CHANGES TO CROWN AND ANCHOR BENEFITS

6 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Obviously, butwe won't know much until Saturday.  I'm sure the goodies you crave will return in some manner. Eventually 

Or maybe we get a once a cruise Gala HH with passed goodies like the old top tier events

I don't sail until January 2022....Hoping some return to normalcy by then...or some version of it.

Edited by Ashland
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I'm going to disagree. POS terminals are easy to install and the hassle will just send folks elsewhere. Only hardcore LMP's will remain

Or they could do Square, but that would mean allowing servers to handle the transaction.

9 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

You'd be surprised how many Pinns cruise in suites

Percentage, John?  Because I really don’t have any idea.  My experience with Pinns on Grandeur and Enchantment is that most are not in suites.  Maybe because there are a limited number of suites on Vision class but these folks book as soon as new bookings are available.  I would think if they wanted a suite they could get one.

Not arguing with you — just asking. 😀 Katherine

Edited by Lady Hudson
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Lady Hudson said:

Definitely a negative if a Pinn is not in a suite — which I would guess are most Pinns.  Wonder how long the DL will be open to both D and D+?  I foresee the DL becoming a PL very soon

— especially with all the extra C&A points passengers will be receiving once cruising

starts up fully again.  Katherine

Or just do away with the diamond lounge as it is. Just a regular bar now.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Lady Hudson said:

I was just going to ask about Starbucks/vouchers.  I would miss not being able to go to a lounge for a coffee.  I would hope at least one voucher per day could be at Starbucks.

Cafe Promenade would be the primary venue

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Lady Hudson said:

Percentage, John?  Because I really don’t have any idea.  My experience with Pinns on Grandeur and Enchantment is that most are not in suites.  Maybe because there are a limited number of suites on Vision class but these folks book as soon as new bookings are available.  I would think if they wanted a suite they could get one.

Not arguing with you — just asking. 😀 Katherine

No idea on percentage, but I've seen a lot. Probably varies by ship and sailing.

Personally we've done everything from inside to Royal Suite and STAR Class

19 minutes ago, ILCTCRUISER said:

Or they could do Square, but that would mean allowing servers to handle the transaction.

No need for actual cash transactions with vouchers in play. 

I can't wait until first person gets denied a drink for being out of vouchers🤣🤣

• Haha 4

44 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

As said above, people here really like those machines. 

BTW, I doubt the vouchers will be accepted at Starbucks 

Don’t mind paying for a good cup of coffee at Starbucks. Usually there when they open every morning 6 or 6:30 depending on ship then enjoying it on my balcony. Barista recognizes me walking down promenade & starts my 2 venti americano. Yes I bring one back for my DH & sometimes a danish. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

No idea on percentage, but I've seen a lot. Probably varies by ship and sailing.

Personally we've done everything from inside to Royal Suite and STAR Class

My experience sailing from NJ and MD is with Pinns who probably do at least 15 cruises per year.  That would be very costly to always sail in a suite each time — especially since many of the suite perks — at least until now — are included in the Pinn perks.  

I went back to check my 2018 and 2019 sailings—to see what I was missing in 2020–and I had sailed 11 times each year.  But I felt like a “baby” cruiser compared to some of these people.  That’s why for me I see the suite Pinns as being low. But you are right—depends on the sailing, time of year, and the number of times sailing per year. I would definitely book suites if I were sailing only a few times per year.  Katherine

• Like 2

2 hours ago, keyboardjunkie said:

Will a mandatory tip be included when a drink is bought with a credit?  Usually in the lounges most people tip the server when they receive their complimentary drink. Will that be the same and, if not, will the tip be covered by the guest or Royal?  I, personally, would like to know that the crew serving 'complimentary' drinks are receiving remuneration.

If you already tipped in the lounge when somebody brought you a drink, why not just tip at the bar when somebody does as well?

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Yep, can't completely get rid of them. I think I have 3 with SL/CK ships, and 1 on Voyager

I don't actually care about the Pinnacles being the SL/CL when there is space.  My experience is more often than not the lounge is pretty tight.  That being the case, it seems reasonable to me that Royal needs to do something about that, and removing the non-suite Pinnacles seems like the only option.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cigar King said:

I don't actually care about the Pinnacles being the SL/CL when there is space.  My experience is more often than not the lounge is pretty tight.  That being the case, it seems reasonable to me that Royal needs to do something about that, and removing the non-suite Pinnacles seems like the only option.

NSPP's 😉

Yep, it can be a problem on some sailings

Edited by John&LaLa

2 minutes ago, Cigar King said:

It's even worse in the CL...suites, pinns, and D+...that can be a lot of guests.

That was being phased out pre covid.

On our Allure TA in March 2020, they set up CP150 for Pinns lunch and breakfast, limited dinner reservations to I think 2 over 12 days.

Plus they created a lavish Happy Hour spread in Dazzles each night.

If I had known all that, I might not have booked us in an A1 Aqua Suite. 

5 hours ago, LorraineP said:

Was wondering about the bottles of water we usually have waiting for us when we arrive. Not sure if it’s a D+ Benefit. Also if we will still get our 2 bottles of wine & lunch with an officer. 

Wondering about this also.  We get 3 bottles of wine and water.  We also enjoy the lunch with an officer.  

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Why? It was only 3, during Happy Hour only, and limited choices. Now you get 4-6 whenever and almost whatever you want.

Sounds like a huge improvement to me🤔

And for us, it sounds like a better choice of wine.  

• Like 1