NCL Encore entertainment? Replacement of Kinky Boots

14 hours ago, debenson0723 said:

That's really strange. Have you cleared your cookies/history or tried logging out and back in?  I already booked it a few days ago but am trying a different date and time and was able to do it again just now.

I'll try that! 

On 6/27/2021 at 11:06 AM, BirdTravels said:

My expectation (which I hope is wrong), is that we'll get some America's Got Talent reject guest performers, who are willing to be locked in quarantine for up to 3 weeks for a short gig, to fill the gaps on two of the other days. 

I’d rather watch HGTV .....

The worst cruise entertainment package we suffered through was a Princess cruise that only had two evening shows (one was a crew show) and all the other nights were their “Voice of the Sea” amateur hours. Walked out of the first one ... watching the art auctions was more fun.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, wdsted said:

Our Choir of Man booking for the September 11 sailing was canceled and I can no longer see it available for booking.  That isn't encouraging.

Mine is still showing as booked for the September 4th sailing. So strange...

39 minutes ago, wdsted said:

Our Choir of Man booking for the September 11 sailing was canceled and I can no longer see it available for booking.  That isn't encouraging.

Mine is still showing for 8/14. I'd call NCL and ask them what happened.

56 minutes ago, wdsted said:

We are also on the Sept 11 sailing.  I just checked and our Choir of Man reservation is still showing.  Did they send you an email saying it was cancelled or did it just disappear?  Weird!

29 minutes ago, Brickwood said:

We are also on the Sept 11 sailing.  I just checked and our Choir of Man reservation is still showing.  Did they send you an email saying it was cancelled or did it just disappear?  Weird!

8/21 still showing as booked

It sounds like they are needing an extra month to get Kinky Boots together 😩. I was excited when they changed from to the Bliss to the Encore bc I looove this show and was looking forward to seeing their production. Guess I will have to book another cruise on Encore to catch it later.

I did a transatlantic cruise a few years ago and they had an “Evening with the Entertainers” where they sang their favorite Broadway hits! It was actually an awesome night. I wouldn’t mind something like that...if they have an aerial act I will 🤮. Been there done that... that being said, I do agree with everyone regarding just needing some entertainment. I was able to go see an audience limited Shakespeare production last fall and I teared up being back and the sacrifices the cast had made by observing strict quarantine just so they could perform! Happy and safe cruising everybody!

• 5 weeks later...
On 6/26/2021 at 9:16 PM, chefchick said:

I am booked on the September 11 sailing and I booked both shows today thru the planner.  I hope you all are wrong and Kinky Boots is preformed…loved the movie.

Strange my booked dinners are on my itinerary even though I received e mail they were cancelled! Letter said, no need to book as too few passengers!? Also have always had 'book on board' for any show and now only one show. I am a solo traveler and first time on NCL, is this common treatment?

15 minutes ago, Nancy2C said:

Strange my booked dinners are on my itinerary even though I received e mail they were cancelled! Letter said, no need to book as too few passengers!? Also have always had 'book on board' for any show and now only one show. I am a solo traveler and first time on NCL, is this common treatment?

Remember, we are in weird, uncertain times. Onboard and on shore experiences will be in flux for months to come.

In this case, NCL has evidently decided to ditch pre-booking entertainment for now since they can’t guarantee that a production will be ready. On Encore’s first sailing we will still have Choir of Man but not Kinky Boots or Happy Hour Prohibition. I’m also on the first Bliss sailing in October; while the three usual shows are still listed, none can be pre-booked. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

You mean "Choir of Men"?

No, Company of Men is a oldies singing group which appears to be the second show on the Encore this week. Kinda like the never ending string of a capella groups on the Escape when they were trying to install the Choir of Man in the man theater. This week is a short VIP cruise to Ketchikan, so we'll see what happens with the first 7-night Alaska cruise. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Nancy2C said:

Did that come from NCL?

2 hours ago, Nancy2C said:

I am a solo traveler and first time on NCL, is this common treatment?

Hi Nancy2C, I'm a solo cruiser as well and this change regarding reservations has nothing to do with being solo. The fact is, covid has caused a lot of changes and one of for NCL is a much smaller capacity, therefore, you really won't need reservations just now.  

Enjoy your cruise, NCL is really wonderful when it comes cruising solo. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, All-ready2cruise said:

The fact is, covid has caused a lot of changes and one of for NCL is a much smaller capacity, therefore, you really won't need reservations just now.  

I don't really understand this.  If one out of ten passengers decides to show up at Cagney's at 6:00 without reservations, won't it be a mess?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, All-ready2cruise said:

The fact is, covid has caused a lot of changes and one of for NCL is a much smaller capacity

Do you know the reduced capacity numbers and for how long they will be imposed? Link please- I can’t get an answer that isn’t rumor at this point. One would think is ncl is sailing at reduced capacity for months they would be advertising.

1 hour ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

Do you know the reduced capacity numbers and for how long they will be imposed? Link please- I can’t get an answer that isn’t rumor at this point. One would think is ncl is sailing at reduced capacity for months they would be advertising.

NCL: Controlled Guest Capacity. We will initially control the guest capacity onboard each ship to provide even more space per guest.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, drvmywifecrzy said:

I heard the cast of Kinky Boots is slated to board the Encore on 8/21.  Practice will run a week or two before live shows

That would be great! As we're booked on the 8/21 cruise.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RumRunner2021 said:

I'll interpret the silence as "no."

I didn't get that email either. But I also saw a post that someone got an email (they posted a screenshot) saying masks would be required on excursions and in ports where it is crowded and you are indoors. I have no problem with that, just find it strange that not everyone is getting the emails.

1 hour ago, SSFun said:

I didn't get that email either. But I also saw a post that someone got an email (they posted a screenshot) saying masks would be required on excursions and in ports where it is crowded and you are indoors. I have no problem with that, just find it strange that not everyone is getting the emails.

I am booked with a TA and the last letter like this was delayed by a day or two and came from my TA and not directly with NCL.

• Like 1