CHANGES TO CROWN AND ANCHOR BENEFITS

5 hours ago, piercetc4 said:

we would put $ in the tip jar as we left the dl -  the last 2 cruises it was so crowded we walked in and walked back out..... 

tip jar in the DL?  Never seen one.

On 6/7/2021 at 11:54 AM, Cigar King said:

I'm happy with these changes and hope they continue past the current troubles.  The vouchers are a better fit for us and hopefully this will result in a less crowded lounge.

Question:  Does anyone know if the flexible arrival program is going to be available to suite guests?  I would assume yes, but, this does not say.

When we re-booked on the 26th we were told we would would still be able to arrive when we pleased. This is for Symphony.

On 6/7/2021 at 11:52 AM, ValerieJo said:

The pinnacles I witnessed in the DL seemed to just want to be big fish in a little pond.  Sadly, they were demanding and rude to the staff.  Wanted to make sure everyone knew they were pinnacles.  

They accomplish that by wearing the pin

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It has been a while since we cruised and actually enjoyed the dl (its been too crowded the last few) so maybe they dont have a tip jar/ champagne bucket or whatever any more......??  Will hopefully get to see on Allure in November.....fingers crossed!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Often a champagne bucket

Thanks, I thought that was a spittoon.

No really, I've never used it. And just goes to show you can learn something new everyday. Today I've learned two things... One the forementioned and two, the Vitamin C and the B Complex are the only water soluble vitamins.

• Haha 1

It will be interesting to see if the 11-11 bar is operating in the SL once cruising restarts.  Even before COVID sometimes we would go into the SL and it would be hard to find someone to tend the bar....not that we were looking for alcohol.  I usually just wanted a Coke and Dan wanted a bottle of water.  I hope they do continue that service but I can see them cutting it back.

1 hour ago, forgotmyCCname said:

Grand and above. Wine beer water and soda 

Wine, soda and water along with pretzels and nuts was standard fare for the early days of the DL.  I can't recall if it was called the DL or something else.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, davidofsc said:

I was thinking the same thing. We bought our kids the soda package for our cruise on AOS in July. But if they get 5 drinks or 5 sodas a day that would be a great way to limit how much they have and save some money. 

Curious, did they pay tax on day 1🤔

Asking for a friend😉

19 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Kids are allowed in the Lounges and can get a soda there.  They have never been included (pre-pandemic) in the voucher-outside-of-the-Lounge program.

So it'll be interesting to see what our little (all under 10) D+ cruisers sailing in a suite will be offered.

18 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Wine, soda and water along with pretzels and nuts was standard fare for the early days of the DL.  I can't recall if it was called the DL or something else.

All day, though🤔

24 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

It will be interesting to see if the 11-11 bar is operating in the SL once cruising restarts.  Even before COVID sometimes we would go into the SL and it would be hard to find someone to tend the bar....not that we were looking for alcohol.

That's one thing I like on Celebrity.  There is always someone in there to get you whatever drink you want.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

All day, though🤔

Not as I recall.  When I became D my first experience was on the Serenade and there was this a bar off the the Viking Crown Lounge which was open for 3-4 hours for members.

PS:  I could not believe that beer was extra.😄

Edited by nelblu
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

That's one thing I like on Celebrity.  There is always someone in there to get you whatever drink you want.

Often it's a skeleton crew working on restocking. We've gotten adept at self service😁

But we left a tip in the change bucket😉

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, yogimax said:

I have eyes... don’t you?

🤣... I sure do, but I'm looking at my wife and talking with her or we're talking with others not and not trying to see who is tipping and who is stiffing the servers. 🙄 I will guarantee you (or anyone else) will never see me handing a tip to our server. No matter how hard you strain your eyes. You really need to get a life. You may enjoy the DL experience a lot more. 

Edited by davekathy

2 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Kids are allowed in the Lounges and can get a soda there.  They have never been included (pre-pandemic) in the voucher-outside-of-the-Lounge program.

i knew they could go in during the day but was not aware they could go in during happy hour-  maybe that has changed?