MARDI GRAS Delayed till August

2 minutes ago, joeyancho said:

I certainly hope so.  We cruise 8/21 on Panorama. 

That is embarking from Fantasyland, right?

Sorry for the negativity, but let's be real.  There is going to be a priority list of embarkation ports after Galveston and Miami start with the Breeze, Vista and Horizon.  PC and the MG made the most sense to be third.  You really think that Long Beach will be fourth and that it will happen on 8/21?

2 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

No, they'd rather not make final payment, have their deposit moved to a new cruise, and get the OBC.  Instead of make their final payment, have entire payment moved to new cruise, and get the OBC.

Didn't know that was an option since I wasn't part of the pick a cruise back in summer of 2020 and keep rolling it over every month through multiple cancellations until one of them happens to finally sail. 

54 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

So, you would rather not have the money tied up instead of having it tied up and gaining 600 in OBC?  600 in OBC is worth a lot more than the interest you gain by having your monies refunded.

Right now I only have $1,000 tied up in deposits for the 7/31 cruise. If it is cancelled after final payment, $6,500 will be tied up for 2 rooms and I won't be able to reschedule until summer of 2023 as I already have another one booked for summer of 2022. $6,500 is a lot of money to be tied up for 2 additional years. In addition, since this was a rescheduled cruise from a previous cancellation, I no longer qualify for a regular refund as the $1k is now tied to Carnival credit.

3 minutes ago, CruisingFromLA said:

Right now I only have $1,000 tied up in deposits for the 7/31 cruise. If it is cancelled after final payment, $6,500 will be tied up for 2 rooms and I won't be able to reschedule until summer of 2023 as I already have another one booked for summer of 2022. $6,500 is a lot of money to be tied up for 2 additional years. In addition, since this was a rescheduled cruise from a previous cancellation, I no longer qualify for a regular refund as the $1k is now tied to Carnival credit.

Have you called Carnival in an attempt to get your final payment date moved to 45 days in order to give you a little more time?  This way if they cancel prior then you're good to go to flip your reservation.  If they wait, then you'll have to get the refund.

• Like 1

Could someone clarify the current CSO for me - does it still go through October 31, 2021?  Or has that changed to June 30 since some ships are planning on sailing July 1?  Or am I wrong all around?  Sorry - I can't keep up with all of the changes - making my head spin!  LOL!  It's just easier to ask my CC friends since I don't care to weed through the CDC pages. 🥰

Just got this email:

We know you are eager to understand our plans for your sailing in August and appreciate your patience.  In the meantime, we are making the following accommodations to provide you with maximum flexibility:

• Final payments due in May have been extended until June 14.
  • You may cancel without penalty by June 14 and receive a full refund.
  • If you booked a refundable fare with final payment due after June 14, you have until that later date to cancel for refund, consistent with your original fare rules.
  • If you exercise your ability to cancel without penalty under these flexible rules, you will not be eligible for any offer made to guests should the sailing ultimately be cancelled. 
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, LHARTWICK said:

Could someone clarify the current CSO for me - does it still go through October 31, 2021?  Or has that changed to June 30 since some ships are planning on sailing July 1?  Or am I wrong all around?  Sorry - I can't keep up with all of the changes - making my head spin!  LOL!  It's just easier to ask my CC friends since I don't care to weed through the CDC pages. 🥰

The CSO expires November 1, 2021 unless if the public health emergency declaration is lifted by Health and Human Services (less than 5,000 new cases/day nationwide for 14 consecutive days). At the current rate of decay in cases (around 50% every 30 days) this may very well happen in August.

The CSO could theoretically be extended indefinitely, but it would be a very risky move for the CDC if conditions continue to improve.

• Like 1

On 5/24/2021 at 11:47 AM, wemjam said:

MIGHT end up on the inaugural sailing by happenstance... Booked for Sept 4th

As cool as it would be to be on an inaugural sailing, I'm eager for it to start sailing so I don't get stressed about my November cruise happening.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Jamesatgsu said:

As cool as it would be to be on an inaugural sailing, I'm eager for it to start sailing so I don't get stressed about my November cruise happening.

What I am really concerned about. Once it starts. Any ship coming down with a covid19 outbreak.

That would be a disaster for sure.

14 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

What I am really concerned about. Once it starts. Any ship coming down with a covid19 outbreak.

That would be a disaster for sure.

The longer the voyage and the fewer who are vaccinated - that's the recipe for problems. Shorter sailings, heck, the people are home before they'd even show as (+).

Tom

18 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

2A3AF8F7-F7F7-4B00-A9B7-49CCB4F1138B.jpeg

The line that says "this will allow us more flexibility to allow unvaccinated children"

Says nothing about unvaccinated adults... and it seems there are some that are banking on allowing unvaccinated adults at some point.

15 minutes ago, balcony bound said:

The line that says "this will allow us more flexibility to allow unvaccinated children"

Says nothing about unvaccinated adults... and it seems there are some that are banking on allowing unvaccinated adults at some point.

Again. In Florida no company doing business in Florida (Cruise lines included) are not allowed to ask if you have been or not been vaccinated or face a $5,000.00 fine for each incident.

1 minute ago, stellarose said:

if Florida wants the revenue- I bet they go the route with vaccines and go to court with Ron. 

I doubt it. The governor already said. If any cruise line wants to leave . Go. Others will be happy to take their place. remember the CDC no longer requires the cruise lines to do it either.

4 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Again. In Florida no company doing business in Florida (Cruise lines included) are not allowed to ask if you have been or not been vaccinated or face a $5,000.00 fine for each incident.

It will be very interesting to see whether that gets challenged in court, and the resulting ruling.

Also, there are multiple ways for the various parties (Desantis, CDC, and the cruise lines) to come up with a compromise where everyone can declare victory, such as (perhaps, me just spitballing) offering both types of cruises (vaccinated - no masks required, unvaxxed, masks required).  So not requiring proof of vaccine, but offering different implementations.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

It will be very interesting to see whether that gets challenged in court, and the resulting ruling.

Also, there are multiple ways for the various parties (Desantis, CDC, and the cruise lines) to come up with a compromise where everyone can declare victory, such as (perhaps, me just spitballing) offering both types of cruises (vaccinated - no masks required, unvaxxed, masks required).  So not requiring proof of vaccine, but offering different implementations.

A compromise would be good.  Such as make a legal exception for something like cruise lines can require vaccinated only through the end of September (or whatever month), but after that they open them up.

Edited by TNcruising02

Lets all remember one thing. Those that have been vaccinated basically have very little to worry about. Those that are not vaccinated are the ones that need to worry about catching it from another person, vaccinated or not. So basically, I do not care if they are able to ask or not.

Doctors say if you're vaccinated and then significantly exposed to a person sick with COVID-19, you can inhale the virus and it could live in your nose. This will not get you sick but it could make you a carrier of the virus.

“You leave that room and you go into another room with somebody that has not had the vaccine. And you talk loud and you cough once in a while or you sneeze... then for that particular person you just put them at risk now because what's in your nose has been, you know, aerosolized,” explained Lacasse.

Both infectious disease doctors agree the chances of this happening are low.

Dr. George said early studies out of Israel show the vaccine should partially protect you from having the virus replicate in your nose, therefore making you less likely to spread COVID-19.

“If you're vaccinated, you’re lower risk, probably, for transmitting to other people. How much lower? We just don't know yet,” said George.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, stellarose said:

if Florida wants the revenue- I bet they go the route with vaccines and go to court with Ron. 

Unlikely. Many many lawyers post there is a work around. I believe it's just a excuse to post against florida to post this without knowledge it is both necessary and needed. Do you know how long it would take to sue him.  Certainly too long to wait and carnival has posted they plan to resume out of miami. My money is on carnival knowing there is no issue. Sorry. 

Have faith in carnival knowing.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

The cruise lines might choose ports that only require a negative covid test.

They probably will but they also will want a few that require vaccines so they can ask for the proof.

Edited by regoodwinjr
  • Like 1