Do you have a dream cruise?

ilikeanswers

6 hours ago, rkacruiser said:
11 hours ago, George C said:

We rarely take longer cruises because of our cats 

We have someone live in our house and take care of our pets. And they can't be gone longer than four or five hours. Usually a relatively young retiree(s) just wanting to visit new places.

On 5/1/2021 at 1:31 AM, ilikeanswers said:

If there was anything you could have on a cruise be it itinerary, facilites, services, style of cruise, what would be the dream or ideal cruise? Is it something that exists? Are you one of the lucky ones to have fufiled the dream cruise? Or is it fantasy something you wish was an option?

Dream cruise ?     do I have to pay for it....?

If I am paying an 18-21 day around New Zealand   out and back from our home port...

on princess in a suite

If I am dreaming and not paying, a round Australia  30 days plus  small ship, up market line in a suite.... would make me very happy.....

I am easily pleased, and enjoy being on the ship........ 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

If you rarely take longer cruises that means that you do at times take longer cruises.What do you do with your cats then ?

We have a very good cat sitter who checks on them daily and spends time with them, on our Europe trip we had my wife’s sister stay at our house. Our cat sitter sends us pictures daily of our cats .

Edited by George C
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, George C said:

We have a very good cat sitter who checks on them daily and spends time with them, on our Europe trip we had my wife’s sister stay at our house. Our cat sitter sends us pictures daily of our cats .

We did the same on our long vacations.

15 hours ago, clo said:

We have someone live in our house and take care of our pets. And they can't be gone longer than four or five hours. Usually a relatively young retiree(s) just wanting to visit new places.

When I still had a cat, I'd "hire" one of our young local athletes to cat sit.  That way they could still train but I'd pay them so they would get money for traveling to races.  Many had to rely on private fundraising to get  money for races since the National federation only funded the top 2 men and women.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

My second dream cruise would be more realistic.NY to the UK and back.

it's on my bucket list. I would love a round trip on Cunard Q M 2 

7 minutes ago, c-boy said:

it's on my bucket list. I would love a round trip on Cunard Q M 2 

Play it right, and you can do just that: giving yourself a few days in London after QM2 unloads you in Southampton, then proceeds to Hamburg (I think) before stopping back at Southampton to pick you up for the return to New York. 

On 4/30/2021 at 6:25 PM, slidergirl said:

I really want to do a small barge trip through the Rhône Canal in the south of France.  Visit oyster beds and suck down some good oysters with good wine.  Visit the Carmague horses.  Be lazy as the barge meanders through the Canal.  Was seriously thinking of doing this with Adventure Women this year, but a little "virus" that I caught kept me out of circulation for 12 months so it shut that one down.  

I worked with someone who rented and piloted her own small river boat, but I cannot recall which European river.  What she describe was very appealing -- puttering along the river and pulling into various small town docks.    Based on your posts, I could see you enjoying something like that.   

• Like 1

On 4/30/2021 at 6:40 PM, Silver Sweethearts said:

Maui was a dream for us for many years, but we finally figured we either just dream the dream or go for making it a reality.  We went for it.  That was 25 years ago, and we haven't looked back.

Many years ago I did some contract work for the your state which took me to the Pacific Disaster Center in Kihei.   Tough duty, but someone had to do it!   🙂

1 minute ago, ldubs said:

Many years ago I did some contract work for the your state which took me to the Pacific Disaster Center in Kihei.   Tough duty, but someone had to do it!   🙂

We spent a week in Kihei with our pre-teen girls over 30 years ago and had a great time. Left them 'at home' while we went to Mama's Fish House cause they were happier with pizza from the places next door. I understand it's still popular.

20 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Titanic 2 is scheduled to sail in 2022 but it is an Australian ship and I do not think it will be leaving from Manhattan.

This from Wikipedia about the Titanic 2 - "The intended launch date was originally set in 2016,[4] delayed to 2018,[5] then 2022" .  Do you see a pattern here?

DON

A complete circumnavigation of Antarctica starting in Ushuaia and ending in New Zealand.  Also a B2B NW followed by NE passage cruise.  Neither of them is likely to ever happen however.  NW passage cruise are fairly common.  NE passage cruises are much less common.

Realistically I was booked on a Hurtigrutin cruise that started in Vancouver and ended in Nome.  It would have stopped in several places along the Aleutian peninsula, visited Dutch Harbor, hit several of the islands in the Bering sea and ended up in Nome.  The cruise was cancelled and my wife does not want to immediately rebook.  However doing that one is a good possibility.  

DON

Edited by donaldsc
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, donaldsc said:

This from Wikipedia about the Titanic 2 - "The intended launch date was originally set in 2016,[4] delayed to 2018,[5] then 2022" .  Do you see a pattern here?

DON

I try and not read Wikipedia .I went to the website of the owner of the ship.It is now in China and eventually it will be in England to get ready to sail to NY.

46 minutes ago, donaldsc said:

DON

It makes me think of P. T. Barnum, and his technique of luring people along “This way to the EGRESS”.

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I try and not read Wikipedia .I went to the website of the owner of the ship.It is now in China and eventually it will be in England to get ready to sail to NY.

I would trust Wikipedia over Clive Palmer. He has a long history of starting projects and abandoning them usually leaving other people in a lot of debt 🙄

30 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

I would trust Wikipedia over Clive Palmer. He has a long history of starting projects and abandoning them usually leaving other people in a lot of debt 🙄

I never heard of him previously.

8 hours ago, donaldsc said:

A complete circumnavigation of Antarctica starting in Ushuaia and ending in New Zealand.  Also a B2B NW followed by NE passage cruise.  Neither of them is likely to ever happen however.  NW passage cruise are fairly common.  NE passage cruises are much less common.

Realistically I was booked on a Hurtigrutin cruise that started in Vancouver and ended in Nome.  It would have stopped in several places along the Aleutian peninsula, visited Dutch Harbor, hit several of the islands in the Bering sea and ended up in Nome.  The cruise was cancelled and my wife does not want to immediately rebook.  However doing that one is a good possibility.  

DON

We cruised Hurtigruten to Antarctica and a Norwegian coastal cruise. We loved everything about them.

On 5/2/2021 at 3:07 PM, lenquixote66 said:

Titanic 2 is scheduled to sail in 2022 but it is an Australian ship and I do not think it will be leaving from Manhattan.

I don't get why anyone would want to name a cruise ship Titanic.  Not exactly good memories.  The name is kind of a turn off as far as booking a cruise goes.   

Edited by ldubs