New CDC Guidance 5/26, significant changes for masks and dining

56 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

Yes, but only for someone wearing them, not other people in others cars etc....which is what I said.  Just because you neglect to wear one doesn't mean you are endangering others...don't put another meaning entirely to my post...🙄

No, it actually reduced liability costs for everyone buying insurance when states began making it a requirement that would be ticketable if you weren't wearing one, even as a passenger in the front seat, too. It wasn't a case where only your insurance costs went down if you were to indicate to your insurance company you wore a seat belt. 

1 hour ago, BecciBoo said:

I don't think the new check in protocols are quite ready, we used the app last cruise just to check in but the current web page only has the standard announcement:

Royal Caribbean is pioneering the industry’s fastest, smoothest guest check-in at our new Terminal A. Expedited Arrival will allow guests to check-in in just a few steps, hand off their bags and go from “car to bar” in mere minutes, without lines or paperwork to fill out.

CHECK IN BEFORE YOU BOARD

• Please complete your check-in at least 24 hours before your sailing to skip the counter.
  • For the best experience, download the free Royal Caribbean International app, available on Google Play and the App store. You’ll be able to check-in and access your SetSail Pass on your mobile device.
  • Otherwise, you can check-in and print your SetSail Pass.
  • When you arrive at the terminal, be sure you have your SetSail Pass ready in hand (either printed or on the app) along with the credit card you registered for expenses and required identification documents.

AT THE TERMINAL

• If you’re parking at Terminal A, agents will be in the parking garage to receive your luggage and review your documents.
  • If you’re taking a taxi or using a ride sharing service, agents will be awaiting you at the drop off area.
  • In both cases, after your documents are reviewed, you’ll proceed onto the ship.

CHECK-IN ON SITE

• Didn’t get to complete check-in or forgot your printouts? You’ll head to the check-in desk and our agents will take care of you. But for the quickest experience, we recommend you check-in at least 24 hours before your sailing.

And no new Covid vaccination card info is included.  Maybe in the next couple weeks it will be adjusted.

Hey just had a thought!!! And that thought goes back to the whole Royal's IT dept sucks!!!  

They aren't allowing check-in for the first few cruises yet because the IT dept hasn't gotten the app to accept the vaccination card or maybe I should say vaccination verification yet.

3 hours ago, Blauelini said:

Thus the no mask, no social distancing changes from yesterday will not apply to Royal cruises. Strict mask wearing,  no self serve buffets and social distancing, limited capacities for onboard events will be in full effect for a long time. They are really screwing every vaxxed person that cruises without children. I encourage you to reach out to RCCL to tell them your thoughts

So Royal is keeping masks for life just like I said!

My email to Richard Fain must have been more effective than I thought! 😲

3 hours ago, Blauelini said:

So everyone reading this understands, RCCL own Richard Fain has stated Royal will not be able to meet the 95% threshold. The only Royal Caribbean Group line that will is Celebrity. They will require a vaccine for those eligible but due to large amounts of children and families,  they will not meet it. On some cruises ,depending on amount of kids, it could be in the 70 or 80% range.

How do they know in advance that they won't meet the 95%? When Celeb and NCL claim they will and are prepared to believe they will?

2 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

How do they know in advance that they won't meet the 95%? When Celeb and NCL claim they will and are prepared to believe they will?

Is this for real? 

Simple answer. They aren't going to try. Or submit the documents that say they are. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Is this for real? 

Simple answer. They aren't going to try. Or submit the documents that say they are. 

It is entirely possible that you can have a "non-95%" sailing that does in fact have over 95% vaccinated, but they aren't planning it in advance, and won't be able to change the mask/distancing/dining rules even if they hit it. The ships each have to be approved by the CDC to sail either 95%+ vaccinated sailings, or "regular" sailings with a test cruise. Once a ship achieves that approved status, it won't be able to slip back and forth between those types of sailings, at least under current CSO guidelines, these things change like the wind around here.

Part of the issue is also for the 95%, they don't have to space out the tables, or use plexiglass everywhere, etc. They cant change that configuration back and forth for each cruise.

If Royal or any cruise line deems a specific ship to be a regular cruise, then it doesn't matter at all how many vax or non-vax are on the ship. Standard rules and limits apply.

If a ship is certified to do 95%+, they can sail with relaxed rules and the cruise line must certify each sailing that they keep the # at or above 95%

• Like 1

I wish to go cruising soon and hope that all of us can. Having said this, I fully support the Florida law regarding the seperation and segregation of the people in this country further. We all need to take a deep breath for a moment. Yes, I to do not wish to wear a mask and quite frankly, I don't any longer. But I also empatize w/ those that do not wish to be vaccinated now or in the future. It's their choice, it's their body. And they should not be punished for their choices. 

If one chooses to go on a cruise they should be allowed to go and they should not be treated indifferently from others. This includes those that are vaccinated as well. Hanging 'carrots' in front of us to accept and reward is segregation of the new millenium. These things are not good for any of us long term. 

caveat.... I'm fully vaxed and have been for several months now. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

You get my humour. 🙂 More below...  

As for the belt... I wear it too even though my wife is hoping for an insurance payout. I don't check my brakes daily, but I haven't frustrated her that much after 20 years together.😂 

A couple (who no longer a couple) who lived in the same apartment complex we did when in Gradual School.  She was a lawyer and he a neuro-surgeon.  He always had what he and I at the time considered to be a hot car.  One was a Merkur XR4TI, another was a Firebird that look like Kit.  Anyway.  He was doing his residency, and to keep her from driving his cars he would do something like remove the distributor cap or disconnect the battery, etc.  So, one day her car wouldn’t start, so she grabbed his keys and tried to start the car, it wouldn’t so she called a mechanic who “fixed” the car.  They divorced about a year later while she was pregnant for the woman he met at the hospital working.  

Anyway, your post and another poster’s post made me remember this little story from my misspent youth.

JC 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 3kidsncats said:

For them, I would mask up

I'm not masking any more for anybody...I don't have to, the CDC says I don't.  Rccl says I don't and Science says I don't.  I can't get it or give it, what don't people understand about that?  Why would you mask up for kids when you are vaccinated.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

I'm not masking any more for anybody...I don't have to, the CDC says I don't.  Rccl says I don't and Science says I don't.  I can't get it or give it, what don't people understand about that?  Why would you mask up for kids when you are vaccinated.

FYI, you CAN get it, the vaccine is to make sure you don't end up hospitalized or dead from it.  But you can definitely still get it.  

11 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

I don't have to, the CDC says I don't.  Rccl says I don't and Science says I don't

That is not the interpretation I am getting from some of the posts on here as people claim it is likely Royal will probably not hit the 95% requirement so masks will be required so yes you will be.

Why don't Royal either says masks for life or go for 100% vaccination one or the other and a draw a line under it from either end and whichever none camp you fall into you don't travel if you don't do what they want? Save all this messing about. And if Royal doesn't survive either decision then it wasn't meant to.

2 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

Unless you intend to wait, sail an Alaska itinerary, or sail Celebrity, you will be wearing a mask on Royal Caribbean ships (from all info currently available)

This may as always change in the future but as of now they have stated that all ships under the Royal banner will not apply for 95% Vaccination Approval so must require masks.

I'm not even going to address the whole "you can catch and transmit Covid-19 even if you are vaccinated" argument. It's not worth it.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, jrapps said:

Unless you intend to wait, sail an Alaska itinerary, or sail Celebrity, you will be wearing a mask on Royal Caribbean ships (from all info currently available)

This may as always change in the future but as of now they have stated that all ships under the Royal banner will not apply for 95% Vaccination Approval so must require masks.

I'm not even going to address the whole "you can catch and transmit Covid-19 even if you are vaccinated" argument. It's not worth it.

You are wrong on all counts, but you can persist as you please, so may I.  Your reasoning is really unfathomable.

Now where's that button....o yes,..click!😉

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, jrapps said:

This may as always change in the future but as of now they have stated that all ships under the Royal banner will not apply for 95% Vaccination Approval so must require masks

I still don't understand why Royal are banking on not reaching that 95% threshold when Celeb brand is confident it will and NCL are insisting upon 100%? If they can reach or insist upon those thresholds surely Royal can? Why does Royal think it cannot?

Edited by ace2542

44 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

I still don't understand why Royal are banking on not reaching that 95% threshold when Celeb brand is confident it will and NCL are insisting upon 100%? If they can reach or insist upon those thresholds surely Royal can? Why does Royal think it cannot?

In a word: kids

They are attempting to offer choices to both adults and families. They have the data showing how many kids are usually on RCI ships, especially over the summer time. They must feel that by trying to limit the number of kids to below 5% and still remain profitable will be to difficult, not profitable, or damage their brand in some way.

In the end, only the cruise line can make that choice.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jrapps said:

In a word: kids

But vaccination is on offer to the over 12 isn't it? I don't see 5% of passengers being under 12? I don't see 300 kids under the age of 12 on Harmony on a school week? Not 300 not even close.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jrapps said:

They must feel that by trying to limit the number of kids to below 5% and still remain profitable will be to difficult, not profitable, or damage their brand in some way

But the under 12s at not above 5% even in the summer time are they?

Would it not be better for Royal just to say masks for life we are never lifting the requirements? That would take all the bother about % out of it. All the bother with people faking or not faking vaccination. It would take all of that out. It would take the CDC and other 3 or 4 letter word organisation and different countries rules out of the equation as well. And also be better for the health of staff who must get sick a lot?

And if Royal doesn't survive then maybe it wasn't meant to.