What is your favorite sandwich on or off of a cruise ship

Seamus6

17 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

Thanks!  That's funny.  At least there is a slice of light Rye at the top of the thing.  

Mill Basin gets there Rye from a special bakery in New Rochelle....So tasty...also great toasted & buttered.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/3/2022 at 10:59 AM, lenquixote66 said:

I have a cousin who owns a wholesale food business that supplies many restaurants and caterers in NYC,Westchester and LI .

Hi Lenny, do they ship that rye bread out of state?

22 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

My cousin’s company only supplies restaurants and caterers and in NY and NJ only.

How are you doing ,Lois R ?

Hi Lenny, doing ok, thanks🙂....I miss having a good rye bread!!!

54 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Move to NYC.I used to know a Sculpterer living in Jacksonville who moved there from Brooklyn,NY .She would be in her 80’s but I cannot recall her name.

LOL....we have a population of 1 million......I doubt I know her. And I cannot move LOL

13 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Google best rye bread in Jacksonville.I just did .

I did too....many of the places I am seeing do not sell bread by the loaf but I am seeing some places for the first time.......I will continue my search.

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

I did too....many of the places I am seeing do not sell bread by the loaf but I am seeing some places for the first time.......I will continue my search.

I hope you find a place.I love rye bread.My late mother in law worked in a bakery and if I picked her up and took her home I was given all the bread and cakes that I could hold.

1 hour ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:

Zingerman’s in Miami…$10.00 per loaf mailed in two days. 

Hi CGT, I will look at that........thanks🙂

The only one I found is up in Ann Arbor, Michigan........

On 10/30/2022 at 12:18 AM, BklynBoy8 said:

Jewish Rye..

Still learning, what makes Jewish Rye so good and different from commercial Rye Bread?

1 hour ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:

Zingerman’s in Miami…$10.00 per loaf mailed in two days. 

I accessed that web site and the bread sounds "interesting".  But, $10/loaf?  

3 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

Still learning, what makes Jewish Rye so good and different from commercial Rye Bread?

I accessed that web site and the bread sounds "interesting".  But, $10/loaf?  

Stick that loaf in the freezer and it will last for months…worth every penny.  We have to pay around $6.00 for an artisan loaf so $10.00 doesn’t sound so bad.  

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

Since wheat is widely available and relatively inexpensive in the United States, Jewish rye bread has evolved to have very little rye in it at all. Most often the rye is found only in the sour, which is then added to the dough of wheat flour, water, salt, and commercial yeast.

• Thanks 1

Good morning, well, I called Zingerman's and they ship all over the country. I actually ordered 1 loaf of the Jewish Rye to try.  Will let you know what I think after it arrives.  It was a bit pricey but I am ok with it.......10.00 for the loaf + shipping......

And I called a local place that bakes their own breads/pastries, etc......they have a restaurant too. They do bake breads to order and I ordered a loaf from them to try as well. 5.50/loaf.

Someone earlier mentioned Kroger's, we don't have a retail store here but I have seen their trucks making deliveries in my condo community.  I think they have a brand called Levy's.....I may try that too.....checking on that rye, it is not listed.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Good morning, well, I called Zingerman's and they ship all over the country. I actually ordered 1 loaf of the Jewish Rye to try.  Will let you know what I think after it arrives.  It was a bit pricey but I am ok with it.......10.00 for the loaf + shipping......

And I called a local place that bakes their own breads/pastries, etc......they have a restaurant too. They do bake breads to order and I ordered a loaf from them to try as well. 5.50/loaf.

Someone earlier mentioned Kroger's, we don't have a retail store here but I have seen their trucks making deliveries in my condo community.  I think they have a brand called Levy's.....I may try that too.....checking on that rye, it is not listed.

Try googling Zuckers in Plainview,NY to find out if they ship to your area .If they do not they should be able to tell you who you can contact.We buy from them in person and the rye bread is delicious.

Edited by lenquixote66