Unlimited dining package question

2 minutes ago, denamo said:

Oops...We were to have gone on the Oasis in April of 2020 as the pandemic began.  Blended the Oasis and Symphony together.  I was thinking both ships had Portside BBQ.  Thanks for letting me know. 

I wish more ships had the Portside BBQ.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I wish more ships had the Portside BBQ.

The reviews I've read are very positive for Portside BBQ.  We'll get to try it some day hopefully! 🙂

6 minutes ago, denamo said:

The reviews I've read are very positive for Portside BBQ.  We'll get to try it some day hopefully! 🙂

We were on Oasis At Christmas just after her drydock.  We either had lunch  or a snack there every day. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, George C said:

I agree Chops has lots of options for lunch and dinner, but I am glad we will be sailing on Allure , I typically just get the 5 night package but bought the UDP for this 8 night cruise, also can eat in CK.

You’ve got the best of all worlds!

• Like 2

On 5/1/2021 at 7:35 PM, jimd909 said:

If you buy the unlimited dining package are you able to order food and have it delivered to your stateroom on RCCL?

As Ken, Ourusualbeachhas said you must dine in the restaurant.
I just wanted to add that we have had a number of the different dining packages over the years and while we did eat at the restaurant, we have also had some plated or re-plated to go. Same goes for the MDR when we were not in a full suite... 
While most the ships had us carry it ourselves, we have had a couple bring/send it to our cabin when we were ready to leave. 

FYI my DH works swing shift and it is not easy to adjust our hours that much to eat... 

Edited by LilBlackDress
  • Like 2

On 5/1/2021 at 1:31 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

It has always said that but in my experience if the restaurant is open it is included.  While Chops and Giovanni’s  do not open on port days other restaurants like playmakers or portside bbq and Johnny Rockets open later than they would on sea days. . 

That was my  experience on Mariner April 2019.  I had lunch in at Playmakers while in port in Nassau.  Mind you they didn't open until 2pm but breakfast was late enough that that wasn't a problem.  

On 5/1/2021 at 4:47 PM, dswallow said:

Usually not, as they don't consider it a restaurant. Much like food served at the Pub on the ships is simply always an a la carte purchase. Every once in a while you hear of someone managing to get it "included" which I suspect is just some accommodation made to shut someone up a bit, more than officially part of an Unlimited Dining Package. 🙂

My experience is that $35 covers any of these types of places.  I ordered, nachos told them I had the UDP and asked if it was included.  I was told it was.  No one was trying to shut me up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Quick add-on question... what happens with the UDP on Holiday nights (e.g. Christmas)? I know we can't do the "Celebration Dinners", which is fine. But can we still eat in the restaurant and order off the normal menu? Any advice?

3 hours ago, killsport said:

Quick add-on question... what happens with the UDP on Holiday nights (e.g. Christmas)? I know we can't do the "Celebration Dinners", which is fine. But can we still eat in the restaurant and order off the normal menu? Any advice?

There are certain restaurants where you are not allowed to dine on the Holiday nights.  Chops, Giovanni's and 150CP.  You cannot eat there off the regular menu on the holiday nights

Depending on the ship there may be restaurants that you may dine at.  Some of the restaurants that have no restriction are...Samba, Wonderland, Saber, Izumi and Izumi Hibachi

• Thanks 1

On 5/2/2021 at 5:56 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

We were on Oasis At Christmas just after her drydock.  We either had lunch  or a snack there every day. 

You need to visit me in Kansas City, I'll take you to places that have incredible BBQ.

What makes KC BBQ a little different than say Memphis or Texas is that our sauce is dominated by tomato and molasses-based sauces. We use a wide selection of meats such as brisket, pork and beef ribs and chicken. We also put a big emphasis on the rub.  I will not get into a war about who has the best BBQ. Each region has excellent BBQ and does things a little different.

Edited by Sea Dog
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

What makes KC BBQ a little different than say Memphis or Texas is that our sauce is dominated by tomato and molasses-based sauces. We use a wide selection of meats such as brisket, pork and beef ribs and chicken. We also put a big emphasis on the rub.  I will not get into a war about who has the best BBQ. Each region has excellent BBQ and does things a little different.

Thanks, that sounds something I would like.

But I do have to say that a spirted discussion on the various types BBQ in the context of what is available on different ships would be welcome change from some of our other spirited discussions.  And yes, I plead guilty to taking part in some of those. 😇

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

If we every find ourselves driving to Galveston we will definitely take a detour and take you up on that offer. 

What stated do you live in? I thought you were on the west coast...
Sorry being nosey!! 

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

North of the border in Ontario so Kansas isn't that much of a detour.

Wow!! Why did I think West Coast?!?! LOL You aren't even the west side of Canada 

Thanks!! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/6/2021 at 9:15 AM, Sea Dog said:

Do you know what “style/region”’ Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce is?

44 minutes ago, vacationlover_mn said:

Do you know what “style/region”’ Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce is?

I have not thad their sauce, but I know they are out of the Chicago area. Chicago style is a sweet ketchup based sauce.

• Like 1

With the UDP we ate in Giovanni’s & asked them to get us a dessert from Chops & they did. Also, we had lobster in the MDR & then headed off to Izumi.  One night at Giovanni’s we ordered 4 entrees between the two of us & then ordered 2 appetisers.  With the UDP you pretty much can do whatever you want. Well that was our experience on the Vision in the Mediterranean.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/1/2021 at 1:36 PM, firefly333 said:

My question was specifically if sushi was included and you answered izumi is included which I know.

So if there is a 35 stipend can you apply it to just sushi? 

Again, if anyone can answer my question. I asked about is sushi included with the UDP pkg. 

Is hibachi only the sushi? Dont understand your answer. Sushi is called hibachi? 

Only asking about sushi ...

Izumi is a $35 limit....because it is an a la carte menu.  That simple, whatever is on the menu, up to $35 is covered.