Loving these CDC Guidelines!

nini

1 hour ago, vjmatty said:

Same here.... about half on Cunard out of NY and half on Princess to Ft Lauderdale, sometimes as part of the same trip.  If we have time to spare I try to get us to Europe on the QM2 then come back on Princess, then take the train back to NY.  Haven't yet done a Cunard Grand Voyage but would like to when the right itinerary comes along.

Hoping for a World cruise one of these days. But will settle for a partial. Need to find the money as we like several itineraries.

Longest we have done is 40 days around Australia and S.Pacific islands/ Hawaii back to US.

• Like 1

BTW, I would not expect cruise lines to demand 'Virus Passport', the paper product, anyway. They will get your proof straight from the database made when you where vaccinated. You DO remember you were added to the database? 

And that could have a fun result. Mr or Mrs Smarty, who has fake 'passport' will not be in the database. Hopefully banned thereafter. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, generichandle said:

BTW, I would not expect cruise lines to demand 'Virus Passport', the paper product, anyway. They will get your proof straight from the database made when you where vaccinated. You DO remember you were added to the database? 

And that could have a fun result. Mr or Mrs Smarty, who has fake 'passport' will not be in the database. Hopefully banned thereafter. 

Royal Caribbean just put out their requirements.  Paper cdc card required for US passengers and electronic only acceptable for countries that issue only electronic.    

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, generichandle said:

What database? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, broberts said:

What database? 

When you get vaccinated, Walgreens or whomever are required to add your info on that to a database for the State, which I believe is accessible by Feds and the you must give permission for others to access [like all your medical records]. It is a useful database, as it will be easy to lose/destroy your paper record. I remember mine specifically being added, the Pharmacist took my info for it. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, generichandle said:

Oops, just noticed you are from Canada. Do not know what is done there. 

That was sort of my point. In Canada there are at least 11 different databases, in the US 53+, not sure about the UK. Regardless cruise lines have passengers from many different jurisdictions. I suspect that not one of these is accessible by any cruise line.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, broberts said:

That was sort of my point. In Canada there are at least 11 different databases, in the US 53+, not sure about the UK. Regardless cruise lines have passengers from many different jurisdictions. I suspect that not one of these is accessible by any cruise line.

You would certainly have to give them permission, but why would you not? It would make sense that a cruise line would want to make absolutely certain of no breakouts of Covid after the catastrophe last year. Princess especially since the Diamond was such a public tragedy. BTW, I have 2 scheduled on the Diamond. I suspect they will be VERY careful. Their entire operation may depend on it. 

11 minutes ago, generichandle said:

You would certainly have to give them permission, but why would you not? It would make sense that a cruise line would want to make absolutely certain of no breakouts of Covid after the catastrophe last year. Princess especially since the Diamond was such a public tragedy. BTW, I have 2 scheduled on the Diamond. I suspect they will be VERY careful. Their entire operation may depend on it. 

I'm not even sure that my provincial health insurance would legally be able to provide the data, even with my consent. Even if it could I have trouble believing a cruise line would be willing to devote the resources necessary to make 3 - 4 thousand inquiries manually. And I know an automated system would take months, if not years to achieve.

Fortunately cruise lines are simply going to ask for the vaccination receipt / card.

2 minutes ago, broberts said:

I'm not even sure that my provincial health insurance would legally be able to provide the data, even with my consent. Even if it could I have trouble believing a cruise line would be willing to devote the resources necessary to make 3 - 4 thousand inquiries manually. And I know an automated system would take months, if not years to achieve.

Fortunately cruise lines are simply going to ask for the vaccination receipt / card.

If you are correct, then unfortunately, there WILL be cheaters. Just like there are those who snatch masks from people's faces and berate them as 'liberal fools who believe whatever the liberal press tells them'. Sure enough. 

My sister nearly died of COVID, and yet this happened, and happens a lot here. I know who is doing it, and so does everyone else. I will avoid the politics as much as possible. But, if they accept paper evidence, there WILL be those who will, with great contempt, cheat. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, generichandle said:

If you are correct, then unfortunately, there WILL be cheaters. Just like there are those who snatch masks from people's faces and berate them as 'liberal fools who believe whatever the liberal press tells them'. Sure enough. 

My sister nearly died of COVID, and yet this happened, and happens a lot here. I know who is doing it, and so does everyone else. I will avoid the politics as much as possible. But, if they accept paper evidence, there WILL be those who will, with great contempt, cheat. 

I’ve become less concerned about the cheaters with the additional studies and data on the efficacy of the vaccine.  According to the Washington Post this week - those that are unvaccinated have a 69% increased risk for COVID with the new CDC guidelines and vaccinated have minimal increased risk.  Additionally the vaccines are holding up very well against the variants but those that have been previously infected and unvaccinated are more likely to get infected again - although not as severely as unvaccinated with no prior illness.

I am sorry for the passing of your sister.  I too have seen too much loss due to people having differing opinions on the right protocols and continuing to suffer as long haulers.

The cruise ship guidelines give me some comfort and the research is backs up there is minimal risk to vaccinated although there is some risk.  It will be interesting to see what happens when a cheater gets through, becomes infected and then possibly encounters unexpected legal and financial responsibility for their actions.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, generichandle said:

When you get vaccinated, Walgreens or whomever are required to add your info on that to a database for the State, which I believe is accessible by Feds and the you must give permission for others to access [like all your medical records]. It is a useful database, as it will be easy to lose/destroy your paper record. I remember mine specifically being added, the Pharmacist took my info for it. 

Our's was entered into a data base along with everyone else who went through a major vaccination center in out area......they seemed to use it for verification for the second shot of Moderna......

Edited by PrincessLuver
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, matadams4u said:

I’ve become less concerned about the cheaters with the additional studies and data on the efficacy of the vaccine.  According to the Washington Post this week - those that are unvaccinated have a 69% increased risk for COVID with the new CDC guidelines and vaccinated have minimal increased risk.  Additionally the vaccines are holding up very well against the variants but those that have been previously infected and unvaccinated are more likely to get infected again - although not as severely as unvaccinated with no prior illness.

I am sorry for the passing of your sister.  I too have seen too much loss due to people having differing opinions on the right protocols and continuing to suffer as long haulers.

The cruise ship guidelines give me some comfort and the research is backs up there is minimal risk to vaccinated although there is some risk.  It will be interesting to see what happens when a cheater gets through, becomes infected and then possibly encounters unexpected legal and financial responsibility for their actions.  

I agree the research offers some comfort. But, what happens to a cruise in which someone has a confirmed case? Turn around? Stop and quarantine? Trust me when i say Princess, or whatever cruise line, does not want to face that again. 

I live where a LOT of folks believe that responsibility is not a requirement for liberty. It's scary. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, generichandle said:

... But, what happens to a cruise in which someone has a confirmed case? Turn around? Stop and quarantine? ...

Princess is very ambiguous about that. They say there's a threshold that must be crossed before the cruise is terminated but they don't give any clue as to what that number may be. IMHO they don't say because the number may vary depending on the number of souls on board, the rate at which cases are detected, the current state-of-the-art for treatment and so on.

In Australia record of your Covid-19 jab is entered on your vaccination record, electronically per Medicare/MyGov. You can print it out and there is your evidence.

• Thanks 1

On 5/19/2021 at 5:59 AM, Jemnibabe said:

Do you really think Princess would sail without being able to assure that most people are vaccinated?  Well, according to our new law in Florida, the ships are not allowed to require or even ask that we be vaccinated.  How do you plan to get around that one?

Judy from SW Florida

The Princess ships sailing ex Southampton on Staycation require all pax to be vaccinated, but not the crew, bizarre.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, generichandle said:

Plus the Ruby Disaster in Sydney.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, beg3yrs said:

Princess is very ambiguous about that. They say there's a threshold that must be crossed before the cruise is terminated but they don't give any clue as to what that number may be. IMHO they don't say because the number may vary depending on the number of souls on board, the rate at which cases are detected, the current state-of-the-art for treatment and so on.

Is it a Princess threshold, or a CDC threshold? I believe the CDC mentions a threshold of cases, but does not define what it is. I would wonder is it a certain number, or a certain percentage, or even if they have themselves an idea of what it is.

Writing a Princess threshold seems to imply that each cruise line, or even ship, can make that definition.

7 hours ago, NSWP said:

In Australia record of your Covid-19 jab is entered on your vaccination record, electronically per Medicare/MyGov. You can print it out and there is your evidence.

Yes, I have checked my records and the first vac is there. Second in a few weeks.

Only problem is while the world opens up, we in Australia are not permitted to go anywhere. While I think that is acceptable for now, there appears no inclination to get things moving. We have an election due next year and I hope travelers are not going to be part of the "we have kept you safe" stuff. That is true so far but it is getting near time to give some options rather than just saying the borders will stay closed until possibly mid 2022. I don't want to be a pawn in an election game.

4 hours ago, ontheweb said:

Is it a Princess threshold, or a CDC threshold? I believe the CDC mentions a threshold of cases, but does not define what it is. I would wonder is it a certain number, or a certain percentage, or even if they have themselves an idea of what it is.

Writing a Princess threshold seems to imply that each cruise line, or even ship, can make that definition.

The Princess statement simply says "threshold" and doesn't say any more. If the CDC's statement is vague then Princess is simply parroting the CDC for now.

19 hours ago, generichandle said:

Except for ships based in Florida will NOT be able to access your proof in the database due to the law signed by our wonderful gov. that prevents the ships from asking for vaccine proof of any kind.

49 minutes ago, beg3yrs said:

The Princess statement simply says "threshold" and doesn't say any more. If the CDC's statement is vague then Princess is simply parroting the CDC for now.

I agree that it is vague. I'm just wondering if there will be different thresholds for different cruise lines and even for different ships within a cruise line. And it probably would make things much simpler if the CDC defined how to determine the threshold.

3 hours ago, ontheweb said:

I agree that it is vague. I'm just wondering if there will be different thresholds for different cruise lines and even for different ships within a cruise line. And it probably would make things much simpler if the CDC defined how to determine the threshold.

Given the CDC's stellar track record of understanding the cruise industry and setting requirements (requiring gangways be vacant for twelve hours between disembarking passengers and embarking passengers for instance), it's my opinion that the cruise lines should propose their own criteria that determines when a cruise would be terminated and then let the CDC approve, disapprove or suggest changes.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, kiwimum said:

California has a database, but not all counties participate.  San Diego county maintains their own database and so far response to requests for proof have been not existent.   

As some might know, I asked my MD to add mine to my Kaiser medical records. He responded 'done' which I thought meant he did it. At my appointment he stated that Walgreens updated the county or state (forget which) who told Kaiser. At any rate, I can pull up my medical records online or show that slip of paper. Hope they want to see it in medical records omline --- less chance of cheating 

• Like 2