Gus Antorcha Live

aliaschief

Just a reminder that the President Of Holland America will be a guest and addressing issues on Holland America Brand Ambassador’s Seth Wayne’s FB page at 1:30 PST/4:30EST.

Many of our questions may be answered.

Edited by aliaschief
  • Like 1

HAL is working with several countries to make sure that all crew are vaccinated.

Vaccinations are required for Eurodam cruises in Greece but those requirements shouldn’t be assumed for other regions.

They are still working with countries to determine if masks will be required onboard.  HAL would prefer not to require them onboard if everyone is vaccinated.

All venues will be open and they want to allow them to be used in a guest friendly way.  Making the experience pleasant.

The Eurodam will sail at 50% capacity at first.  This will ramp up to 80% if things go well.  Other cruises will have reduced capacity.

World cruisers can expect itinerary changes as covid may persist in parts of the world.

They are still hoping for an Alaska season.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Sir PMP said:

I don't do FB and I don't want to do FB.

Facebook now allows you to view videos and the first page of a page without having an account.  That is fairly recent.  I was able to watch without an account.

• Like 1

I think CCL HQ is dictating vaccine policy and public vaccine remarks.  He even at one point said how important children were and that they were a large component.  That indicates to me CCL says here is our position and do no say otherwise

I quit watching at about 20 min.  Some of the DUMBEST stuff I've ever heard!  When asked about proof of vaccination he said that (for US residents) the "card that you get" would be proof.  Seriously???  Those things started to be forged as soon as they came out.  Masks may be required when "walking around the ship" but may not be necessary when "sitting down in a venue"??  So I quit watching.  Either he himself is stupid or @Mary229 is correct and he is just parroting a corporate script.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Crazy For Cats said:

There was a question whether or not the Rotterdam’s inaugural voyage would happen as planned.  All that he would say is that delivery would be on time.  No direct answer to the question.

Was wanting that answer!

13 minutes ago, Av8rix said:

I quit watching at about 20 min.  Some of the DUMBEST stuff I've ever heard!  When asked about proof of vaccination he said that (for US residents) the "card that you get" would be proof.  Seriously???  Those things started to be forged as soon as they came out.  Masks may be required when "walking around the ship" but may not be necessary when "sitting down in a venue"??  So I quit watching.  Either he himself is stupid or @Mary229 is correct and he is just parroting a corporate script.

What proof do you suggest they use?

The mask policy stated is in line with what restaurants have been following, i.e. wear a mask until seated, so not sure why you think that is so far off base.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, MTAK said:

What proof do you suggest they use?

The mask policy stated is in line with what restaurants have been following, i.e. wear a mask until seated, so not sure why you think that is so far off base.

Walking around the deck with a mask?

They said there would be a complete set of protocols published on the website soon.  They also said that the cruise with confidence policy, at least for this year, are still available with the generous option to cancel.  

Edited by Mary229

I watched the tap dancing..He kept talking about other countries in the Mediterranean that they are not currently sailing to, France and Spain . We will know more in the coming weeks? 
  I have less confidence now than I did begin watching this.

Edited by 1ANGELCAT

6 minutes ago, Sir PMP said:

Walking around the deck with a mask?

I don't know...I am not saying I agree with it but it is in line with the CDC recommendations that recently came out.  So I don't know why someone would call him out as stupid for stating that, in fact Gus said during the interview he was disappointed in the recent CDC updates.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Crazy For Cats said:

HAL is working with several countries to make sure that all crew are vaccinated.

Vaccinations are required for Eurodam cruises in Greece but those requirements shouldn’t be assumed for other regions.

They are still working with countries to determine if masks will be required onboard.  HAL would prefer not to require them onboard if everyone is vaccinated.

All venues will be open and they want to allow them to be used in a guest friendly way.  Making the experience pleasant.

The Eurodam will sail at 50% capacity at first.  This will ramp up to 80% if things go well.  Other cruises will have reduced capacity.

World cruisers can expect itinerary changes as covid may persist in parts of the world.

They are still hoping for an Alaska season.

Hi, 

Is the Eurodam cruise at 50% capacity the one that’s supposed to start on August 15? From what I read this is supposed to be the first cruise in Europe, so I’m wondering what’s going to happen to our July cruise out of Amsterdam? I don’t know how that can sail. 

• Like 1

Did anyone catch the one short comment he made regarding that they had a bit more leeway in Amsterdam/Holland being their ships were flagged there. I thought that was an interesting comment he made but he did not really expand on that or about the Nieuw Statendam or Rotterdam sailings. I think this is why they have not canceled these. But then truly the big push right now is to sell Eurodam, they are not about to push these other sailings when they want to fill the Eurodam and they have a very short period of time to do that.  

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Mangojuice4u said:

Hi, 

Is the Eurodam cruise at 50% capacity the one that’s supposed to start on August 15? From what I read this is supposed to be the first cruise in Europe, so I’m wondering what’s going to happen to our July cruise out of Amsterdam? I don’t know how that can sail. 

He mentioned that he can almost guarantee the Eurodam will sail.  Other Europe Med voyages and Baltic are less certain and updates would be provided in a week or two.  Alaska RT Seattle are also in that "boat" so to speak.  But I think he made it pretty clear that as of right now, the Eurodam is the most likely the first ship to sail in August.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, cruisingrob21 said:

He mentioned that he can almost guarantee the Eurodam will sail.  Other Europe Med voyages and Baltic are less certain and updates would be provided in a week or two.  Alaska RT Seattle are also in that "boat" so to speak.  But I think he made it pretty clear that as of right now, the Eurodam is the most likely the first ship to sail in August.

OK thank you. From the article that I read it really sounded like the Eurodam was going to be the first sailing in Europe. So I’m betting that are July will be canceled in the next few weeks.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/holland-america-cruise-restart/amp/

He is still holding out hope for Alaska.  I am very curious which way he thinks this will happen.  Canada open? A special deal with Congress? This is the second interview he has said that same thing.