NCL Pepsi Products

BKNYChick

While everyone says they can 100% identify the brand let me tell you, I did an experiment.

I decanted a store brand diet cola into Coke bottles.

Not a single person knew what I had done, nobody noticed they were drinking the lowest cost cola available just because the bottle looked right.

1 hour ago, rabidstoat said:

When you order Diet Coke and the server asks if Diet Pepsi is okay the proper response is: "No, my god, what is wrong with you???" 😉

so do you go without if the diet coke is unavailable? 

2 hours ago, F27TW said:

Pepsi tastes medicinal ... its horrible.   Coke 100% better.

what medicines do you take that you can compare them to pepsi. my prior post,i've been drinking pepsi for over 65 years, find no after taste and certainly nothing medicinal, and dont claim my taste buds have been ruined after all these years.  i can drink coke, but i prefer pepsi. by the way the term "coke" has almost become universally accepted as meaning any type of cola, just like if you want a tissue, you ask for a kleenex.

I WILL NEVER GIVE UP MY PEPSI, but i support your right to drink coca cola no matter how misguided

(just joking with you) dont take offense.

• Haha 1

On 6/5/2021 at 9:18 PM, kpjb said:

I prefer my rum and cokes to be made with Pepsi.  And dark rum.  I find the extra sweetness provides a better flavor.

Anywho, to the OP, there are also non-carbonated zero sugar drinks.  Kiwi-Strawberry water, and a Mango one too, I think.  There is Diet Mountain Dew, at least from US sailings, but you'll only find it in the vending machines in the arcade.  If you don't have the drink package that's not a big deal, but if you have the package then it means you're paying for soft drinks that would otherwise be included.

What ship has vending machines in the arcade?

My friend Dave from Dayton's wife Betty- now refuses to go on NCL as they don't have Coke.  I think they are going on RCCL next. Their son Jed is mad because they were supposed to go on a  NCLcruise for his 18th and he enjoyed all the beer his dad got him at the district last time

I told him to leave Betty at home and she could go to McDonald's every day!

11 hours ago, ziggyuk said:

While everyone says they can 100% identify the brand let me tell you, I did an experiment.

I decanted a store brand diet cola into Coke bottles.

Not a single person knew what I had done, nobody noticed they were drinking the lowest cost cola available just because the bottle looked right.

Everyone who is a Diet Coke drinker can absolutely 100% of the time tell in a blind taste test that they are drinking Diet Pepsi and not Diet Coke. The two are not even close in any way. 

• Like 3

23 hours ago, complawyer said:

what medicines do you take that you can compare them to pepsi. my prior post,i've been drinking pepsi for over 65 years, find no after taste and certainly nothing medicinal, and dont claim my taste buds have been ruined after all these years.  i can drink coke, but i prefer pepsi. by the way the term "coke" has almost become universally accepted as meaning any type of cola, just like if you want a tissue, you ask for a kleenex.

I WILL NEVER GIVE UP MY PEPSI, but i support your right to drink coca cola no matter how misguided

(just joking with you) dont take offense.

Robitussin.     Thats what Pepsi tastes like to me ..  Robitussin!  😜   

(No offense taken ... all in fun!)

1 hour ago, F27TW said:

Robitussin.     Thats what Pepsi tastes like to me ..  Robitussin!  😜   

(No offense taken ... all in fun!)

well, to you pepsi may taste like robitussin, but rememberpeople use coca cola to remove rust!

as you said, all in fun, dont get me wrong ,i like coke, i just prefer pepsi

• Like 2

On 6/11/2021 at 7:02 AM, SkierRobUMN said:

Everyone who is a Diet Coke drinker can absolutely 100% of the time tell in a blind taste test that they are drinking Diet Pepsi and not Diet Coke. The two are not even close in any way. 

Yes!  I don't know if there is a difference between Coke and Pepsi, but there is a definite difference between Diet Coke and Diet Pepsi.  For that matter, there is a difference between Diet Coke and Coke Zero.  I like Diet Coke, and dislike Coke Zero.  Diet soda drinkers are picky.

• Like 2

On 6/10/2021 at 6:01 PM, rabidstoat said:

When you order Diet Coke and the server asks if Diet Pepsi is okay the proper response is: "No, my god, what is wrong with you???" 😉

Funny, when we're asked if Diet Coke is OK, we respond with: "No, my god, what is wrong with you???"

On 6/1/2021 at 1:55 PM, complawyer said:

on a blind taste test, could you actually tell the difference? would it make a difference to you if the drink was called rum and cola or jack and cola?

Absolutely, I could taste the difference!  Pepsi is way sweeter. (Too sweet)

• Like 3

On 6/12/2021 at 8:12 AM, billslowsky said:

Coke discontinued it last year.

I love TAB!   I was bummed when i saw they discontinued it.   I was shocked, though, to see it iin a Publix last month in Florida, though.   Of course I bought some for old times sake!

Coke Zero tastes similar to TAB to me, just a little sweeter. 

On 6/10/2021 at 8:57 PM, cruiserbear55 said:

What ship has vending machines in the arcade?

Haven't been on anything older than Breakaway, but all the ships I've been on have had a Pepsi machine in the arcade.

1 hour ago, ClevelandCruisin said:

I've never searched out vending machines, can't remember which ship I saw them on. But I just go to any bar and grab a pop when I want one for free. Also it's pop, not soda!

Well, here in Canada we call it 'Soft Drinks'!