CHANGES TO CROWN AND ANCHOR BENEFITS

46 minutes ago, gadaboutgal said:

On the Adventure, the Suite Lounge is reserved specifically for Suite guests only.  No Pins permitted unless staying in a suite.  Royal has effectively closed the Suite Lounge to non-suite Pinnacles!

Pinnacles in the suite lounge I've talked to come to the suite lounge because the diamond lounge is annoying.  I'm sure they can't be happy about this.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Anton said:

"...beverage vouchers to be used at any bar, at any time or in the Diamond Lounge during the nightly Happy Hour"

This means the unlimited drinks in the Diamond Lounge at happy hours are ending, and they won't return. 

I'm hoping that's just awkwardly worded, and they aren't getting rid of the traditional happy hour.

1 minute ago, smokeybandit said:

I'm hoping that's just awkwardly worded, and they aren't getting rid of the traditional happy hour.

Could reduce crowding

I'll take my 6 drinks elsewhere in a heartbeat

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 12

6 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Could reduce crowding

Not if the Pinnacles and D+ that usually go to the suite lounge are banned from the suite lounge and end up in the Diamond lounge.

Edited by smokeybandit
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, yogimax said:

The question is the new prices for cocktails.  Sine the limit is a firm $13, what is to stop them from raising prices (e.g. Martinis, Cosmos, Manhattans) to $14 or more.

Then you pay a $1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Isn’t that how it works now.  I don’t actually know, as I just go to a bar and order the Diamond Red Wine, and hand them my card.  

I was worrying something bad had happened to you, as you were missing on so many threads that seemed right down your alley recently.  good to know you are well.

jc

I'm happy with these changes and hope they continue past the current troubles.  The vouchers are a better fit for us and hopefully this will result in a less crowded lounge.

Question:  Does anyone know if the flexible arrival program is going to be available to suite guests?  I would assume yes, but, this does not say.

1 hour ago, yogimax said:

The question is the new prices for cocktails.  Sine the limit is a firm $13, what is to stop them from raising prices (e.g. Martinis, Cosmos, Manhattans) to $14 or more.

Actually, nothing.  However, this drink threshold comes in the same threshold as the drink package.  I believe $13.00 is its limit too and if they did that, that would mean drink package holders would revolt as they lose as well.

6 minutes ago, neverbeenhere said:

The 6ers can pity the 5ers and we don't even want to talk about the poor 4ers.

I'm a "poor 4er" and believe me I don't need to be pitied. I'm thrilled about this development as it works much better for us than the "old" set up, so will be very pleased if it continues going forward. 

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Pinnacles in the suite lounge I've talked to come to the suite lounge because the diamond lounge is annoying.  I'm sure they can't be happy about this.

Funny, on our last cruise we had a bunch of pinnacles in the Diamond Lounge because they said the Pinnacle lounge was annoying. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Could reduce crowding

First time we had vouchers was on a TA in 2014.  When that happened, we thought:  “Oh, well, the beginning of the end.”  Isn’t this where RCL wants to be?

As D+ we enjoyed the CL and, in the absence of it, the DL.  Oasis class, we probably spent more time at Trellis Bar, than in DL.   A major plus is the “any drink up to $13.”  Prefer that and 5 a day works here.    That’s fine.

Hopefully we’ll still have access to coffee machine and DL breakfasts.

29 minutes ago, ValerieJo said:

Funny, on our last cruise we had a bunch of pinnacles in the Diamond Lounge because they said the Pinnacle lounge was annoying. 

They've told us there were too many rookie Diamond people in the Diamond lounge and it got packed too easily as a result.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

They've told us there were too many rookie Diamond people in the Diamond lounge and it got packed too easily as a result.

The pinnacles I witnessed in the DL seemed to just want to be big fish in a little pond.  Sadly, they were demanding and rude to the staff.  Wanted to make sure everyone knew they were pinnacles.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

Royal Caribbean sending out awkwardly worded announcements?  Surely not!  They are always succinct with their words. 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I personally will miss Ps in the SL. I’m not pinnacle but always enjoy their company and conversations. Who else has more knowledge and things to talk about relative to cruising than them?
I’ve met some really great people that way - especially on long cruises. 
Some want to refer to Pinnacles as snobs.  A snob is a snob but not all Pinnacles are snobs. 

Edited by HicksRA
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cigar King said:

I'm happy with these changes and hope they continue past the current troubles.  The vouchers are a better fit for us and hopefully this will result in a less crowded lounge.

Question:  Does anyone know if the flexible arrival program is going to be available to suite guests?  I would assume yes, but, this does not say.

Yes, flexible arrival includes suite guests.  Someone on the Adventure posted their welcome email from the concierge in a <major social media site that begins with F> group this morning.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1