2024 World Cruise Holland is taking deposits

Seriously, I don't think a $100 from a ship that holds 1400 people per sailing for at most 4 sailings is real money to Holland.  That might fund a morning's worth of operational expenses at best.  I can run the math if you want😁

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Mary229 said:

Seriously, I don't think a $100 from a ship that holds 1400 people per sailing for at most 4 sailings is real money to Holland.  That might fund a morning's worth of operational expenses at best.  I can run the math if you want😁

I agree with you . and they don't fill it ..

Edited by Gail & Marty sailing away
  • Like 3

On 6/10/2021 at 2:39 PM, KarefreeKaren said:

Hygge!,  I would also agree with your choice—have they done a Grand Australia in the past? Just curious what the route might be…

I was wondering the same thing.  Australia is a large country but for an 80-day  grand voyage?  The  attraction of grand voyages is to see different countries, different cultures, experience different languages, etc.,, etc.  Our 2018 Grand Asia spent about a week in Australia, from Darwin down to Sydney.  We loved it but I think I would like to see more of the world than just one country.

Speaking of grand voyages, what is the status of the delayed Grand Africa?  Was that initially  rescheduled for 2021 and now delayed to 2022?

3 minutes ago, Tampa Girl said:

I was wondering the same thing.  Australia is a large country but for an 80-day  grand voyage?  The  attraction of grand voyages is to see different countries, different cultures, experience different languages, etc.,, etc.  Our 2018 Grand Asia spent about a week in Australia, from Darwin down to Sydney.  We loved it but I think I would like to see more of the world than just one country.

Speaking of grand voyages, what is the status of the delayed Grand Africa?  Was that initially  rescheduled for 2021 and now delayed to 2022?

Yes.  It's October 2022 on Zaandam.

On 6/10/2021 at 10:07 PM, lindaler said:

My question is it better to book with the world cruise lady or my pcc? The lady said it can’t be transferred to a pcc so I should wait until mine got in tomorrow. 

Is this something new, that you cannot switch an initial deposit or a future cruise request with a PCC to a TA for a grand voyage?  And does as future cruise request of $100 even qualify as an initial deposit?

We were able to do this in 2017 for the 2018 Grand Asia.  How would you know at the time you made the initial deposit which agent would have the best rate?

56 minutes ago, Tampa Girl said:

Is this something new, that you cannot switch an initial deposit or a future cruise request with a PCC to a TA for a grand voyage?  And does as future cruise request of $100 even qualify as an initial deposit?

We were able to do this in 2017 for the 2018 Grand Asia.  How would you know at the time you made the initial deposit which agent would have the best rate?

My pcc said that if I had made the deposit through the world cruise department I couldn’t switch it to a pcc. It doesn’t make sense but maybe it’s just until it becomes a really booking and then you can. Since I’ve worked with the same guy for so long I’ll just stick with him since he knows what I like. 

7 minutes ago, lindaler said:

My pcc said that if I had made the deposit through the world cruise department I couldn’t switch it to a pcc. It doesn’t make sense but maybe it’s just until it becomes a really booking and then you can. Since I’ve worked with the same guy for so long I’ll just stick with him since he knows what I like. 

It makes sense if the inability to transfer it to a TA is because it is not yet an actual booking.  I know that HAL had changed the time limit in which a booking can be transferred from HAL to a TA, however.  Is it 30 days?

3 hours ago, janmcn said:

wanting a Grand Med!!! Haven’t done that in a few years!

When we canceled our 2022 world cruise on the Zaandam our TA speculated that the ‘world’ cruise in January could turn into a grand med instead.  She was just guessing of course.

Since this is new to me where you put a place holder not book a room I am asking how it has worked for others in the past.  Let's say of the two rooms choices I gave them, one was number one and one was cabin number two.  What if many others want cabin one and two. Do they go by who signed up first and asked for those cabins or who has the most stars or who has the most  cruises booked?

2 minutes ago, lindaler said:

Since this is new to me where you put a place holder not book a room I am asking how it has worked for others in the past.  Let's say of the two rooms choices I gave them, one was number one and one was cabin number two.  What if many others want cabin one and two. Do they go by who signed up first and asked for those cabins or who has the most stars or who has the most  cruises booked?

Not sure but would hope it’s a first come first serve.  Bear in mind that those on the 2023 WC get first dibs on booking the same room for 2024 WC.  That’s one way your rooms may get booked ahead of you.  Remember though, the cruise doesn’t sell out full segments so you certainly should be able to get your room category.

38 minutes ago, KirkNC said:

Not sure but would hope it’s a first come first serve.  Bear in mind that those on the 2023 WC get first dibs on booking the same room for 2024 WC.  That’s one way your rooms may get booked ahead of you.  Remember though, the cruise doesn’t sell out full segments so you certainly should be able to get your room category.

Remember though, the cruise doesn’t sell out full segments  (  You never know )

23 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

it was my 2nd thought, my first was really 3 years in advance.   oh my goodness

You do have a point, a long time to tie up funds, only good thing is interest rates stink right now.

2 hours ago, Gail & Marty sailing away said:

Remember though, the cruise doesn’t sell out full segments  (  You never know )

I think right now they would just like one to sail.  Cunard just canceled their 2022 WC.

• Like 1