Loving these CDC Guidelines!

nini

The link is below and here are a few of my favorite parts:

"Cruise lines are not required to test fully vaccinated passengers before embarking on a trip or upon returning to port, according to updated guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention."

"The new rules come just days after the CDC said vaccinated cruise passengers can go maskless in certain outdoor settings and explore ports on their own without having to book an excursion through the cruise line. It's also in line with the agency's recommendation that fully vaccinated people can safely go without masks in outdoor situations and many indoor situations."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, nini said:

The link is below and here are a few of my favorite parts:

"Cruise lines are not required to test fully vaccinated passengers before embarking on a trip or upon returning to port, according to updated guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention."

"The new rules come just days after the CDC said vaccinated cruise passengers can go maskless in certain outdoor settings and explore ports on their own without having to book an excursion through the cruise line. It's also in line with the agency's recommendation that fully vaccinated people can safely go without masks in outdoor situations and many indoor situations."

So I can:

(1) skip my mask

(2) explore on my own

(3) skip testing as I'm vaxed 

I'm ready!!

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

So I can:

(1) skip my mask

(2) explore on my own

I'm ready!!

We are too! I especially am happy about the shore excursion issue!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

So I can:

(1) skip my mask

(2) explore on my own

I'm ready!!

Do you really think Princess would sail without being able to assure that most people are vaccinated?  Well, according to our new law in Florida, the ships are not allowed to require or even ask that we be vaccinated.  How do you plan to get around that one?

Judy from SW Florida

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jemnibabe said:

Do you really think Princess would sail without being able to assure that most people are vaccinated?  Well, according to our new law in Florida, the ships are not allowed to require or even ask that we be vaccinated.  How do you plan to get around that one?

Judy from SW Florida

Per CDC

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, nini said:

Per CDC

Per CDC the cruise lines have the option to allow those things.

So the problem is  1. Are the cruise lines going to require vaccination in which case the rules ease or

are they 2. Not going to require vaccination in which case those rules with either not apply on the cruise or the cruise line would have two different sets of rules for different people on the same cruise.  Something that I doubt would end well.

8 minutes ago, nocl said:

Per CDC the cruise lines have the option to allow those things.

So the problem is  1. Are the cruise lines going to require vaccination in which case the rules ease or

are they 2. Not going to require vaccination in which case those rules with either not apply on the cruise or the cruise line would have two different sets of rules for different people on the same cruise.  Something that I doubt would end well.

https://www.businessinsider.com/cruise-lines-florida-conflict-covid-vaccine-requirements-2021-4

21 minutes ago, Jemnibabe said:

Judy from SW Florida

Require passengers to upload their vaccine cards onto the Medallion App prior to boarding the ship.  Since the Princess servers are more than likely located in California DeSantis has no jurisdiction.

Otherwise tell DeSantis to take a hike and sail out of San Juan.

Edited by Syracuse44
Spelling error
  • Like 14

1 minute ago, Syracuse44 said:

Require passengers to upload their vaccine cards onto the Medallion App prior to boarding the ship.  Since their servers are more than likely located in California DeSantis has no jurisdiction.

Otherwise tell DeSantis to take a hike and sail out of San Juan.

I believe Norweign is about ready to do that.  LOL  And concerning uploading the vax proof, there are many many people who do not have smart phones.  And I'm not sure even requesting they be downloaded wouldn't be an obvious violation.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Jemnibabe said:

Judy from SW Florida

Most likely it will require another court case.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jemnibabe said:

Judy from SW Florida

I don't need Florida to cruise from California 

2 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

While Florida deals with their Governor, those of us in California are ready to cruise out of our ports.  Let's go Princess!!!

Exactly!!!! Floridian ports not required. 

• Like 9

IMHO way WAY to much focus has been placed on Florida ports completely ignoring our ports in SF (my home port), LA, San Diego, Seattle, Mobile, Galveston, NY. All those ports ex Seattle can easily have a round trip cruise according to PVSA - no modification needed. Apparently The Hill is working on a work-around for Seattle. Princess can completely ignore Florida like NCL is prepared to do. De Santis does not wants cruising to restart in his state and he has the right to prevent it. But that doesn't mean Alabama, Texas, NY, California, and Washington states can't proceed

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Jemnibabe said:

Judy from SW Florida

I believe I read NCL is considering not cruising to and from F lorida.  Maybe other lines will follow suit for passenger safety.  In other states they can ask passengers for their fax card as proof.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, GonzoWCS said:
1 hour ago, suekel said:

I have 4 cruises booked, none of which touch Florida soil.  All De Santis is doing is hurting Florida workers.  

We'll be OK

I'm beginning to think DeSantis wants to avoid another infected ship. Yknow how politicians say what is politically expedient when the ulterior motive is not politically expedient? Well he's sharp. (1) Floridians don't want vaccinated status tracked. (2) If an infected ship must return to point of origin & cruisers must verify vaccination but (3) they can't verify in Florida so an infected ship cannot return to Florida. 

California's rate is low and Hawaii is beautiful. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ombud said:

IMHO way WAY to much focus has been placed on Florida ports completely ignoring our ports in SF (my home port), LA, San Diego, Seattle, Mobile, Galveston, NY. All those ports ex Seattle can easily have a round trip cruise according to PVSA - no modification needed. Apparently The Hill is working on a work-around for Seattle. Princess can completely ignore Florida like NCL is prepared to do. De Santis does not wants cruising to restart in his state and he has the right to prevent it. But that doesn't mean Alabama, Texas, NY, California, and Washington states can't proceed

I certainly didn't mean Florida was the only port that could be used.  But it certainly cuts down on Europe sailings.  Just discussing the problems using Florida ports.  By the way, I live in Florida but my next 2 cruises are off the west coast.  Just sayin.......

Judy from SW Florida

The problem with not using Florida ports is that the Transatlantics would be very difficult and the Caribbean cruise would be more expensive.

As for the gov-he wants the workers to have their cruise and port jobs back but then he gives in to pressure to prevent vaccine passports! He is very conflicted and causing many problems.

As for the Floridians not wanting vaccine passports that is not strictly true. Many of us do want them. It is the powerful businesses that do not want them.

• Like 6

I feel confident DeSantis took the hard line so that he has room to negotiate something that works for all the cruise lines that utilize Florida ports.  Pretty tough to say all passengers must show proof of vaccination when many passengers are not of age to receive a vaccine (think Disney Cruise Lines, Carnival Cruise Lines).  Yeah it works great for Princess that can survive on an older clientele, but that's only  a piece of the Florida cruise industry.  I'm willing to bet a sensible compromise will be the end result and predicated by the hard line going in!!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, USCcruisecrazy said:

I feel confident DeSantis took the hard line so that he has room to negotiate something that works for all the cruise lines that utilize Florida ports.  Pretty tough to say all passengers must show proof of vaccination when many passengers are not of age to receive a vaccine (think Disney Cruise Lines, Carnival Cruise Lines).  Yeah it works great for Princess that can survive on an older clientele, but that's only  a piece of the Florida cruise industry.  I'm willing to bet a sensible compromise will be the end result and predicated by the hard line going in!!

According to CLIA, less than 9% of N.American cruise passengers are under 12 years. If it will get the cruise ships sailing out of FL sooner, I doubt anyone will worry too much about excluding this group.

Very difficult to reach a sensible compromise when the parties can't even agree on the facts.

• Like 2