The Daily for Friday May 07, 2021

richwmn

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

@Copper10-8thanks for posting the video of The Ohio State University marching band performing the Script Ohio at the football game.  I'd never seen the entire thing before.  My DD got her undergraduate degree in Elementary Education from The Ohio State University and loves to watch the band at the football games.  They must practice that for hours every week!  Such precision!  Loved it!

@bennybearyou must be referring to having problems with my screen name on CC.  There are two of us registered here.  My name has no space between Louis and Cruisers.  The other person has a space there and is not plural like I am with Cruisers.  And the other person has never posted after registering that name, and I believe it was a year after I joined.  If you don't see my avatar picture next to the name, it's not me!!😉  I occasionally have a problem with a few poster's names on here, but try to persevere until I find them. 

@sailingdutchyThank you for the special touch today with your photos.  The beautiful sunset photos were much appreciated!

Thanks to all of you for your good wishes today.  I am so glad to have you all behind me.

First glad the surgery is over,  hope the recovery goes well!
Yes,  I seem to have trouble finding you, lol!  I will try for a little more perseverance! 

• Like 9

2 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I'll do an update on my Sister now that I've finally gotten all the information.  It took hours to hear the details.  I was told around 1 Eastern she was out of surgery but she had complications and my niece would have to call me back later.  My niece hadn't seen her Mom yet, plus she unfortunately had to run over to a different location to see her oncologist for a prior scheduled appointment.  Yes, my niece is in treatment for breast cancer, doing well, and her Mom had to undergo this treatment today just to make things more complicated.  (She is also the niece who is going to be Grandma to twins this fall).  

Lucky for my Sister she had two of the finest doctors in this field, in the St. Louis area.  The TAVR surgery is supposed to be done while the patient is sedated but not completely out.  When they got in through the incision on the R side of the groin, the tube became stuck.  Wouldn't go in or out!  They said this hadn't ever happened before.  So they immediately came up with a plan B.  Removed the tube with an incision in her artery, stitched that up, sent another tube in through the L side in a new incision to blow air in and make more space while they tried the R side again.  This worked and the stent and valve put in place.  It was tested and working properly.  To do this expanded procedure she had to be intubated and put out completely.  Also drains were put in to drain fluids from the lungs and those will remain in a while.  She is in ICU and will be in the hospital until at least Monday.  We hope not in ICU the entire rest of her stay so we can phone her when she gets back into a regular hospital room.

We always say if there are going to be complications, our sister will be the one having them.  Thank goodness I had all of you here sending prayers and good thoughts to her!  I appreciate all the posts wishing us well and will now go back and see what's going on with the Daily today.  Thanks!!

Thank you for sharing, Sandi. Will keep you all in my prayers. 

• Like 8

4 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Are you feeling any better today?

Roy

😯Just sitting and sitting trying to keep arm stabilized in sling,..still numb from the block. I'm trying to distract myself with reading, the TV, audio books, etc. I realize healing takes time and I have to be patient. My husband is a good Caregiver...I'm blessed.✈ We will now both be setting off alarms at the airport. I have the screws and a plate for the shoulder and three fractures in the arm. 💕Thank You for your concern. 🙏

Katie

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, garlictown said:

😯Just sitting and sitting trying to keep arm stabilized in sling,..still numb from the block. I'm trying to distract myself with reading, the TV, audio books, etc. I realize healing takes time and I have to be patient. My husband is a good Caregiver...I'm blessed.✈ We will now both be setting off alarms at the airport. I have the screws and a plate for the shoulder and three fractures in the arm. 💕Thank You for your concern. 🙏

Katie

You've had a rough time of it this past week or so.  I hope things start improving rapidly from here on in.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@StLouisCruisers...👍Sandi, glad your sister has had her surgery! 🙏Prayers coming her way!🙏

Katie

💗Loved all the photos from today's port of call. Yesterday, I listened to Seth Wayne and the President of HAL talk about the exciting news for the Eurodam in Greece August 15 for three separate 7 day itineraries. 

• Like 7

20 minutes ago, garlictown said:

We will now both be setting off alarms at the airport. I have the screws and a plate for the shoulder and three fractures in the arm.

Ask your doctor when you have a follow-up visit. When I saw the post-surgery x-ray,  there was so much metal that I was sure it would set off alarms. The doctor said it wouldn't, and in fact it doesn't. It depends on the specific alloy used and maybe how close to the surface it is. On the other hand, I used to have dress shoes that set off alarms when I wore them for business travel.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Wow! A lot going on with everyone today.  I am sorry to be so late to respond. 

Every day is prayer day.  Enjoyed the beagle channel pictures.  As always such an upbeat place to come for information, humor, support, and all around a wonderful read.

Stay safe everyone.  Thank you for all the news and updates.  

• Like 6

6 hours ago, sailingdutchy said:

Argentinian Navy checking up ....

P2070405.thumb.jpeg.6bcad0d99e9e8738fa87934962ec52db.jpeg

Awesome pics Tony! Most definitely a place on my bucket list

That patrol boat, a British-designed, Chilean-made, 32-meter Protector-class LEP-type coastal patrol vessel, belongs to the Argentinians' neighbors however, the Chileans, and her name is Alacalufe, pennant # LSG-1603, based out of Puerto Williams, Chile which faces the Beagle Channel. The Alacalufe are a Chilean indigenous people who reside in Chilean Patagonia. Check out the national colors in the main mast. The name on the sign above her bridge reads "Vencer o morir," the Chilean battle cry "Win or die". In your pic, she is in dire need of a paint job on her hull 😉 

Flag of Chile.svg

Image 1 - Authentic Armada De Chile Navy Challenge Coin "Vencer O Morir"

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

Awesome pics Tony! Most definitely a place on my bucket list

That patrol boat, a British-designed, Chilean-made, 32-meter Protector-class LEP-type coastal patrol vessel, belongs to the Argentinians' neighbors however, the Chileans, and her name is Alacalufe, pennant # LSG-1603, based out of Puerto Williams, Chile which faces the Beagle Channel. The Alacalufe are a Chilean indigenous people who reside in Chilean Patagonia. Check out the national colors in the main mast. The name on the sign above her bridge reads "Vencer o morir," the Chilean battle cry "Win or die". In your pic, she is in dire need of a paint job on her hull 😉 

Flag of Chile.svg

Image 1 - Authentic Armada De Chile Navy Challenge Coin "Vencer O Morir"

Thank you for correcting me John , me bad !!!  I should have looked closer to the mast ......and thanks for your research to let me know the facts .

Tony 😀

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, garlictown said:

Katie

You poor thing 😢 I’m glad the block is still working and your husband is a good caregiver 👍 

Your arm probably won’t set off the alarms.  As @kochleffelsaid, check with your doctor.  The metal in my arm and elbow do not set off alarms at the airport.  IIRC it’s titanium.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I'll do an update on my Sister now that I've finally gotten all the information.  It took hours to hear the details.  I was told around 1 Eastern she was out of surgery but she had complications and my niece would have to call me back later.  My niece hadn't seen her Mom yet, plus she unfortunately had to run over to a different location to see her oncologist for a prior scheduled appointment.  Yes, my niece is in treatment for breast cancer, doing well, and her Mom had to undergo this treatment today just to make things more complicated.  (She is also the niece who is going to be Grandma to twins this fall).  

Lucky for my Sister she had two of the finest doctors in this field, in the St. Louis area.  The TAVR surgery is supposed to be done while the patient is sedated but not completely out.  When they got in through the incision on the R side of the groin, the tube became stuck.  Wouldn't go in or out!  They said this hadn't ever happened before.  So they immediately came up with a plan B.  Removed the tube with an incision in her artery, stitched that up, sent another tube in through the L side in a new incision to blow air in and make more space while they tried the R side again.  This worked and the stent and valve put in place.  It was tested and working properly.  To do this expanded procedure she had to be intubated and put out completely.  Also drains were put in to drain fluids from the lungs and those will remain in a while.  She is in ICU and will be in the hospital until at least Monday.  We hope not in ICU the entire rest of her stay so we can phone her when she gets back into a regular hospital room.

We always say if there are going to be complications, our sister will be the one having them.  Thank goodness I had all of you here sending prayers and good thoughts to her!  I appreciate all the posts wishing us well and will now go back and see what's going on with the Daily today.  Thanks!!

Thanks so much for letting us know.  Glad your sister has such good doctors and has come out of her surgery correctly.  Praying for her to have quick and easy recovery and for your niece’s fight with cancer 🙏🏻 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, kazu said:

Thanks so much for letting us know.  Glad your sister has such good doctors and has come out of her surgery correctly.  Praying for her to have quick and easy recovery and for your niece’s fight with cancer 🙏🏻 

Thank you Jacqui,  my niece Lisa is a trooper!  And Sister is doing well for an 80 year old with several other health issues.  We are blessed.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Wow, what an ordeal! Thank goodness it all worked out and she came through with flying colours!

• Like 2