Edge sails on June 26?

Jeremiah1212

8 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

I will be anxiously awaiting the reviews on the changed EDGE. There were so many complaints about and I was one who complained they made a lot of changes. Wonder how it stacks up now? Hopefully they got rid of all the animals. It's a ship not a barn.

Animals???? Like "comfort animals"????

This will be our first time on the Edge - we loved the Solstice & Millennium Classes. 

1 hour ago, cruise wizard said:

Animals???? Like "comfort animals"????

This will be our first time on the Edge - we loved the Solstice & Millennium Classes. 

In Eden...the performers were a little out there. The episode of Welcome To Eden from Star Trek comes to mind.

Edited by bajathree

We have tried to check in and still cannot and the Edge sail in less than 20 days!!!!!! My wife just tried again - no luck but there was an orange banner across the page - "All cruises cancelled through 6/30"?????????? This is becoming a BAD DREAM!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just now, cruise wizard said:

We have tried to check in and still cannot and the Edge sail in less than 20 days!!!!!! My wife just tried again - no luck but there was an orange banner across the page - "All cruises cancelled through 6/30"?????????? This is becoming a BAD DREAM!!!!!!!!!!!!

That’s always been there, don’t worry. If you click the details, it should say except for Edge, Millennium, and Apex. 

4 minutes ago, AbbyCruiser45 said:

That’s always been there, don’t worry. If you click the details, it should say except for Edge, Millennium, and Apex. 

Phew................my heart just started beating again.............now let's get to check in...........PLEASE!!!!!

I posted this in another thread, but it's relevant to earlier conversation in this thread too: 

Lisa Lutoff-Perlo in an interview this morning with Good Morning America says she thinks the situation will resolve itself regarding mandating vaccines and Florida. Additionally, she said offering cruises to those who are vaccinated is important to the industry. From this, I don’t see Celebrity backing down. Here is the link (bonus look at the Millennium sailing!): https://www.goodmorningamerica.com/news/video/1st-north-american-passenger-cruise-sets-sail-start-78127205?cid=share_addthis_widget&fbclid=IwAR3elP9gz35QHwQ6e_gHY58KCJz1U6wVBsKhtDmPbA75brjJd4xLpVlVIW0

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, AbbyCruiser45 said:

I posted this in another thread, but it's relevant to earlier conversation in this thread too: 

Lisa Lutoff-Perlo in an interview this morning with Good Morning America says she thinks the situation will resolve itself regarding mandating vaccines and Florida. Additionally, she said offering cruises to those who are vaccinated is important to the industry. From this, I don’t see Celebrity backing down. Here is the link (bonus look at the Millennium sailing!): https://www.goodmorningamerica.com/news/video/1st-north-american-passenger-cruise-sets-sail-start-78127205?cid=share_addthis_widget&fbclid=IwAR3elP9gz35QHwQ6e_gHY58KCJz1U6wVBsKhtDmPbA75brjJd4xLpVlVIW0

Thanks for sharing. We are on the 6/26 and still can't check in yet!!!!!

• Like 1

I agree, things are sounding better -- both Fain and Lutoff-Perlo were so VAGUE in their explanations of how this would work, though -- "it'll work itself out" and "the details are confusing"...  it doesn't give me tons of confidence.  But I'm hoping that's just because they know something that they can't say, or can't say yet (and not that they are truly just ignoring the details and hoping things will "work themselves out").  

4 minutes ago, ennjay said:

I agree, things are sounding better -- both Fain and Lutoff-Perlo were so VAGUE in their explanations of how this would work, though -- "it'll work itself out" and "the details are confusing"...  it doesn't give me tons of confidence.  But I'm hoping that's just because they know something that they can't say, or can't say yet (and not that they are truly just ignoring the details and hoping things will "work themselves out").  

I don’t want to get too hopeful, but I feel like something is almost firmed up. Carnival said today that they will have details of FL cruises ready by Friday.  Now we have both RCG and X CEO’s saying they will work it out all on the same day….

I have a feeling (not facts) that the impasse will be resolved with something like a don’t ask don’t tell approach. The cruises sailing out of Florida will be sold under the understanding that vaccines are required to maximize the percentage of vaccinated guests, and the crew will be fully vaccinated. If, nevertheless, an unvaccinated passenger presents themselves for boarding, they will not be denied. This will meet Florida law, although barely, and may also receive a look the other way response from the CDC. Both sides will have bent a little.

Again, don’t read this as if I am saying this is what will happen. I’m describing the type of solution that mostly meets both sides’ requirements without being fully in compliance.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, publicpersona said:

I have a feeling (not facts) that the impasse will be resolved with something like a don’t ask don’t tell approach. The cruises sailing out of Florida will be sold under the understanding that vaccines are required to maximize the percentage of vaccinated guests, and the crew will be fully vaccinated. If, nevertheless, an unvaccinated passenger presents themselves for boarding, they will not be denied. This will meet Florida law, although barely, and may also receive a look the other way response from the CDC. Both sides will have bent a little.

Again, don’t read this as if I am saying this is what will happen. I’m describing the type of solution that mostly meets both sides’ requirements without being fully in compliance.

I think it's possible that you can board and chose not to show proof of vaccination. However, before you check-in, you have to agree that if that 5% window is filled, you are aware that you will be denied boarding since they can't allow any more unvaccinated people on. And following Richard Fain's comments last week, if you do board without a vaccination you are responsible for paying additional costs to cover your testing, etc. 

54 minutes ago, publicpersona said:

I hope not!  As a vaccinated guest, I would not accept this approach. 

Well, I wouldn’t find that as ideal either, but I’d still happily cruise. It is still a very managed risk.

At this point, it isn’t possible to satisfy the CSO and Florida law at the same time. The Florida law isn’t as much about not requiring proof of vaccination as it is about denying services to someone based on that status. If we are going to sail (on July 3), then I think both sides need a way to find a scenario that is “mostly” in compliance with the CSO and Florida law.

11 minutes ago, publicpersona said:

Well, I wouldn’t find that as ideal either, but I’d still happily cruise. It is still a very managed risk.

At this point, it isn’t possible to satisfy the CSO and Florida law at the same time. The Florida law isn’t as much about not requiring proof of vaccination as it is about denying services to someone based on that status. If we are going to sail (on July 3), then I think both sides need a way to find a scenario that is “mostly” in compliance with the CSO and Florida law.

You're right, the risk is managed and even with an honor system it is likely lower than people on these boards believe, especially with a controlled, fully vaccinated crew, but a lot of people here want it to be as low as humanly possible. I'm not faulting them, I don't know what their personal medical issues are, and it is an optional leisure activity we are talking about.

A) I think that for the first few cruises from the US vaccines should be required, to demonstrate safety and a "proof of concept". I think that the Florida law was poorly conceived and implemented, there simply are some entertainment venues that are not safe without a high level of vaccination and cruise ships aren't the only ones (looking at you Disney and Universal, yes you are outside a lot, but many of those rides and long lines are inside) BUT

B) At some point the CDC has to declare the pandemic over and with vaccination so uneven across the country, what then? I think regardless of what PROOF Celebrity or Royal can demand/review, a significant number of cruisers early on will be vaccinated, but inevitably there will be more cruisers that aren't, and those of us that are vaccinated (especially like me, going on 6 months of complete vax) may have waning immunity that is undetectable. I feel personally safe, but I don't want the cruise ruined, either, it is a vacation after all.

I'm making a distinction between the immediate restart and requirements going forward next winter and spring. But, what about the next Coronavirus or bad flu virus - how afraid are we going to be then? I think we are dealing with the scary fact that being on a big boat with a whole bunch of strangers in tight quarters was never as safe as we thought of it being...

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, cangelmd said:

You're right, the risk is managed and even with an honor system it is likely lower than people on these boards believe, especially with a controlled, fully vaccinated crew, but a lot of people here want it to be as low as humanly possible. I'm not faulting them, I don't know what their personal medical issues are, and it is an optional leisure activity we are talking about.

A) I think that for the first few cruises from the US vaccines should be required, to demonstrate safety and a "proof of concept". I think that the Florida law was poorly conceived and implemented, there simply are some entertainment venues that are not safe without a high level of vaccination and cruise ships aren't the only ones (looking at you Disney and Universal, yes you are outside a lot, but many of those rides and long lines are inside) BUT

B) At some point the CDC has to declare the pandemic over and with vaccination so uneven across the country, what then? I think regardless of what PROOF Celebrity or Royal can demand/review, a significant number of cruisers early on will be vaccinated, but inevitably there will be more cruisers that aren't, and those of us that are vaccinated (especially like me, going on 6 months of complete vax) may have waning immunity that is undetectable. I feel personally safe, but I don't want the cruise ruined, either, it is a vacation after all.

I'm making a distinction between the immediate restart and requirements going forward next winter and spring. But, what about the next Coronavirus or bad flu virus - how afraid are we going to be then? I think we are dealing with the scary fact that being on a big boat with a whole bunch of strangers in tight quarters was never as safe as we thought of it being...

Well put. Especially the part about each individual should do what is right/comfortable for them, without anyone else judging.

As for me, I know we regularly cruise during flu season where only about 40% of the passengers are vaccinated, and the flu vaccine on average is only 50% effective. Still we cruise, and take care.