OK...It's now May 10th...When will Royal cancel July cruises?

26 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Not really, customers faced the same issues with a cancelation pre-COVID and RCI typicaly provided even less compensation. 

What were the chances of a cruise line getting cancelled after final payment pre-covid?

Infinitely small I would think.

Their problem now is they are screwing around a hell of a lot of people.

True that a lot of people will forget about it.

But lots of those people will remember that RC could have been much better at this time.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Daithi2021 said:

We had to make final payment for a 11th July cruise with RC.

We will lose money on other things we have booked before and after the cruise if it doesnt go ahead now.

And today I have to make a decision to cancel whatever else I can cancel around it or i lose that money too.  But we will lose money at this point no matter what we do, thanks to RC.

All the while, RC could have confirmed whether or not the cruise is going ahead, but wouldnt.

Think we are on same cruise as you. We are booked b2b Harmony 4th and 11th July.  We have 5 rooms booked, 7 are new cruisers so do understand the frustration of not knowing.

I really do think RC want to sail and are trying to get approval from Spain or other governments as may need itinerary change. They could maybe also be waiting to see who goes on UK green list.  If they had no intenton of  sailing I think the ship would be heading back to Florida with Odyssey 

22 minutes ago, ryansmum said:

If they had no intenton of  sailing I think the ship would be heading back to Florida with Odyssey 

Would love to see Harmony follow Odyssey to the US. We are scheduled on Harmony in Mid September, we sure don't want to go to Europe at this time with so many issue looming. I mean, really how can you get excited for a cruise over there at this time with so many unknowns... We rather lift and shift again to 2022. We would be very happy if they canceled and moved the ship to anywhere.

This makes me think it's going to be a go though.

NCL Epic has this scheduled for a September 8th sailing as the first one they are offering. I think your July sailings will definitely not sail.

7-Day Western Mediterranean from Rome (Civitavecchia)

Day Cruise Ports Arrive Depart
Wed Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy (EMBARK) --- 7:00 pm
Thu Naples, Italy 6:00 am 5:00 pm
Fri Cagliari, Sardinia 9:00 am 4:00 pm
Sat Palma, Majorca, Spain 11:00 am 8:00 pm
Sun Barcelona, Spain 5:00 am 6:00 pm
Mon At Sea --- ---
Tue Florence/Pisa (Livorno), Italy 6:00 am 7:00 pm
Wed Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy (DISEMBARK) 6:00 am ---

Royal are still selling Rhapsody for early July from Ravenna. The selling of this cruise must be pretty close to being fraudulent as there can be zero possibility of Rhapsody being taken across to Europe for July and in my view once July is gone there is no point in bothering taking Rhapsody across to the Med for what is left of the European summer season. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, exm said:

Am I the only one thinking that ships will start sailing Sat 7/30?

Nobody will argue that month/day.  What 'year' may be a different discussion.

Edited by bucfan2
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, HalifaxYorksCruiser said:

The selling of this cruise must be pretty close to being fraudulent as there can be zero possibility of Rhapsody being taken across to Europe for July

RCI has been "fraudulently" selling cruises for the past 15 months.

• Like 9

16 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

RCI has been "fraudulently" selling cruises for the past 15 months.

And people were booking them thinking there was 100% chance that they would sail. I remember last year at this time people were booking for July 2020 and I was being called a pessimist for not thinking that they would sail.  Also remember comments like the cruise lines will go under if sailings don't start by the summer. So is it fraud if you truly believe the cruise is a go?   I think all of those glass half full people had a glass half full of Vodka.

Edited by Iamcruzin
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Would love to see Harmony follow Odyssey to the US. We are scheduled on Harmony in Mid September, we sure don't want to go to Europe at this time with so many issue looming. I mean, really how can you get excited for a cruise over there at this time with so many unknowns... We rather lift and shift again to 2022. We would be very happy if they canceled and moved the ship to anywhere.

I know you would as your first European trip but many this side of the pond are keen on sailing.  We've had vaccines  so don't feel it would be too risky  but I'd  be happy sailing without any ports just looking to get back on a ship. Just hoping a decision is made soon 😎

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ryansmum said:

. Just hoping a decision is made soon 😎

We are ALL hoping that !! I hust hope too that it is not just month by month.........I need to know for the whole season is a go or not so I can adjust my plans accordingly.

Edited by Jimbo

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

I live in Europe so would love an RC ship to actually sail from somewhere I can get to easily. Sailing from the tiny island of Cyprus with poor air connections beggars belief. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Daithi2021 said:

RC seem to think that people are just into it for the cruise fare when planning a cruise holiday.

Many people have booked flights, hotels, airb&bs, activities and trips for the weeks either side of their cruise as they are not even from the place where the cruise is leaving.

Theses things all cost money and must be cancelled, losing deposits etc, if not cancelled within 60 days of the booking.  So what do you do cancel everything else and cruise goes ahead, or keep everything else and have a hole in the middle if the cruise doesnt go ahead.

Its shocking behavior from RC.

We will lose money on other things we have booked before and after the cruise if it doesnt go ahead now.

And today I have to make a decision to cancel whatever else I can cancel around it or i lose that money too.  But we will lose money at this point no matter what we do, thanks to RC.

All the while, RC could have confirmed whether or not the cruise is going ahead, but wouldnt.

So after their behavior im afraid our almost 20 years of cruising multiple times per year with RC must come to an end.

We will find someone else to cruise with from now on.

I get all of the extra expenses that go along with a cruise especially if you have to fly to port. However, I don't understand the attomosity towards the cruise line because you made the decision to book a cruise during a 15 month pandemic. With the CWC policy the ball has been in your court all of this time. There was a greater chance that the cruise wouldn't happen than there was that it would go. Plenty have planned and took land vacations even in the thick of the pandemic.  Even if they canceled the cruise rest assured that you won't see a refund for months.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Iamcruzin said:

And people were booking them thinking there was 100% chance that they would sail. I remember last year at this time people were booking for July 2020 and I was being called a pessimist for not thinking that they would sail.  Also remember comments like the cruise lines will go under if sailings don't start by the summer. So is it fraud if you truly believe the cruise is a go?   I think all of those glass half full people had a glass half full of Vodka.

While waiting for our July cruise to get cancelled I booked a 4 day for the end of Sept.  Price was pretty good and it's only an hour drive down to PC for us so if it doesn't go we aren't really out anything.  Now I am just waiting for July to get cancelled.  Hoping I can do a second shift into 2022

• Like 1

The thing that is so frustrating is the fact that as we get close to a cruise date, in our case July 9th, that Royal can't just cancel or confirm.  Is it  fraudulent to hold onto my money for 3 booked cabins?  Perhaps.  For sure it is unethical.  RCCL has to remember...the way they treat their customers will way in people's minds moving forward past the pandemic period.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Coochuck said:

The thing that is so frustrating is the fact that as we get close to a cruise date, in our case July 9th, that Royal can't just cancel or confirm.  Is it  fraudulent to hold onto my money for 3 booked cabins?  Perhaps.  For sure it is unethical.  RCCL has to remember...the way they treat their customers will way in people's minds moving forward past the pandemic period.  

I agree.  Not everyone lives an hour from the port.  We need to make plans for animals if we are leaving, airline tickets, hotel reservations, etc.  There is so much more to this than getting on the boat.  A lot of preparation goes into a trip and to sit and wait is pretty irritating.  I’m sorry but they know what will happen. In order to get a crew and set the ship up to sail it will take time. They have to start this process for a ship like Symphony to sail with loads of people far in advance. If they have not started it will not sail. So they have to know one way or the other.  Putting tons of people on a ship to house and feed is not a split second decision.  Just make the announcement already so we can plan accordingly!!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, molly361 said:

While waiting for our July cruise to get cancelled I booked a 4 day for the end of Sept.  Price was pretty good and it's only an hour drive down to PC for us so if it doesn't go we aren't really out anything.  Now I am just waiting for July to get cancelled.  Hoping I can do a second shift into 2022

If I was retired living in Florida I would be doing the same thing.  These others who have a more complicated situation with hotels and flights should have just gone with the CWC offer and made other plans.  They had to know at a certain point that cruising startup was going to be a logistics nightmare and that it wasn't going to just get turned on like a light switch. I'm sorry but seeing what was happening over the past 15 months with cancellations and untimely deposit refunds should have sent up some type of signal. If you can hang out and just wait to be canceled and not have to worry about canceling other arrangements it's not a problem. 

Edited by Iamcruzin
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, Daithi2021 said:

RC seem to think that people are just into it for the cruise fare when planning a cruise holiday.

Many people have booked flights, hotels, airb&bs, activities and trips for the weeks either side of their cruise as they are not even from the place where the cruise is leaving.

Theses things all cost money and must be cancelled, losing deposits etc, if not cancelled within 60 days of the booking.  So what do you do cancel everything else and cruise goes ahead, or keep everything else and have a hole in the middle if the cruise doesnt go ahead.

Its shocking behavior from RC.

So after their behavior im afraid our almost 20 years of cruising multiple times per year with RC must come to an end.

We will find someone else to cruise with from now on.

As nothing has been certain for anyone traveling the last 15 months, hopefully you booked refundable airfare, hotel, excursions, etc.      It's not the cruise lines fault, they are all struggling to get restarted and at the mercy of either the CDC or other government agencies in other countries.     I read posts on HAL and other lines and same complaints going on there that are going on here.   Actually sounds like Royal is doing better as far as refunds and FCC's that other cruise lines. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Iamcruzin said:

If I was retired living in Florida I would be doing the same thing.  These others who have a more complicated situation with hotels and flights should have just gone with the CWC offer and made other plans.  They had to know at a certain point that cruising startup was going to be a logistics nightmare and that it wasn't going to just get turned on like a light switch. I'm sorry but seeing what was happening over the past 15 months with cancellations and untimely deposit refunds should have sent up some type of signal. If you can hang out and just wait to be canceled and not have to worry about canceling other arrangements it's not a problem. 

It is not just people coming to Florida to cruise (I realize that is not what you said.), we have reservations to travel to NY/NJ to sail on the Oasis in August which was booked way over a year ago.  That involves travel there (from Florida), hotels, parking reservations, etc.  We would love if we knew if it was going to happen. 

Like you have stated, we are waiting. We just want to know where we will be celebrating our 45th anniversary and that uncertainty is frustrating.

13 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

As nothing has been certain for anyone traveling the last 15 months, hopefully you booked refundable airfare, hotel, excursions, etc.      It's not the cruise lines fault, they are all struggling to get restarted and at the mercy of either the CDC or other government agencies in other countries.     I read posts on HAL and other lines and same complaints going on there that are going on here.   Actually sounds like Royal is doing better as far as refunds and FCC's that other cruise lines. 

Our cruise was booked long before the pandemic started.

We live on a small Island.  Its not so easy to get to Barcelona these days for us.

Then there are people who had to arrange holidays from work etc.

Also there is the prospect now that if you leave the Island, when you come home you have to pay thousands to stay in a room in a hotel for two weeks.

Not to mention most of the population here wont be vaccinated until September/October.

For a lot of people its not as simple as hopping in a car and driving to the cruise port.

Edited by Daithi2021

I noticed last night that the app has populated cruise planner items (excursions and onboard activities) on Harmony's European sailings through July and the first half of August.

Obviously you can't read too much into what's on the app; it currently shows ship time for Harmony as being east coast US, when in fact she's in the western Med right now,  but I thought it was interesting to see anyway. 

29 minutes ago, Daithi2021 said:

Not to mention most of the population here wont be vaccinated until September/October.

For a lot of people its not as simple as hopping in a car and driving to the cruise port.

Not sure where you are, but in the UK

more than 70% of adults  have had their first jabs and almost 50% their second. 

It's true that it will probably be September before all adults have had both jabs (my 30 year old son has his second booked in August) but the take up rate in older adults (and hopefully in younger adults too) has been remarkable high.  

We'll keep an eye on sailcations from Southampton, see how they pan out and maybe try one in late August or September 

Screenshot_20210528-082726_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by sgmn