Port of Galveston says Carnival will be able to ask for proff of vaccine under the new Texas law

MrMarc

1 minute ago, IrieBajan54 said:

It's good that Federal law will be followed. Best for vaxxed pax. Galveston businesses are excited.

Yep.  Those businesses that count on cruising will be pumped about the re-start.  "Other" stubborn states can continue to play hardball.  Cruising will go on without them.  I have no problem changing my January FLA cruises to a TX cruise or another state if I have to. 

People who love cruising want to get back on a ship.  Most aren't going to care so much about the ports...at least not initially.  

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, CI66774 said:

Nope. Text of bill is pretty clear. No vaccine verification. Only exceptions are for state and fed LAW in terms of protocols, etc. CDC guidelines are not FED law.

I doubt you will believe me, but yes, they are.  

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, CI66774 said:

Nope. Text of bill is pretty clear. No vaccine verification. Only exceptions are for state and fed LAW in terms of protocols, etc. CDC guidelines are not FED law.

CDC is the implementation arm of Federal Law. Effectivy the same. The Florida lawsuit will fail and prove this once and for all 

• Like 9

15 minutes ago, vacruisin said:

People who love cruising want to get back on a ship.  Most aren't going to care so much about the ports...at least not initially.  

This is totally us.  I quit caring about getting off in Cozumel after the second time I went there, and I've honestly never heard a good thing about Progreso so I don't care if I can't get off in that port on my next cruise.  Just let me on the ship!!

Edited by ultrafighter
adding a sentence
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ultrafighter said:

This is totally us.  I quit caring about getting off in Cozumel after the second time I went there, and I've honestly never heard a good thing about Progreso so I don't care if I can't get off in that port on my next cruise.

Same with us.  We've been on so many cruises that we now cruise more for the ships than the ports.  As long as a ship has an Alchemy Bar and a Guys burgers joint, I am good. 🙂

• Like 7

Great news. Sounds like TX governor had some sense and put a out in there. Gets to look good in front of the cameras and get the attention but not hamper cruising business on the back end. Best of both worlds and a smart move. Won't have to worry about saving face, unlike his buddy from the south east. Well played. 

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, cruisingguy007 said:

Great news. Sounds like TX governor had some sense and put a out in there. Gets to look good in front of the cameras and get the attention but not hamper cruising business on the back end. Best of both worlds and a smart move. Won't have to worry about saving face, unlike his buddy from the south east. Well played. 

Yep!!!

I just got off the phone with the consumer division of the Texas State attorney General's office.  I doubted I would get an answer, but couldn't hurt to ask. Not surprisingly, they were unable to answer the question.  Said any information would most likely come out as a press release.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, jsglow said:

I can assure you that the speed limit on the road adjacent to your residence wasn't established via a Federal, State, or even Local VOTE of the governing body.

Speed limits are set by the governing jurisdiction up here.  Some Provincial, Some Local, and even Some Federal.

2 minutes ago, kdr69 said:

Speed limits are set by the governing jurisdiction up here.  Some Provincial, Some Local, and even Some Federal.

My point kdr is that there are plenty of laws (frankly most laws) that are on the books via delegated authority from the elected governing body to a department charged with the task.  How exactly you guys do it Up Nort may be different.

BTW, have they ended 'house arrest' up there yet?  Talk about gov't overreach!  🤯  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, jsglow said:

My point kdr is that there are plenty of laws (frankly most laws) that are on the books via delegated authority from the elected governing body to a department charged with the task.  How exactly you guys do it Up Nort may be different.

BTW, have they ended 'house arrest' up there yet?  Talk about gov't overreach!  🤯  

Which house arrest are you referring to? The Mandatory 3 day stay in an approved quarantine hotel followed by a 14 day quarantine at home upon entering the country house arrest or a different house arrest? lol  If its the first this is being removed in July for all fully vaccinated persons 

• Like 1

Just now, kdr69 said:

Which house arrest are you referring to? The Mandatory 3 day stay in an approved quarantine hotel followed by a 14 day quarantine at home upon entering the country house arrest or a different house arrest? lol  If its the first this is being removed in July for all fully vaccinated persons 

Which makes my November cruise chances looking better and better btw

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, kdr69 said:

Yeah, that's the one.  Glad its being removed. They have really restricted the citizens up there.

1 hour ago, vacruisin said:

Yep.  Those businesses that count on cruising will be pumped about the re-start.  "Other" stubborn states can continue to play hardball.  Cruising will go on without them.  I have no problem changing my January FLA cruises to a TX cruise or another state if I have to. 

Cruising doesn't have to go on without anyone since the cruise lines always have the option of a short test cruise.

13 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

Cruising doesn't have to go on without anyone since the cruise lines always have the option of a short test cruise.

And that would allow them to have non-vaxxed pax who would be required (by the same document that specifies the test cruise requirements) to wear masks almost everywhere, and social distance, causing headaches and arguments all cruise long. 

Of course the cruise lines want to go the fully vaxxed route (or have all of the CDC roadblocks removed and cruise without any restrictions/social distancing regardless of vax status).

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, MrMarc said:

I cannot figure out how to fix my spelling in the title, but I know about it.

I think you can ask the moderator to fix it. I have seen threads where it says the title was changed, so it is possible.

2 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

And that would allow them to have non-vaxxed pax who would be required (by the same document that specifies the test cruise requirements) to wear masks almost everywhere, and social distance, causing headaches and arguments all cruise long. 

Of course the cruise lines want to go the fully vaxxed route (or have all of the CDC roadblocks removed and cruise without any restrictions/social distancing regardless of vax status).

True.  All i am saying is that cruising will happen one way or another from each state.  We are moving forward.

• Like 1