise. Sadly none of those areas are on the itinerary.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ilikeanswers said:

My dream cruise would be three weeks in Bermuda and one week in Labadee.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ilikeanswers said:

Interesting question and I like reading about some of the goals folks have.   I don't think I could really define or describe a dream cruise.  I have fun on vacations.  A cruise is just another vacation way to have fun.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

My dream cruise would be three weeks in Bermuda and one week in Labadee.

Labadee?    LABADEE?       For a week?

Well, to each his own.

My ideal would be a small ship -- up to about 600 passengers, with a real library, some live music, better food than is now served on mass market lines, thoughtful lecture program, varied passenger mix with common interests, stopping (many times overnight) at many smaller Mediterranean and Aegean ports- to be followed by a winter escape sailing from New York to a few smaller Caribbean islands (again staying overnight)  before dropping us off in mid-March -- perhaps at Fort Myers - for our spring stay on Sanibel.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We love being spoiled and great live entertainment , have already done 3 rock and romance cruise charters on suites and have our fourth scheduled for February, really enjoy the concerts and the chance to have a conversation with some of our favorites. 

• Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, navybankerteacher said:

Well, to each his own.

My ideal would be a small ship -- up to about 600 passengers, with a real library, some live music, better food than is now served on mass market lines, thoughtful lecture program, varied passenger mix with common interests, stopping (many times overnight) at many smaller Mediterranean and Aegean ports- to be followed by a winter escape sailing from New York to a few smaller Caribbean islands (again staying overnight)  before dropping us off in mid-March -- perhaps at Fort Myers - for our spring stay on Sanibel.

I love Labadee .I have been there 8 times.

7 hours ago, ilikeanswers said:

If there was anything you could have on a cruise be it itinerary, facilites, services, style of cruise, what would be the dream or ideal cruise? 

An all-inclusive luxury cruise around the world starting and ending here in Hawaii so that we don't have to fly anywhere. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Silver Sweethearts said:

An all-inclusive luxury cruise around the world starting and ending here in Hawaii so that we don't have to fly anywhere. 

Are there such things?

21 minutes ago, Silver Sweethearts said:

If I lived in Maui I would never want to go anywhere else .A friend of mine moved to Maui from NYC and has often told me how great it is to live there.

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

I have been there about the same but last four were much more pleasant since we were at barefoot beach which is reserved for suites , great service and food. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

one week in Labadee.

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

2 hours ago, navybankerteacher said:

Well, to each his own.

Never have visited Labadee.  Labadee of 2021 surely must be different from what the port as when it first was developed.  

I have enjoyed spending time at Virginia Beach for many years.  I have heard the question:  Why?  Other Atlantic coast resorts are "so" much better.  "To each his own" is my basic reply.  I have my specific reasons as we all do for the preferences that we have.  

6 hours ago, Heidi13 said:

Only areas left to visit are Norway/Chile fjords, Cape Horn and Antarctica.

I am amazed that I have been to all four of those areas where you have not yet been!

Visit the fjords of Norway and Chile; then, join the debate about which fjords are the most magnificent:  New Zealand or Alaska or Chile or Norway.  Cape Horn is a sail-by; interesting to have experienced with the hope that King Neptune will provide a comfortable passage in that area.  Antarctica is in a realm of its own.  However, the landscape and the geological formations of the continent reminded me much of what I saw in Greenland during passages through Prins Christian Sund.  

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, donaldsc said:

What is there to do in Ladabee except for the beach?

DON

I have not been on a beach aside from walking on one since 1973.

I used to love walking on the island from the ship and not having to take a tender.

My dream cruise ended April 29, 2008 when I returned home from the 2008 Grand World Cruise aboard the M. S. Amsterdam.  My journal for this date records my thoughts when I returned home that late night.  Somehow, someway, I had fulfilled a dream of many years.  I was thankful then and I remain thankful as I type this.  

Is there another "dream cruise"?  If one is a cruiser, how can there not be?  

A cruise on a luxury cruise line, i.e. Seabourn or Silverseas, is at the top of my list.  A repeat of a MSC Yacht Club experience that I had on Meraviglia is in the next sub-category.

• Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

Never have visited Labadee.  Labadee of 2021 surely must be different from what the port as when it first was developed.  

I have enjoyed spending time at Virginia Beach for many years.  I have heard the question:  Why?  Other Atlantic coast resorts are "so" much better.  "To each his own" is my basic reply.  I have my specific reasons as we all do for the preferences that we have.  

I am amazed that I have been to all four of those areas where you have not yet been!

Visit the fjords of Norway and Chile; then, join the debate about which fjords are the most magnificent:  New Zealand or Alaska or Chile or Norway.  Cape Horn is a sail-by; interesting to have experienced with the hope that King Neptune will provide a comfortable passage in that area.  Antarctica is in a realm of its own.  However, the landscape and the geological formations of the continent reminded me much of what I saw in Greenland during passages through Prins Christian Sund.