NCL Encore entertainment? Replacement of Kinky Boots

I saw something that said Kinky Boots was being replaced for the new sailings as the show will be too difficult to get ready by Fall. Does anyone know what it is being replaced with? Will Choir of Man still be available ( so great)? We are hoping to sail with family on Thanksgiving week.

If I had to guess, it might end up being one of the non-licensed shows: shorter, lower production values, no leads or roles to cast (other than vocal range), much easier to crank out with an easily rotatable cast in-house. 

Hopefully something more along the lines of Blazing Boots and not World Beat (which remains the worst show I've ever seen, on any line, ever). 

• Like 1

Not being replaced, what was said (and it is on the NCL Embark show, go watch it, great watch) was that it would be the longest to get started up.  Also, looking at the ship details, Encore is one of the last ships starting up.  The timing lines up for it.

• Like 1

Ok, That's helpful. Yes I did watch the Embark show but must of missed the detail. And I really liked Blazing Boots so that would great too.  ( of course I would love if it was Jersey Boys. ) If you want to watch dreadful shows go on Celebrity. 

1 hour ago, Treasure Hunter said:

Ok, That's helpful. Yes I did watch the Embark show but must of missed the detail. And I really liked Blazing Boots so that would great too.  ( of course I would love if it was Jersey Boys. ) If you want to watch dreadful shows go on Celebrity. 

Currently what shows up on NCL website for the Encore (Kinky Boots, not Blazing Boots): Of course, things could change!

Raise the roof every night at our spectacular shows. Winner of six Tony Awards®, Kinky Boots is a must-see Broadway hit. Sing along to classic rock hits at The Choir Of Man or step into a New Orleans speakeasy at Happy Hour Prohibition: The Musical.

11 hours ago, Seany527 said:

I wish they would change Footloose on the Joy. I’d rather sit through The Hall of Presidents at WDW.  

It is worse than "Wine Lovers: The Musical"?  That was the most painful dinner show ever....and we paid extra for it!

• Like 1

I saw Footloose when it toured immediately after its Broadway Run as part of the season subscription at the Fabulous Fox in Atlanta. It is the ONLY show I have ever walked out of. I also asked for, and received, a refund. Great film, shite show.  NCL must have gotten a great deal on the licensing. 

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72

• 1 month later...

Would anyone happen to have an idea when these shows are scheduled on the Encore? I only see reservations for Choir of Man. It would be nice to know ahead of time for making other plans.  We aren't going until October so maybe we won't know until the cruises start sailing. Thanks!  

29 minutes ago, MsMaybelline said:

Would anyone happen to have an idea when these shows are scheduled on the Encore? I only see reservations for Choir of Man. It would be nice to know ahead of time for making other plans.  We aren't going until October so maybe we won't know until the cruises start sailing. Thanks!  

It's still a bit of a question mark! I'm on the August 7 Encore sailing. We've been able to make specialty restaurant reservations from the usual 120-day mark but the shows could not be booked. Okay, we had to re-do our reservations when we got switched from Bliss to Encore but such is life.

A couple days ago, reservations finally opened for Choir of Man (day 2 and day 6, 7:30 pm and 10:00 pm). Kinky Boots is listed but is still not available to book. Based on earlier discussion in this thread, it's possible that NCL will not have the show ready in time for Encore's return.

Oooooh, maybe we can get Jersey Boys on loan from Bliss.

• Like 1

I just booked the September 4th sailing yesterday and Kinky Boots is bookable for Sunday and Monday at 7:30pm and 10:30pm while Choir of Man is available Thursday and Friday at 7:30pm and 10pm. So it looks like both will be onboard (I have seen both but booked Choir of Man since it is my absolute favorite).

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, debenson0723 said:

I just booked the September 4th sailing yesterday and Kinky Boots is bookable for Sunday and Monday at 7:30pm and 10:30pm while Choir of Man is available Thursday and Friday at 7:30pm and 10pm. So it looks like both will be onboard (I have seen both but booked Choir of Man since it is my absolute favorite).

Im glad so many like Choir of Man as I was able to book it this week.  My favorite show was on Getaway - The Million Dollar Quartet.  I actually went back a 2nd time during our cruise to see it again.  

• Like 1

I think that it will be Kinky Boots, just based on what it says on my sailing on Sept 4th in the explore and plan. You might try asking in a August roll call to see what their cruiseplanners say, but i would guess they would know by now if they could get Kinky Boots ready in time or not...so for it to be still on cruiseplanner is a promising sign 

2 hours ago, coastcat said:

It's still a bit of a question mark! I'm on the August 7 Encore sailing. We've been able to make specialty restaurant reservations from the usual 120-day mark but the shows could not be booked. Okay, we had to re-do our reservations when we got switched from Bliss to Encore but such is life.

A couple days ago, reservations finally opened for Choir of Man (day 2 and day 6, 7:30 pm and 10:00 pm). Kinky Boots is listed but is still not available to book. Based on earlier discussion in this thread, it's possible that NCL will not have the show ready in time for Encore's return.

AHH I see...crossing my fingers for you, I have seen JB and it is good too! 

On 5/17/2021 at 10:22 PM, Seany527 said:

I wish they would change Footloose on the Joy. I’d rather sit through The Hall of Presidents at WDW.  

The one perk of the Joy getting moved around and delayed  is I'm now booked on the Breakaway with Six.  Which I'd like to see and I don't think venue would impact once since it's mostly concertlike.

I would assume that with all the postponement they'd have enough time to rehearse Kinky Boots and shake out the bugs.  I loved the pro-shoot of the West end cast.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, coastcat said:

They are not going to install a different show to temporarily replace Kinky Boots. They will put on a guest performer with no staging. In the past this has been performers like a cappella groups. 

5 hours ago, yamiangie said:

I would assume that with all the postponement they'd have enough time to rehearse Kinky Boots and shake out the bugs.  I loved the pro-shoot of the West end cast.

From the video, it wasn’t rehearsals. It was committing a cast and creating costumes (I.e., dozens of custom made boots) for the principals and understudies for each role that was taking time. The Encore was only scheduled a month ago.