The Key and a suite

So, I'm debating on whether to get The Key or not. I'll be sailing in an Owner's Suite on Navigator during Christmas this year.  Is it worth it.  Do you get anything else that you don't get with a suite besides the Voom Surf & Stream for one device?

Currently, Voom Surf & stream for one device is $15.99 and The Key is $27.99.  $12.00 per person per day seems a bit much to upgrade to The Key. 

14 minutes ago, jimd909 said:

So, I'm debating on whether to get The Key or not. I'll be sailing in an Owner's Suite on Navigator during Christmas this year.  Is it worth it.  Do you get anything else that you don't get with a suite besides the Voom Surf & Stream for one device?

Currently, Voom Surf & stream for one device is $15.99 and The Key is $27.99.  $12.00 per person per day seems a bit much to upgrade to The Key. 

Don’t forget that for the key both people have to get it so $56 per day where you may be able to share an Internet  package and use your free days.  Suites already have reserved seating. 

definitely not worth it IMO

I agree with the others.  In a full suite, the value of the Key is minimal and definitely not worth the money, IMO.  My guess is that you can probably get a 2-device internet package fairly reasonably.  Enjoy your OS.  They are my favorite room category.

• Like 1

With the caveat that we don't know what changes will be in place once cruising resumes this summer, the current list of Owners' Suite benefits include most everything that you'd get with the Key other than Wifi.  In fact, includes way more!  current benefits here: https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/what-are-the-benefits-of-the-suites-program

you can get a one- or two-device Voom connection on sale before your cruise.  

Enjoy the OS!

• Like 1

I also agree , I never bought key since we always book a full suite, too bad rccl doesn’t include WiFi like they do with oasis class. Love the navigator sailed her 3 times all in grand suites.

Edited by George C
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, George C said:

I also agree , I never bought key since we always book a full suite, too bad rccl doesn’t include WiFi like they do with oasis class. Love the navigator sailed her 3 times all in grand suites.

Absolutely ^^^^ THIS^^^. Shouldn't be any reason why internet isn't included for suites fleetwide !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Absolutely ^^^^ THIS^^^. Shouldn't be any reason why internet isn't included for suites fleetwide !

Rccl suite perks are so different on different class ships , really prefer celebrity where every ship has a suite restaurant and there suite lounge is open all day for free drinks.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone.  I already purchased the Voom Surf & Stream 2-device for the cruise.  It was much cheaper than The Key.  

I've read in other posts that sometimes The Key is live $5 more per person per day and not $12.

Edited by jimd909
  • Like 2

I've debated the surf and stream vs The Key for one of our upcoming cruises. The internet price for 3 devices is insane, $37.69 per day. And this is the best price I've found for this particular cruise (so far). The Key on the other hand was $17.99 per person per day. So it is $65.12 more total for The Key than it is for us to buy the internet package. Since we are in a JS on this cruise, I went for The Key. Hoping the few benefits we will get will be worth the $65. If not, I will have had the chance to try it for a pretty low price to know if it's worth considering in the future.

But if I were in a suite, I wouldn't consider it. Glad our first full suite will be on Oasis, which includes internet.

• Like 2

So my family is in an owners suite on Harmony, my brother’s is in a JS.  We were originally booked on Rhapsody so the suite perks we got versus his were negligible.  But on Harmony, it’s a much bigger difference.  If we got the Key for him, would that give him access to all/most of our perks?

2 hours ago, poocher said:

So my family is in an owners suite on Harmony, my brother’s is in a JS.  We were originally booked on Rhapsody so the suite perks we got versus his were negligible.  But on Harmony, it’s a much bigger difference.  If we got the Key for him, would that give him access to all/most of our perks?

Internet and seating in the theater...otherwise he's not going to have the perks you will have in an OS.

24 minutes ago, Cigar King said:

What perks do you want him to have access to?  The suite lounge, for example, would be a no.  Internet, yes.  Etc.

I was thinking expedited boarding & disembark which does not appear to be available for JS, priority show reservations, Coastal Kitchen will be a crap shoot for a JS but don’t think the key will help with that.  Don’t care about the Suite lounge.  What else is there?