If July happens, which ships will start first?

I am getting really concerned that we’re not getting any info from Royal Caribbean. I would like to know if I need to book a different cruise even in August. This is my sons graduation present and I really want to do something this summer before he leaves for college. I have reserved a cabin on the carnival horizon just in case.Carnival seems to have more of a rollout plan or at least they were saying what it is. Personally I’d rather do our mariner cruise out of Port Canaveral because we’re driving but really we just want to cruise this summer.I would even try to book another Royal Caribbean if I knew what their plans were and what boats they were actually staffing.

Same thought.  I'm worried too as our July cruise is for our 20th wedding anniversary, and booked it a while ago.  Hate to cancel it, but would just like to know something, so we can rebook if needed!

Agree 100 percent! Honestly money isn’t an issue at this point! But I want to sit and gamble with my son on a cruise:) maybe let him buy a Kalik in Nassau legally! He has earned that as an A student! Just tell me what boats are actually trying to sail. Carnival did. Although I hate Pepsi so struggling with that one! 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Thenagers said:

Agree 100 percent! Honestly money isn’t an issue at this point! But I want to sit and gamble with my son on a cruise:) maybe let him buy a Kalik in Nassau legally! He has earned that as an A student! Just tell me what boats are actually trying to sail. Carnival did. Although I hate Pepsi so struggling with that one! 

I believe that Carnival also qualified it as hopefully.  Right now, your best bet for a cruise in July or August that is guaranteed is one of the cruises out of Nassau or Barbados that Royal added.  Everything out of the US is still uncertain.

I would say carnival is as much on the edge as rcl, as in probably neither is a go. Carnival saying this time is a go, never mind the last 12 times we said that, .. hmmm, a big maybe at best.

Agree if you really want august, it needs to be a off shore like Nassau cruise.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I believe that Carnival also qualified it as hopefully.  Right now, your best bet for a cruise in July or August that is guaranteed is one of the cruises out of Nassau or Barbados that Royal added.  Everything out of the US is still uncertain.

Or Bermuda 

Another Bearer of Bad News.......if you can't fly to a port outside the USA, your odds of going in July are about  .0000000001 %  on any cruiseline.

Plan something on land somewhere.

Edited by Jimbo

7 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Another Bearer of Bad News.......if you can't fly to a port outside the USA, your odds of going in July are about  .0000000001 %  on any cruiseline.

Plan something on land somewhere.

With all respect, where did you get this information?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Or the sailings on Vision out of Bermuda.  Fantastic airfare thru air2sea too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jpurdy said:

With all respect, where did you get this information?

JMHO, put 2 and 2 together, shipped aren't even staffed 100% yet, provisions aren't lined up yet, since no one still has any start-up dates..........not sure what ship you are on, but there aren't chances your ship may not even be the first one to sail. As far as itineriares, who knows for sure what they may be, they may all be altered because ports may not be open.

What is the date and ship you are supposed to be on?

5 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Or the sailings on Vision out of Bermuda.  Fantastic airfare thru air2sea too.

Post # 8 in this thread, someone in their party doesn't want to fly.

10 hours ago, Thenagers said:

We are actually sailing with another Mom/son that don’t fly:( I told them just to take a Xanax and let’s go!!!

Not sure where your located but flights to bermuda are either $99 or $149 pp round trip out of Ewr, phl, mia and clt.

You could take funds paid on your mariner sailing and transfer to a sailing out of bermuda on vision.  

That's what we did.  We were booked for a b2b on freedom out of nj to bermuda for a b2b.  The 14 nights was cheaper than the 10 nights we had booked.  So I got a refund from cruise fare and applied that to airfare that I booked thru royals air2sea.  

The flight from phl to bermuda is a little over 2 hrs.  Easy flight for the Mom/Son that dont like to fly.

Now I dont have to pay $200+ to park at nj port for 11 days.  Win win for us!  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

JMHO, put 2 and 2 together, shipped aren't even staffed 100% yet, provisions aren't lined up yet, since no one still has any start-up dates..........not sure what ship you are on, but there aren't chances your ship may not even be the first one to sail. As far as itineriares, who knows for sure what they may be, they may all be altered because ports may not be open.

What is the date and ship you are supposed to be on?

Post # 8 in this thread, someone in their party doesn't want to fly.

We are booked on Oasis from Bayonne 7/16 to PC, private island and Nassau. My hope is required vaccinations and no masks. 

Just now, jpurdy said:

We are booked on Oasis from Bayonne 7/16 to PC, private island and Nassau. My hope is required vaccinations and no masks. 

NJ...........that would be No chance. Used to live in NJ up to 5 months ago.......They will do nothing 1st. Have heard no reports either of that ship putting crew together.

My guess is you would hear something from the cruiseline sometime in the next 7 days for that midJuly sailing.

Everyone is holding onto hope, but when they say that some cruises MIGHT sail as soon as July, my bet is that will be 2-3 ships at most, more likely the one's that require small numbers of crew, maybe 1-2 out of FL and 1-2 out of Galveston.

I don't think an Oasis class ship will sail earlier than late Aug-Sept.

I have the Symphony booked end of November, and I'm still not convinced it will sail.