CHANGES TO CROWN AND ANCHOR BENEFITS

1 hour ago, Cigar King said:

This has been my experience as well.  I do know that there are some folks who tip at the end, so one never knows.  That being said, it always seemed like the last night was less crowded.  Same in the MDR.  The cheapskates hide on tip night.

I remember on a cruise with 2 friends, they showed up on lobster night and to avoid the MDR tips, they ate in the Windjammer other nights.

57 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Just got caught up on this new C&A Benefits thread only to see that it has changed into a tipping thread.  A true sign that we are almost back to normal!

Not really, we haven't got to the chair hogs or elevator protocols.😊

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bobmacliberty said:

Just got caught up on this new C&A Benefits thread only to see that it has changed into a tipping thread.  A true sign that we are almost back to normal!

Wasn't there a thread a few weeks ago in which the poster pleaded to stay on the subject.  i wonder how the topic ended up

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Wasn't there a thread a few weeks ago in which the poster pleaded to stay on the subject.  i wonder how the topic ended up

It went poof and so did the thread after that which asked why the original thread went poof.  I didn't see anything inappropriate about it and actually, it was a fun thread that remained civil throughout.  

• Like 1

I don't know why using a C&A drink voucher from your card around the ship would change one's tipping habits.  No matter where I am, if I'm using a voucher I wrap a $1 bill around my card when I hand it to the waiter, or I give it to them when they deliver the drink.  Any drink, alcoholic or not.

I like the new program.  I like to drink sparkling water all the time, so this enables me to get it during the day and switch to a few Manhattans before dinner.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, yogimax said:

Interesting...  in my experience in the CL and DL, a significant majority do not tip waiters with every drink.  Here, it seems like everyone does.

How would you even know unless you are speaking for yourself! Falls under the category of NOYB. 🙄

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/7/2021 at 1:28 PM, Rouque said:

Any idea if teens will get vouchers?  My boys like to go to the DL and have a soda and snack because we always book late dinning.

I was thinking the same thing. We bought our kids the soda package for our cruise on AOS in July. But if they get 5 drinks or 5 sodas a day that would be a great way to limit how much they have and save some money. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, davidofsc said:

I was thinking the same thing. We bought our kids the soda package for our cruise on AOS in July. But if they get 5 drinks or 5 sodas a day that would be a great way to limit how much they have and save some money. 

I may be wrong, but I don't think that kids even though they are D or above accrue any benefits.

On 6/7/2021 at 11:11 AM, molly361 said:

That's how it reads to me.  We will see how many LMP still hang out there

I’ll still be going sometimes. Will be nice since it will be less crowded.

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Those daytime free suite drinks are somewhat limited and exclusively Oasis Class

What type of Suite on Oasis qualifies for free drinks during the day? We usually sail on anthem, so this is something I was aware of. Thanks.

On 6/7/2021 at 11:25 AM, smokeybandit said:

I'm hoping that's just awkwardly worded, and they aren't getting rid of the traditional happy hour.

That would be nice, but I don’t think they will have unlimited drinks along with the additional drinks during the day. I just hope that I can pay any difference in price if I want a drink that costs more.

1 minute ago, sixbirches said:

What type of Suite on Oasis qualifies for free drinks during the day? We usually sail on anthem, so this is something I was aware of. Thanks.

It's free beer and wine (not spirits) at the CK on Oasis class ships.  Grand Suite and up. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, sixbirches said:

GS and above. Might be called Sky Class

2 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

That would be nice, but I don’t think they will have unlimited drinks along with the additional drinks during the day. I just hope that I can pay any difference in price if I want a drink that costs more.

That's my assumption. I think drink pkg works that way. I know it was that way with STAR Class. We never hit it though.

• Like 1

Just now, livingonthebeach said:

It's free beer and wine (not spirits) at the CK on Oasis class ships.  Grand Suite and up. 

Thanks for this info — its great news!  I didn’t know this.
We are in an Owners Suite-1 bedroom.  Now all I need is for October cruise to actually sail 😎

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, nelblu said:

I may be wrong, but I don't think that kids even though they are D or above accrue any benefits.

They do get things each cruise as well. They do not get all they we get but they have free stuff loaded onto their cards. They got one free picture and other stuff. They would go to the DL lounge and get sodas just like me. So I think it would only be fair. Besides a soda is cheaper than liquor. However, Only time will tell. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, davidofsc said:

They do get things each cruise as well. They do not get all they we get but they have free stuff loaded onto their cards. They got one free picture and other stuff. They would go to the DL lounge and get sodas just like me. So I think it would only be fair. Besides a soda is cheaper than liquor. However, Only time will tell. 

My grandkids been on cruises as Ds and never even was informed of these benefits.  Do you know where I could get this info.  They have come to the DL with us and got the snacks and soda/water during the HH.

Edited by nelblu
double posting

7 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

Every-time we go to Coastal Kitchen for lunch and I ask for wine, they ask for my card. I have never thought about checking for charges, just thought they did. I never realized it was free!!! Do you think they were checking my Suite status or did they ring my card???

1 minute ago, kdnurs said:

Every-time we go to Coastal Kitchen for lunch and I ask for wine, they ask for my card. I have never thought about checking for charges, just thought they did. I never realized it was free!!! Do you think they were checking my Suite status or did they ring my card???

In my case, I was never charged.  They do ask for your card to see if you qualify.  

• Like 2

Just now, livingonthebeach said:

In my case, I was never charged.  They do ask for your card to see if you qualify.  

THANK-YOU!!! I just never bothered to check. I was just happy to have a glass and a nice nice 🥰

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, nelblu said:

My grandkids been on cruises as Ds and never even was informed of these benefits.  Do you know where I could get this info.  They have come to the DL with us and got the snacks and soda/water during the HH.

I do not see it online. Sometimes we got a card in the room when we got on. Other times I went and got list from the loyalty ambassador. We are D+ so maybe it starts at that level. We go in July and I will try to remember to post it when we get list on board for our kids. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, davidofsc said:

I do not see it online. Sometimes we got a card in the room when we got on. Other times I went and got list from the loyalty ambassador. We are D+ so maybe it starts at that level. We go in July and I will try to remember to post it when we get list on board for our kids. 

I'm D+ and my grandkids are just plain Ds.😄

On 6/7/2021 at 3:42 PM, xpcdoojk said:

I suspect that the DL and SL drinks are going to be free in the lounges, but they will be strictly limited in the number of people in the rooms, maybe no overflow lounges.  

That said, why don’t we wait and see what happens in the very near future.  Will be much easier to figure out what is going on and if it is a win or a loss for us the C&A members.  

What, and not speculate like on every other thread?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, piercetc4 said:

we would put $ in the tip jar as we left the dl -  the last 2 cruises it was so crowded we walked in and walked back out..... 

I don’t remember seeing a tip jar. It’s just easier to tip as I’m handed a drink.

• Like 1