NHS App

amajaa

22 minutes ago, MX-Drew said:

What that have achieved took now more than 5 minutes of programming. It always amazes me how a tiny bit of programming pleases so many people but months of work goes unnoticed.

I say this as someone who has a background in programming.😉

Probably fair comment, but lets face it, at times, as a country, we have not surpassed ourselves when it comes to the implementation of new computer systems ( and I accept that the CV19 records was just writing a line of code) 

12 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

I accept that but from experience over the last 10 years there are very few ports with good quality free wi fi, especially with thousands of cruise ship passengers all trying to gain access at the same time.

If we manage to start cruising again I hope my new 2gb/month data with Sky rollover will enable me to get much better access to the internet when I want it.

I’m sure the Sky WiFi will work out for you, I switched from a £25pm o2 contract to a £10pm 10GB Sky package.  
I know we have “Stayed Home” so useage is lower than normality would allow, but I’m using less than half GB a month at present. 
the fact that data rolls over has seen me amass quite a lot. 

15 minutes ago, amajaa said:

So finally I have been approved and can now see vaccine info. So that took from Friday afternoon till Tuesday lunchtime. I guess it was a bit longer because of the weekend.

Was you in a rush.If so, you could have got the app a month ago.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, amajaa said:

So finally I have been approved and can now see vaccine info. So that took from Friday afternoon till Tuesday lunchtime. I guess it was a bit longer because of the weekend.

I installed the app this afternoon with my NHS number and a picture of my driving licence and 10 minutes later, I received an email to tell me I am approved. Within three minutes, my GP practice emailed to tell me I can use it. Technology seems to work in mysterious ways sometimes.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, zap99 said:

Was you in a rush.If so, you could have got the app a month ago.

No but as I started the thread about having to be approved I thought I would post when it happened. No rush, not going anywhere yet.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, pete14 said:

I installed the app this afternoon with my NHS number and a picture of my driving licence and 10 minutes later, I received an email to tell me I am approved. Within three minutes, my GP practice emailed to tell me I can use it. Technology seems to work in mysterious ways sometimes.

Same here, but used my passport. Took about 5 minutes to be approved. Downloaded pdf of covid vaccination record as invited and stored in Books for offline reference. Only snag; pdf certificate only valid until 20 June, so will need to check that still valid for each overseas trip and download again if necessary. The NHS works in mysterious ways.

Edited by Denarius
clarification

2 hours ago, Denarius said:

Same here, but used my passport. Took about 5 minutes to be approved. Downloaded pdf of covid vaccination record as invited and stored in Books for offline reference. Only snag; pdf certificate only valid until 20 June, so will need to check that still valid for each overseas trip and download again if necessary. The NHS works in mysterious ways.

Just noticed that the expiry date of 20 June is also shown on the vaccination certificate in the app. Apologies for the oversight. Can anyone make any sense of this? Stranger and stranger!

My app shows the qr code proving I've had both shots, but also allows me to have a copy emailed to me and also allows me to download a pdf copy . I've done both and will print a copy too. 2  belts and braces😀

1 hour ago, suekay said:

My app shows the qr code proving I've had both shots, but also allows me to have a copy emailed to me and also allows me to download a pdf copy . I've done both and will print a copy too. 2  belts and braces😀

Only worth it if you're traveling before the 20th June at the moment. Note the expiry date.

• Like 1

At last, I just checked the app and both of my jabs are now there with the QR code, maybe emailing my practice had the desired effect or they were just really busy. I won't download the pdf until late July for my August cruise 😁

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

My dh has tried to download this app keeps asking for video but then won't accept it. It is either too long or too short. Tried numerous times still won't work any ideas. It accepted me straight away with no passport photo or video, is this because I am registered on our drs online services and he isn't.