OK...It's now May 10th...When will Royal cancel July cruises?

So I follow RC on Twitter and they get multiple questions about sailing over the summer. I have noticed their subtle change of wording on responses. They used to say “we plan to resume operations starting July 1st” on all their reply’s. Now it “our hope is to resume sailings in July”. Maybe I am reading into this too much. But I think they obviously know what’s going to happen.

• Like 7

If they have to run every single ship on "Test" cruises, and only have authorization for one ship so far....there is little to no chance that my ship (Symphony/mid July) will sail on 17 July.  I wish they would just cancel instead of holding our money hostage.  Unless they are miracle workers, there is little chance they can sort all of this out by then.  Am I wrong?

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, ATLfuzzy said:

If they have to run every single ship on "Test" cruises, and only have authorization for one ship so far....there is little to no chance that my ship (Symphony/mid July) will sail on 17 July.  I wish they would just cancel instead of holding our money hostage.  Unless they are miracle workers, there is little chance they can sort all of this out by then.  Am I wrong?

I am on same July 17 Symphony cruise. Symphony is currently in Cadiz, Spain in dry dock. When it gets out of dry dock, it is a 10 day trip to Miami. How much longer will it be in dry dock? Is the crew vaccinated? Do they have a full crew hired for July resumption of sailing? And yes there has to be a test sailing before it can resume revenue sailings. 

We are 50 days away from July 17. lets say we are optimistic and the Symphony gets out of dry dock next Friday, June 4th. 10 day sail to Miami puts us at June 14th. When is proposed test sailing? Every day that passes that Symphony sits in Cadiz, the math becomes less and less possible for a July 17th sailing

Royal knows this. They already have a plan for Symphony but they are now acting in bad faith by not providing a clear announcement of their plans to FULLY paid passengers. Very poor customer service that takes loyal customers for granted. I, for one, will remember this disregard for customers when choosing my next cruise provider

• Like 7

1 hour ago, UNCFanatik said:

I am on same July 17 Symphony cruise. Symphony is currently in Cadiz, Spain in dry dock. When it gets out of dry dock, it is a 10 day trip to Miami. How much longer will it be in dry dock? Is the crew vaccinated? Do they have a full crew hired for July resumption of sailing? And yes there has to be a test sailing before it can resume revenue sailings. 

We are 50 days away from July 17. lets say we are optimistic and the Symphony gets out of dry dock next Friday, June 4th. 10 day sail to Miami puts us at June 14th. When is proposed test sailing? Every day that passes that Symphony sits in Cadiz, the math becomes less and less possible for a July 17th sailing

Royal knows this. They already have a plan for Symphony but they are now acting in bad faith by not providing a clear announcement of their plans to FULLY paid passengers. Very poor customer service that takes loyal customers for granted. I, for one, will remember this disregard for customers when choosing my next cruise provider

Yesssssss yessssssss and all of this yesssssssssssssss.  If they would cancel or say something, I MAY book another ship, one that has a higher chance of going.  I only have that one week of vacation off.  If there are zero chances, I will just do a land trip to Costa Rica and be done with it. I just can't tie up any more $$$$$$$ based on speculation.    

• Like 5

Royal just had the cheek to email me and tell me my final payment for July is overdue.

My cruise is overdue by over a year, thank you very much.

Im tempted to just get a total refund rather than let them keep my money for a year because there is no way July is sailing and at this rate neither with August at least in Europe. 

I have a feeling they will be giving away Allure 2022 anyway because the price is already low so Lift and Shift isnt much cop either.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So still thinking our July 1st out of Baltimore will not sail.  BUT they just went to the effort in the past 5 days of changing our itinerary, so why would they do that, if it isn't going to sail???

6 minutes ago, NJsharon said:

So still thinking our July 1st out of Baltimore will not sail.  BUT they just went to the effort in the past 5 days of changing our itinerary, so why would they do that, if it isn't going to sail???

I don't even see a 9 day cruise out of Baltimore listed on the Royal's site or ant other cruise sites.........I think all those 9 day cruises were axed months ago.

40 minutes ago, Kokomo91165 said:

Trying to access my Symphony July 3rd reservation and it is locked. Even cruise planner says Not Available. Anyone else having this issue?  Curious if cancellation coming tomorrow 😞 

I have a July 3rd on Indy out of Miami and it's still letting me pick stuff from the Cruise Planner and will let me finalize the purchase.  So out of curiosity, I did a mock booking for Symphony on July 3rd and it lets me choose from a lot of staterooms and lets me get all the way to the payment page.   

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

I don't even see a 9 day cruise out of Baltimore listed on the Royal's site or ant other cruise sites.........I think all those 9 day cruises were axed months ago.

It was pulled from the website months ago but not canceled yet. I am also booked on this sailing. It was our lift & shift from 2020. It shows up in our planner but no where else, not booking sites or the port schedule. 

49 minutes ago, Kokomo91165 said:

Trying to access my Symphony July 3rd reservation and it is locked. Even cruise planner says Not Available. Anyone else having this issue?  Curious if cancellation coming tomorrow 😞 

When I look on CruisingPower 3 July SY is still showing categories as available, so the cruise itself is not locked....unlike my August 21 Symphony cruise which is completely CLOSED.

The 14 August SY cruise is very interesting on CP.  There are no categories showing as available except for 3 different guarantee categories....but at least it is still showing on the website.  21 August isn't even there anymore.  It shows 14 August and the next one is 29 August.  So much for my next Star Class cruise on SY.  😪

1 minute ago, cmsjab said:

It was pulled from the website months ago but not canceled yet. I am also booked on this sailing. It was our lift & shift from 2020. It shows up in our planner but no where else, not booking sites or the port schedule. 

Are they allowing those people to book things on the cruise planner.............if the answer is no, then I think there is NOchance of it sailing.........if it allows you to book things.......then I say you have about a 10% of the sailing going off as scheduled.

9 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Are they allowing those people to book things on the cruise planner.............if the answer is no, then I think there is NOchance of it sailing.........if it allows you to book things.......then I say you have about a 10% of the sailing going off as scheduled.

I have not tried to book anything in the cruise planner yet. Just waiting. 
A few weeks ago the log in page changed the dates to July1-7 but when you go into the planner, the dates are the original July 1-10. So again, waiting. 
Just started a planner purchase and was not stopped. So waiting.

Edited by cmsjab

19 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

When I look on CruisingPower 3 July SY is still showing categories as available, so the cruise itself is not locked....unlike my August 21 Symphony cruise which is completely CLOSED.

The 14 August SY cruise is very interesting on CP.  There are no categories showing as available except for 3 different guarantee categories....but at least it is still showing on the website.  21 August isn't even there anymore.  It shows 14 August and the next one is 29 August.  So much for my next Star Class cruise on SY.  😪

It is very strange that some of the dates in August are open to book for Symphony except for the August 21st sailing.  While that is the only 8N sailing in August for Symphony, there is no longer a ban on sailing longer than 7N. So what’s really up with that date. 
I hate it doesn’t come to it, but with Spain opening up for Cruises in June and the fact that Symphony is already there for dry dock makes me wonder if Royal will keep her there for the summer. Perhaps then we can L&S to Odyssey assuming she also sails in July and beyond. 
Like you, we were also looking forward to the 8N S. Caribbean on Symphony. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

My guess is an announcement at noon on Wednesday, released and discussed on the TA webinar simultaneously.

I don't think anyone even has to consult a crystal ball for that prediction.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

My guess is an announcement at noon on Wednesday, released and discussed on the TA webinar simultaneously.

43 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

I don't think anyone even has to consult a crystal ball for that prediction.

They announced during last weeks webinar that there won't be a webinar this week. 

19 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

It may take RCI some time to fix their system to account for changes.

Yeah that may be part of it. However It would be great if they did like Carnival and send their customers a letter about their 8N sailings. 
Anyway let’s hope some good news is around the corner. 

4 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Our 9 day July 30 out of Bayonne is not listed but I have been told nothing, I can't afford two vacations so I wish they would just let us know it is canceled so I can move on with my family. We are limited with our time due to school.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Retired LEO said:

They announced during last weeks webinar that there won't be a webinar this week. 

How convient.........I guess they are getting tired when travel agents ask them about when they are going to finalize all ships and sailing dates.

I mean really how many times can you keep saying we are looking at it and will update you later.