Captain Johnny's Last Voyager Class Ship ?

Seems like a lifetime ago nowadays, but I'm sure a lot of people here know the answer.  The Mariner would be the obvious and longest timewise Voyager Class ship he had, but what was it the last?  I can't remember, but don't think it's the Mariner.

Me too. He was on her at the beginning, and we were lucky enough to sail with Capt. Johnny on the 2nd Caribbean sailing of the Mariner. At the time, he actually rode his Harley, not the miniature version.

• Like 1

Loved Capt. Johnny had the pleasure of meeting him and chatting.  He autographed his book for us .  His morning wake up call from the bridge always made us smile.   It was fun seeing him ride his Harley down the middle of the promenade and off the ship when in port whenever he could get away for a while.  He is my favorite captain and I have sailed with quite a few

Interesting how we rate a captain on his public relations skills.  I wonder what exact percent of time a senior officer spends on the PR stuff as opposed to the operational stuff.

On 5/1/2021 at 8:19 PM, smokeybandit said:

I would imagine the captain does very little captaining, if any at all, while at sea. 

The Captain monitors a lot of what is going on but it is primarily the Staff Captain that runs marine operations.  Even at that there are still a lot of "old school" Captains that do not spent as much time out in public.  I was on a Royal ship for 5 consecutive cruises when at the Suite Pinnacle, right after introductions, the Captain got called away.  He was just not real comfortable at that event.  Several months later at a lunch with about 20 Pinnacles he was much more social and comfortable.