CHANGES TO CROWN AND ANCHOR BENEFITS

1 hour ago, Cigar King said:

I'm just gonna hang this bad boy out there and suggest it may not be saying what you thought it was...

I think it means exactly what it says. No one will see it as there is no need to put the process on display for all to see.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I do. Still have no idea what other people are doing for tipping.

OB, I imagine you are conversing and talking to people who you are excited to meet.  I am guessing some people are just watching, every time someone puts their hand in their pocket what is their hand doing there.  I, frankly, did not tip in the DL when I first was included, then I realized I should from visiting CC.  People told me they carry a wad of $1 bills, and I was like, it is a cashless society, my wallet is in the safe in my closet, I am not carrying a pile of bills, to give like a person trying to gain favor and influence amongst the servers.  

To the servers great credit I have never felt unappreciated or skipped to deliver me a drink because of my not giving a $1 per drink.  

I have the last many cruises given the best server a large tip the last night.  If he/she keeps it or shares it I care not.  

8 hours ago, nelblu said:

Wasn't there a thread a few weeks ago in which the poster pleaded to stay on the subject.  i wonder how the topic ended up

That poster should have known that the threads can easily evolve. I believe they weren’t newbies either. If they haven’t gotten the answers they were looking for they could have posted the question again on their thread.

3 hours ago, nelblu said:

Wine, soda and water along with pretzels and nuts was standard fare for the early days of the DL.  I can't recall if it was called the DL or something else.

No the early fare was nuts, and bits of chocolate, and something similar to a stale micro marshmallow.  I remember hanging out in the Dungeon on the Mariner for my first diamond cruise.  Bad wine and beer were the only offerings.  If you wanted a cocktail it was like half priced not free.  I believe they called it the diamond event.

My first DL was on the Freedom in 2013.  I never went in to the DL the entire week.  I didn’t realize I could.  I just hung out at the over flow lounge in the Viking Crown bar.  Had a great time and met my first 3 Pins... All three were just weird beyond description, and from such diverse backgrounds.  

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Apologies, I guess I was mistaken. Thanks for clarifying. Must have been a change jar like in a gas station. 🤐

I don’t remember the last time I went inside a gas station to pay.  Do they still have those there?

15 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I think it means exactly what it says. No one will see it as there is no need to put the process on display for all to see.

I'm not a very good magician I guess. I just hand it to them. Didn't realize I needed to learn slight of hand. Thnx

#stilllearning

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

No the early fare was nuts, and bits of chocolate, and something similar to a stale micro marshmallow.  I remember hanging out in the Dungeon on the Mariner for my first diamond cruise.  Bad wine and beer were the only offerings.  If you wanted a cocktail it was like half priced not free.  I believe they called it the diamond event.

My first DL was on the Freedom in 2013.  I never went in to the DL the entire week.  I didn’t realize I could.  I just hung out at the over flow lounge in the Viking Crown bar.  Had a great time and met my first 3 Pins... All three were just weird beyond description, and from such diverse backgrounds.  

Our Diamond event was Monarch VCL with Dexter

Edited by John&LaLa

12 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

I don’t remember the last time I went inside a gas station to pay.  Do they still have those there?

Yep, leave penny, take a penny

I go in to grab a Red Bull

It's how I make the Ocala Run in under two hours

Edited by John&LaLa

2 hours ago, davekathy said:

🤣... I sure do, but I'm looking at my wife and talking with her or we're talking with others not and not trying to see who is tipping and who is stiffing the servers. 🙄 I will guarantee you (or anyone else) will never see me handing a tip to our server. No matter how hard you strain your eyes. You really need to get a life. You may enjoy the DL experience a lot more. 

Whatever.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

That poster should have known that the threads can easily evolve. I believe they weren’t newbies either. If they haven’t gotten the answers they were looking for they could have posted the question again on their thread.

I think her main gripe was that people would go off in tangents and have side conversations on the threads she was following. As you pointed out, threads do evolve and change course, until they go way off the rails at which point they are either deleted, locked, or die off on their own. The two "Stay on Topic" threads were eventually deleted.  Too bad -- I thought they were a nice departure from the CV19, masks, vaccines and lawsuit topics. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Our Diamond event was Monarch VCL with Dexter

Dexter!...met him when his daugther wad born...treated us like family...only concierge we've evet met who took the time and visited us while having dinner...Dexter is one of the best.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

I'm not a very good magician I guess. I just hand it to them. Didn't realize I needed to learn slight of hand. Thnx

#stilllearning

I'm not either.  I do think it's funny (in a sad way) there is actually someone that likes to see if others are tipping or not. I didn't realize I needed to make it obvious. I guess I need to remember to fold the bill so the denomination shows too. 🙄

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, piercetc4 said:

i knew they could go in during the day but was not aware they could go in during happy hour-  maybe that has changed?

We were able to take our grandkids to the DL on Oasis during HH back in March 2016.

8 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

I think her main gripe was that people would go off in tangents and have side conversations on the threads she was following. As you pointed out, threads do evolve and change course, until they go way off the rails at which point they are either deleted, locked, or die off on their own. The two "Stay on Topic" threads were eventually deleted.  Too bad -- I thought they were a nice departure from the CV19, masks, vaccines and lawsuit topics. 

And everyone was getting along so well. Even the OP saw the humor in the thread.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, davekathy said:

I'm not either.  I do think it's funny (in a sad way) there is actually someone that likes to see if others are tipping or not. I didn't realize I needed to make it obvious. I guess I need to remember to fold the bill so the denomination shows too. 🙄

That might be wise. You wouldn't want a thread started here about how you stiffed the bartender.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, bonsai3s said:

Dexter!...met him when his daugther wad born...treated us like family...only concierge we've evet met who took the time and visited us while having dinner...Dexter is one of the best.

Sorry, I meant a Dexter who was the slowest waiter in history. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, davekathy said:

I always fold a pair together, and place in a business card holder, then pray I don’t run out