CHANGES TO CROWN AND ANCHOR BENEFITS

Back to topic please!

I feel the new DL protocols have not been 100% explained (in true RCL fashion).

Will there even be a DL lounge where one can get coffee and a continental breakfast?

Will DL be able to get bottled water (as many did in the DL in the past) or will it count toward your drink number? Same for soft drinks and juices.

6 minutes ago, Empehi said:

Back to topic please!

Will there even be a DL lounge where one can get coffee and a continental breakfast?

Will DL be able to get bottled water (as many did in the DL in the past) or will it count toward your drink number? Same for soft drinks and juices.

If the complimentary expresso coffee machine, bottled water, soda, juices, lite breakfast and cocktail hors d'oeuvres go bye-bye, to be compensated with just one or two extra drink vouchers, doesn't look like a very good deal, JMO.  I can live without the snacks and breakfast, but doing away with the complimentary water and other non-alcoholic beverages is not going to be very popular, IF that is what they intend on doing. Like you, I wish they would offer more information on this.

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, Empehi said:

Back to topic please!

I for one expect an end to free bottled water and soda. Use a voucher. From what I read many only get a 'drink or two' so 4/5/6 should be plenty😉

Coffee machine is unknown, but I expect it will be manned by an employee, so who knows🤔

As far as staying on topic, good luck with that.

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

That poster should have known that the threads can easily evolve. I believe they weren’t newbies either. If they haven’t gotten the answers they were looking for they could have posted the question again on their thread.

I believe there is a difference between evolving and spontaneous generation by interjection...lol

Sophie

26 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I for one expect an end to free bottled water and soda. Use a voucher. From what I read many only get a 'drink or two' so 4/5/6 should be plenty😉

Coffee machine is unknown, but I expect it will be manned by an employee, so who knows🤔

I tend to doubt that RCI is going to have a crew member stationed in the lounge from 6AM to 11PM which are typical operating hours of the coffee machine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I tend to doubt that RCI is going to have a crew member stationed in the lounge from 6AM to 11PM which are typical operating hours of the coffee machine.

Totally agree. Rather they may issue one voucher a day to be used at a venue serving barista coffee, much as they have done when the lounge machines were broken 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

If a voucher is required for bottled water, juice and soda -- they will go pretty fast, especially for those who get only 4.  I guess we'll see more people bringing their own cases of water and soda onboard -- if it's still even allowed.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, livingonthebeach said:

If a voucher is required for bottled water, juice and soda -- they will go pretty fast, especially for those who get only 4.  I guess we'll see more people bringing their own cases of water and soda onboard -- if it's still even allowed.  

Either that or newly invented ways to get alcohol aboard.

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

They do during a Noro outbreak. Very common for ice cream machines as well regardless of Noro.

And they could adjust the hours

5 minutes ago, Bobal said:

Totally agree. Rather they may issue one voucher a day to be used at a venue serving barista coffee, much as they have done when the lounge machines were broken 

They did increase the voucher total. Maybe that's why

5 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

Technically, you shouldn't have been getting drinks to go in DL anyway. Official Policy was no food or drinks to leave the lounge

• Like 2

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

They do during a Noro outbreak. Very common for ice cream machines as well regardless of Noro.

And they could adjust the hours

Fortunately, I have no first hand experience with that. I was on Adventure once the week after a noro outbreak. Precautions lasted two days and everything went back to standard operating procedure.

1 minute ago, Ocean Boy said:

Fortunately, I have no first hand experience with that. I was on Adventure once the week after a noro outbreak. Precautions lasted two days and everything went back to standard operating procedure.

Not so lucky, we had one cut short

@Biker19

Edited by John&LaLa

1 minute ago, livingonthebeach said:

Who said anything about drinks to go?  Now there's a thought...🤣

You weren't talking about picking up soda and water in the DL to be consumed later🤔

If a drink voucher can be used on a drink up to $13, I would think it should also be able to be used for a specialty coffee, which would cost less than that. Of course, who knows if they will do what makes sense, right? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Technically, you shouldn't have been getting drinks to go in DL anyway. Official Policy was no food or drinks to leave the lounge

I loved it when just before the diamond hours end, people would order 4 or 5 bottles of water or cans of soda unopened of course.  I have sometimes asked for a single bottle of water myself.  Before the dining room would let you use the vouchers, I always got a glass of wine before meandering to the dining room.

I am a very bad person.  

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

Who said anything about drinks to go?  Now there's a thought...🤣

It happened quite often before HH was extended to the MDR and other venues.  Many times we took wine from the DL to the MDR and we weren't the only ones.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

I loved it when just before the diamond hours end, people would order 4 or 5 bottles of water or cans of soda unopened of course.  I have sometimes asked for a single bottle of water myself.  Before the dining room would let you use the vouchers, I always got a glass of wine before meandering to the dining room.

I am a very bad person.  

In the early days I would go to an outdoor bar and get 6 beers to go. Put them in my Royal Cooler bag. Good times.🍺

And then you couldn't do it anymore 😪

#royalcrackdown

12 minutes ago, nelblu said:

It happened quite often before HH was extended to the MDR and other venues.  Many times we took wine from the DL to the MDR and we weren't the only ones.

Dbl fisted🤔😉

The only thing RCI is "happy about" is to be able to fleece their "guests" out of more coin.

Never sailing these bozos again.  Service has declined, perks are non-existent, cleanliness of ships is horrible, and the behemoths are not conducive to comfortable sailing.  Retch.  Staying with Celebrity, Princess, Oceania and Azamara.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

In the early days I would go to an outdoor bar and get 6 beers to go. Put them in my Royal Cooler bag. Good times.🍺

And then you couldn't do it anymore 😪

#royalcrackdown

Ok, if I am bad, you must be....  😇

• Haha 1