Sailing August

Welcome to Cruise Critic. (from lurking :classic_biggrin:) We don't know for sure WHEN Royal Caribbean will begin sailing again out of the United States. :classic_biggrin:

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Poonya said:

Does anyone know if RCCL is sailing in August 2021 out of Port Everglades, Florida?

They may be, but might not be your ship, depends on what ships and itineraries they want to run.

Edited by Jimbo

The goalposts with this pandemic have changed constantly. Think about all the BS us sheeple have been fed. It’s not dangerous, it didn’t come from China so don’t shutdown their travel it’s xenophobic, don’t wear a mask, oh we lied so you could die and not hoard the PPE for frontline workers, two weeks to slow the curb, we need years to do scientific research on all treatments so don’t take anything that is cheap that could help you live, it will take years to come up with a vaccine, masks are better then the vaccine, I don’t trust the vaccine, it is way too dangerous for kids to be in school yet more die yearly from the flu, the only way we will get past this is everyone get the vaccine, now after you get the vaccine wear your dirty masks and socially distance to be patriotic.

This will go on forever because the people in power are obsessed with having power over us all.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Biker19 said:

That is the longest lurking poster I've ever seen on CC!

7 hours ago, Missusdubbya said:

So much restraint 😀

Takes alot of courage to post on this board. Takes time to build that up. Some longer then others 🙂

Edited by Jimbo
  • Haha 1

I'm beginning to think the cruiselines arent making any progress toward restarting. Im booked sept and feeling very pessimistic...and yes it's out of Galveston and the vista, one of the first 3 carnival says supposed to go. We should be seeing a lot more signs of restarting if they really are serious about restarting. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Poonya said:

Does anyone know if RCCL is sailing in August 2021 out of Port Everglades, Florida?

Welcome to Cruise Critic - I see that this is your first post. Most folks will be helpful with answering questions and giving advise. If you look on the main page for Royal Caribbean you will find lots of topics on all kinds questions and issues. Check some of those out for more general information and for specific questions - do like you did - start a thread.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I'm beginning to think the cruiselines arent making any progress toward restarting. Im booked sept and feeling very pessimistic...and yes it's out of Galveston and the vista, one of the first 3 carnival says supposed to go. We should be seeing a lot more signs of restarting if they really are serious about restarting. 

There is no question in my mind that there is zero progress being made. The “road to restart” the CDC has paved is nearly impossible to traverse. 

I believe all sides are sitting on their hands until the hearing on Wednesday 

35 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

There is no question in my mind that there is zero progress being made. The “road to restart” the CDC has paved is nearly impossible to traverse. 

I believe all sides are sitting on their hands until the hearing on Wednesday 

I see that the "cruising from Florida" thread has disappeared...........it got a bit testy!!!!!!!! Not surprised!!!!

14 hours ago, Junkhouse said:

The goalposts with this pandemic have changed constantly. Think about all the BS us sheeple have been fed. It’s not dangerous, it didn’t come from China so don’t shutdown their travel it’s xenophobic, don’t wear a mask, oh we lied so you could die and not hoard the PPE for frontline workers, two weeks to slow the curb, we need years to do scientific research on all treatments so don’t take anything that is cheap that could help you live, it will take years to come up with a vaccine, masks are better then the vaccine, I don’t trust the vaccine, it is way too dangerous for kids to be in school yet more die yearly from the flu, the only way we will get past this is everyone get the vaccine, now after you get the vaccine wear your dirty masks and socially distance to be patriotic.

This will go on forever because the people in power are obsessed with having power over us all.

And even when the mask mandate goes away soon, there is talk to BRING IT BACK during flu season.

Eddie

• Like 1

I just don't see how cruising will be taking place this summer.... I just watched this recent video which does a nice job of explaining what the CDC is requiring... you might want to watch and then ask yourself two questions:

1) will my sailing really take place out of Fl, TX or NJ in July, Aug

2) do I really want to experience something like what is outlined in this video and do I want to actually pay for that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WCctivrwFI

Candidly we are on a Nassau sailing and if they are following these guidelines... I really wonder if I want to go... I just hope they will not be following some of the more ridiculous requirements

• Like 1

My answers to your questions:

1) Most likely not

2) NO - a fully vaccinated crew and passengers should not be subject to such restrictions. I have more freedom here in Florida - our County (St. Lucie) has dropped the mask mandates.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Eddie Wilson said:

there is talk to BRING IT BACK during flu season.

Never better said IMHO.  Government over reach is rampant, sorry but you cannot discuss cruising without that aspect of what's happening.  People were killing themselves like squashing June bugs for decades and nobody cared, all of a sudden a virus comes along and voila, it's suddenly the government's responsibility to stop people from dying by taking over their complete existance.  Where were they when thousands were dying from drugs, alcohol, you name it...death is death.  What's the difference?  Election year... Of course this is only my opinion.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

My answers to your questions:

1) Most likely not

2) NO - a fully vaccinated crew and passengers should not be subject to such restrictions. I have more freedom here in Florida - our County (St. Lucie) has dropped the mask mandates.

I have final payment coming soon for cruise out of Nassau... and I am seriously considering cancelling if they plan on following these... just not sure my adventurous spirit can handle these restrictions for a week. Especially knowing how remote the chance is to get or give the virus...  Just hate to waste the travel insurance costs... I need to investigate this a bit more before abandoning plans

1 minute ago, kearney said:

I have final payment coming soon for cruise out of Nassau... and I am seriously considering cancelling if they plan on following these... just not sure my adventurous spirit can handle these restrictions for a week. Especially knowing how remote the chance is to get or give the virus...  Just hate to waste the travel insurance costs... I need to investigate this a bit more before abandoning plans

We have a 7/3 cruise on the Celebrity Edge and a B2B in August on the Allure.............5% chance on the Edge and about a 20% chance on the Allures. Our plans are to take a 125% FCC on the Edge and apply it to an already booked May cruise in 2022. The Allures are another story - will discuss with our TA when funds are due.

We looked at the Royal and Celebrity sailings outside of the US and decided to pass because of too many unknowns and the costs of travel (flying & hotel). I do have to say that the Celebrity cruises from St. Maarten had some good itineraries.

9 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

I do have to say that the Celebrity cruises from St. Maarten had some good itineraries.

This may be a good option for our Sept. Allure also if they cancel it, but we do still have an Edge reservation as well, maybe we can transfer the refund to it. We were thinking of transferring that one to the new Celebrity ship.  Pretty freekin expensive though.  Thx for the idea.

Edited by BecciBoo

2 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

This may be a good option for our Sept. Allure also if they cancel it, but we do still have an Edge reservation as well, maybe we can transfer the refund to it. We were thinking of transferring that one to the new Celebrity ship.  Pretty freekin expensive though.  Thx for the idea.

We had the Edge booked for 7/3 & 10 for our anniversary.................when we went to make final payment our TA was told by "X" that our B2B was not allowed from the CSO that expires on 10/31 - so they automatically cancelled our 7/10 and sent us a refund for the original deposit. We paid the 7/3 off knowing that most likely it would be cancelled and apply the 125% FCC to our Hawaii cruise in May of 2022.

We typically book our cruises when itineraries first come out - so L&S is almost impossible for us to use because of the date / ship / itinerary restrictions.

2 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

We typically book our cruises when itineraries first come out - so L&S is almost impossible for us to use because of the date / ship / itinerary restrictions.

We too.  We have had our $40 deposit on Edge for more than a year and a half.  One of those reduced deposit specials.  Celebrity is our favorite just because of Al Baccio!  I love to sit in there drink lattes and eat chocolate croissant. Love their latte art!  But it's all in limbo now!  But with Beyond coming out next year it sounds like a good time to switch.  But, when I looked she was sky high! even for interiors, more than we've ever paid for a balcony even Alaska!  Maybe we can look at 2023 soon, that would probably be the safest bet....I think🤪

12 hours ago, cruise wizard said:

Voluntary?

Not sure, but....... if the CDC recommends masks during flu season, do you think some states and / or governors will exec order it?

And as follow up REQUIRE on cruise ships?

Eddie

Edited by Eddie Wilson