2024 World Cruise Holland is taking deposits

45 minutes ago, atexsix said:

Really!  I thought it'd be much more for a grand voyage.

These are not regular deposits yet.  It is a Future Cruise Request (FCR).  Once reservations open up it is converted into a regular booking.  At that time you would be required to make a deposit which if memory serves is $7,000.  For the 2024 WC I would guess the reservation would open in May/June of 2022.

Its a $100 deposit on "Futuredam".  I gave them 6 cabin numbers that I was interested in if possible.   The rep said the deposit was refundable if we cancelled for ever reason.  After we make our decision and put down the balance of the initial $7000 deposit we could transfer the booking to our TA if we wanted.  She said we should get more info with an itinerary about June of 2022.  

4 hours ago, atexsix said:

You do have a point, a long time to tie up funds, only good thing is interest rates stink right now.

oh yes.  I think they should bring back passbooks and have a 1 or 2 percent amount as incentive for kids and teens to save.  I mean zero interest.  Not a good world for savers.

I suppose HAL will use they deposits for 2021 bills.

then again folks who like certain suites and rooms can pick early.

toodles

I doubt that we will ever do a world cruise, but this thread got me to thinking…

How does this $100 FCR come into play when purchasing travel insurance to cover pre-existing conditions? To get preexisting coverage, most policies require that you purchase a policy within a short time (usually 14 - 21 days) after your initial deposit. Initially I only purchase enough insurance to cover the deposit cost and then increase the coverage when I make the final payment. Does this $100 count as the initial deposit as far as travel insurance is concerned? The premium to cover just the $100 could easily cost more than that and it wouldn’t be refundable. 

So how do world cruisers deal with insuring your travels and making sure preexisting conditions are covered?

Edited by AryMay

49 minutes ago, AryMay said:

I doubt that we will ever do a world cruise, but this thread got me to thinking…

How does this $100 FCR come into play when purchasing travel insurance to cover pre-existing conditions? To get preexisting coverage, most policies require that you purchase a policy within a short time (usually 14 - 21 days) after your initial deposit. Initially I only purchase enough insurance to cover the deposit cost and then increase the coverage when I make the final payment. Does this $100 count as the initial deposit as far as travel insurance is concerned? The premium to cover just the $100 could easily cost more than that and it wouldn’t be refundable. 

So how do world cruisers deal with insuring your travels and making sure preexisting conditions are covered?

When you do a FCR it is not a booking it is a request ..

• 3 weeks later...

Can someone tell me how to get in touch with the world cruise desk? I tried just calling the regular HAL toll free number and after being on hold for an hour, I gave up. Is there a special number to call that would be more direct?

We are booked for 2023 GWV and want to out down the deposit for 2024. 

3 hours ago, Gail & Marty sailing away said:

When some one answers , ask if this   is the World Cruise department . SOMETIMES other  departments handle the over flow of calls.

M-F only 

Thank you both

7 hours ago, Gail & Marty sailing away said:

When some one answers , ask if this   is the World Cruise department . SOMETIMES other  departments handle the over flow of calls.

M-F only 

Thank you both.

We are all set. I was able to use a couple of our bonus gift cards from a previous gift card promo for the placeholder deposit. Woohoo. 

• 10 months later...

I'm dredging up this old thread because I was searching for the World Cruise desk hours of operation, and the correct phone number.  I see the phone number (800-522-3399) but not the hour they open up.  Anyone know for sure?

Our TA called for three days last week and no one at the WC desk answered, and she has other clients to take care of.  We need to get some cruise things taken care of before we leave on our Princess cruise this Wednesday.  I'm going to suggest she start at the opening of that department to get further up on the queue.  

So again, if someone can tell me the hour the WC department opens up it would be appreciated.

3 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I'm dredging up this old thread because I was searching for the World Cruise desk hours of operation, and the correct phone number.  I see the phone number (800-522-3399) but not the hour they open up.  Anyone know for sure?

Our TA called for three days last week and no one at the WC desk answered, and she has other clients to take care of.  We need to get some cruise things taken care of before we leave on our Princess cruise this Wednesday.  I'm going to suggest she start at the opening of that department to get further up on the queue.  

So again, if someone can tell me the hour the WC department opens up it would be appreciated.

My notes say M-F 7-5 Pacific Time.  Don't know if that is still correct. I have the same phone number you listed.

5 minutes ago, Red Haired Lady said:

My notes say M-F 7-5 Pacific Time.  Don't know if that is still correct. I have the same phone number you listed.

Thanks, your numbers are right!  I finally called the number and waited for the automated voice to tell me the hours since they are closed today.  I should have done that earlier I guess.

We made a regular deposit (not a FCR) last October for the planned 128 day 2024 WC, RT from Ft. Lauderdale on Jan. 3, '24 (Zuiderdam). Briefly, the itinerary shows the Amazon then through the canal, Hawaii, several ports in Japan, China, Vietnam, Singapore, India up the Suez, Turkey, Greece, Italy, Spain and back across the pond via a usual stop in the Azores.

Will the itinerary change and/or will this WC happen at all are still valid questions, I believe.

David

14 hours ago, dawei said:

We made a regular deposit (not a FCR) last October for the planned 128 day 2024 WC, RT from Ft. Lauderdale on Jan. 3, '24 (Zuiderdam). Briefly, the itinerary shows the Amazon then through the canal, Hawaii, several ports in Japan, China, Vietnam, Singapore, India up the Suez, Turkey, Greece, Italy, Spain and back across the pond via a usual stop in the Azores.

Will the itinerary change and/or will this WC happen at all are still valid questions, I believe.

David

Agree.  That we are not sailing in January, 2023, or Japan and China could be eliminated.  As of now, the 2023 looks fairly secure.