June 1 Will this be the week to hear about July cancellations?

2 hours ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

The minute they announce a plan and then have to change that plan, people then default to complaining that they are being inconsistent and changing too much.

There's really no win for the cruise line here so the best course of action is to not say anything until announcements can be made with a significant amount of confidence.

Not the same. just commit, no sailings in the month of July and everyone would be happy, because then everyone just adjusts their plans now.......Like they are doing now, no one really knows what to do.

Just commit, No sailings through July or August 15th.

Royal just explains not enough ducks in  row to sail now, people will understand and not be as mad as they are now about the way Royal is handling things.

The current way they are handling it is "NOT WORKING"

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, molly361 said:

Not a bad idea if you have a cruise payment coming up shortly to make a quick 25% just put the money out a bit earlier.  IF I were to do that I would pick an early July cruise to book😇

That's why I feel that there is no harm or foul play leaving the bookings that won't sail open. They are still generating capital even if they don't sail. I can't believe at this point that anyone is booking a July 3rd sailing thinking that there is a good chance that it will sail.  I wonder if these people complaining about bookings remaining open are going to put their money where their mouth is when the cruise is canceled and take a refund or are just going to lift and shift or take the FCC.

27 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

That's why I feel that there is no harm or foul play leaving the bookings that won't sail open. They are still generating capital even if they don't sail. I can't believe at this point that anyone is booking a July 3rd sailing thinking that there is a good chance that it will sail.  I wonder if these people complaining about bookings remaining open are going to put their money where their mouth is when the cruise is canceled and take a refund or are just going to lift and shift or take the FCC.

As a matter of fact, I want my money back at this point. 

And let me see you put your money where your mouth is. I am starting a new company. Can you please send me $5000 in hopes that I can deliver a product to you? I will know before you send your money if I can or cannot deliver said product  but will never update you on refunding your money. I will hold your money for an undetermined amount of time. Can I give you my Venmo info to send me the money today?

And by your own admission you are saying that Royal is a company not to be trusted to sail on a July 3rd cruise so why should they be trusted at all

i will be waiting on you to send me $5000

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, UNCFanatik said:

And let me see you put your money where your mouth is. I am starting a new company. Can you please send me $5000 in hopes that I can deliver a product to you? I will know before you send your money if I can or cannot deliver said product  but will never update you on refunding your money. I will hold your money for an undetermined amount of time. Can I give you my Venmo info to send me the money today?

And by your own admission you are saying that Royal is a company not to be trusted to sail on a July 3rd cruise so why should they be trusted at all

I don't buy a pig in a poke. You are a new business and don't have past history of success. I have not  booked any cruises knowing and / or not knowing what is going to happen. Had I had anything on the books in 2020 I would have taken a refund the minute it was offered. Royal Caribbean along with the other cruise lines have offered numerous alternatives to satisfy customers in terms of canceling their cruise. No other time has it been this easy to get your money of FCC without penalties. My pet peeve with Royal is the hold up actually getting the refund. It should have never taken 90 days or longer.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, UNCFanatik said:

Unfortunately you aren't an established company with a product that interests me

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

I don't buy a pig in a poke. You are a new business and don't have past history of success. I have not  booked any cruises knowing and / or not knowing what is going to happen. Had I had anything on the books in 2020 I would have taken a refund the minute it was offered. Royal Caribbean along with the other cruise lines have offered numerous alternatives to satisfy customers in terms of canceling their cruise. No other time has it been this easy to get your money of FCC without penalties. My pet peeve with Royal is the hold up actually getting the refund. It should have never taken 90 days or longer.

Let me summarize your position for you....you will not put your money where your mouth is but chide others for not doing so....gotcha...carry on with crapping all over this thread...

2 minutes ago, UNCFanatik said:

Let me summarize your position for you....you will not put your money where your mouth is but chide others for not doing so....gotcha...carry on with crapping all over this thread...

I spent my vacation money elsewhere and didn't book a cruise during a pandemic and I certainly wouldn't book one for summer 21 now. Therefor, I have no gripes with the cruise lines. 

• Like 2

This whole situation is stressing me out. We are booked July 10th on Symphony. It was supposed to be a graduation gift to my twin daughters. There are 8 of us in the villa suite. So you can imagine the cash I have tied up in this, not to mention the $1699 over the water cabana in Cococay. I have not purchased plane tickets or a hotel because I was sure there was no way it was going to sail. I have a backup trip booked for Jamaica but it would be really nice to know what I am doing and if I need to buy plane tickets. 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, CruisingHusker said:

This whole situation is stressing me out. We are booked July 10th on Symphony. It was supposed to be a graduation gift to my twin daughters. There are 8 of us in the villa suite. So you can imagine the cash I have tied up in this, not to mention the $1699 over the water cabana in Cococay. I have not purchased plane tickets or a hotel because I was sure there was no way it was going to sail. I have a backup trip booked for Jamaica but it would be really nice to know what I am doing and if I need to buy plane tickets. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Can't imagine what those tickets to Jamaica are going to cost you when booking this late.... Good Luck where ever you end up.

6 hours ago, Kokomo91165 said:

2 days until the 30 day mark for my Symphony cruise 7/3/2021. I am steaming mad already they haven’t made an announcement. 

Ship is currently in drydock with bare minimum crew.  Crew still need to be loaded on board, vaccinated, and the ship to sailed back to Miami. Then, what about test cruises?

At this point, it is beyond laughable that they think their passengers are so stupid. This is egregious customer service and negligence to the Royal promise that we will have a outstanding vacation from start to finish.

kudos to the other lines who have been forthcoming with information. Perhaps I’ll take my business to them.

39 minutes ago, CruisingHusker said:

I'm on the 8/21 Symphony so I feel your pain. The plan is for the Liberty to follow the Symphony in 'July', so I assume that the work should be done in the next few weeks. The ship needs to sail back to the US, the crew needs to get vaccinated (although perhaps most of the crew is already being vaccinated now on another ship) and then it needs to do a test cruise (like all other Royal cruises). Any cruises in July are questionable at best, but they'll try to get as many cruises in as possible. If I would guess for likelihood of cruises happening on the Symhpny:

7/3 10%

7/10 33%

7/17 50%

7/24 65%

7/31 80%

And then my sailing is 8 days, another complication. Although they can easily reduce this to 7. So sorry for both of you, these are my best guesses.

But to your point: I need to get from NY to MIA. The only thing booked are flights (I can cancel these easily), rental car (that market is crazy) but no lodging. So yes, please let us know as soon as possible. This week, Royal?

• Like 1

Royal Caribbean customer service has to be the worst in the industry.  For them not to tell us for a July 3rd sailing that we are cancelled it complete nonsense.  I have not booked a hotel at the port or parking because I do not want to deal with  refunds without knowing we are actually going or not.  For not to have an idea of July cancellations by now is completely ridiculous.  It is almost like they want to hold onto our money until the last possible moment.  For them to leave families in uncertainty is crazy.  I want to take my family to celebrate my son's High School graduation and really cannot afford 2 vacations if this one is not cancelled.  Royal Caribbean, please act like you care about your customers and make a decision one way or another.

• Like 3

I said to myself this morning, I wasn't going to get off this computer until I heard something from Royal about cruises in July.........I did leave for about 2 hours to run some errands and such.........

Came back about an hour ago...........but looks like still nothing, to nice outside here in Southwest Virginia, sorry but I'm bailing again.

Good Luck with whatever happens !!!

29 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Can't imagine what those tickets to Jamaica are going to cost you when booking this late.... Good Luck where ever you end up.

I should clarify. I have the plane tickets to Jamaica but not to Miami for the cruise. 

7 minutes ago, mavo68 said:

Well, all I know is RC has been very quiet on all their social media including Twitter for the past few days. So I am thinking real soon there will be an announcement. 

I doubt we will hear anything from Royal until the federal mediator declares that mediation is concluded. 

5 minutes ago, mavo68 said:

Well, all I know is RC has been very quiet on all their social media including Twitter for the past few days. So I am thinking real soon there will be an announcement. 

I noticed that too.  

I will say while I agree what the company is doing to us passengers is awful, its not the "customer service" department's fault.  I don't think a single person who is answering calls from frustrated people is enjoying their job right now and they certainly aren't the ones making the decisions about sailings.  They're treating their own employees like garbage if you think about it.  They let these people day in and day out take on angry customers because of their own poor business decision.  The top brass aren't dealing with the stress and anger call after call.  Please if you do call keep that in mind.  

• Like 4

5 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

I am not familiar with this "30 day policy"

Any details? Is there any repercussion to it, or is it just a "feel good" statement by the company and is not binding?

I do not know what this 30 day policy mentioned is either.  I was in the airport about to board my flight on a Friday night and I luckily got an email from a friend saying do not board because it was just posted on Twitter that our cruise the next  morning would not be sailing (when the pandemic just started).  We did not even get notified by RCCL until hours after our plane would have already landed in Florida.  No idea what the poster is referring to about 30 days notice.

39 minutes ago, exm said:

And then my sailing is 8 days, another complication. Although they can easily reduce this to 7. So sorry for both of you, these are my best guesses.

But to your point: I need to get from NY to MIA. The only thing booked are flights (I can cancel these easily), rental car (that market is crazy) but no lodging. So yes, please let us know as soon as possible. This week, Royal?

I believe I read last week that the 7 day maximum cruise length imposed by the CDC was no longer in effect (and B2B cruises would be permitted as well). We have an 8-day sailing on the Indy the day after your Symphony cruise is supposed to sail, so we are watching this closely as well.

You do not have lodging booked for your cruise?  Booking at AAA rates lets you cancel with a single day notice, so why not book a hotel in case you require one?

1 minute ago, Russ Lomas said:

I do not know what this 30 day policy mentioned is either.  I was in the airport about to board my flight on a Friday night and I luckily got an email from a friend saying do not board because it was just posted on Twitter that our cruise the next  morning would not be sailing (when the pandemic just started).  We did not even get notified by RCCL until hours after our plane would have already landed in Florida.  No idea what the poster is referring to about 30 days notice.

I believe I read last week that the 7 day maximum cruise length imposed by the CDC was no longer in effect (and B2B cruises would be permitted as well). We have an 8-day sailing on the Indy the day after your Symphony cruise is supposed to sail, so we are watching this closely as well.

You do not have lodging booked for your cruise?  Booking at AAA rates lets you cancel with a single day notice, so why not book a hotel in case you require one?

We usually do AirBNB since we're with a large group. We really haven't made any plans yet.

17 minutes ago, laddcalcagno said:

I noticed that too.  

I will say while I agree what the company is doing to us passengers is awful, its not the "customer service" department's fault.  I don't think a single person who is answering calls from frustrated people is enjoying their job right now and they certainly aren't the ones making the decisions about sailings.  They're treating their own employees like garbage if you think about it.  They let these people day in and day out take on angry customers because of their own poor business decision.  The top brass aren't dealing with the stress and anger call after call.  Please if you do call keep that in mind.  

So I do agree that maybe their customer service is not to blame, but the upper management is completely to blame.  They know based on CDC guidelines, time to get shipped into ports, etc. if they can cruise in July.  Every other cruise line is making sure customers are giving ample time to make alternative plans.  Not sure if I will ever cruise with Royal Caribbean after ships sail back.  I want to provide my son a nice graduation gift, but I am not rich enough to afford 2 vacations.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, exm said:

We usually do AirBNB since we're with a large group. We really haven't made any plans yet.

That makes perfect sense then.  Since about half of the group we often travel with is not sure what they may do due to ever changing information, we have decided to take care of our own family and just book a hotel room for ourselves.  All the others in our group have the hotel info if they would like to book at the same place.  Let's hope both of our cruises sail and our groups are both aboard them.

3 hours ago, ZJT_2020 said:

That is probably me you are talking about - we actually booked this a couple years ago, but 2020 was cancelled, rebooked to 2021, had to pay up in April of course....now anticipating a cancelation again....:) ah well.  life could be worse.

No  -  another poster.

M

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, UNCFanatik said:

This reminds me of Znaps on Kickstarter.